Ren'Py Sexbot Restoration 2124 [v0.8.1] [squirrel24]

4.40 star(s) 8 Votes

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Looked through the discussion thread to try and find an answer. Is there seriously no way to end the 'Mob Protection' quest currently?

I really like this game so far, but a recurring and ramping up in demand weekly mandatory quest and that has hit a brick wall. For people that like to try and feel out a game before reading for tips and tricks this feels like being punished for not letting the weekly debt payment quest hang on at a low balance.

Hopefully this gets resolved in the next content release, because unless there's a fix I haven't seen there's no point in playing.
It has been resolved, no fix is required, and there is a way to end Mob Protection. You must be doing the same thing over and over again and getting frustrated; been there done that myself. There are many places in this game to look for information but you're missing them. They aren't hidden but you have to look around. Here's the deal:

Read the 'Journal' and at the appropriate time it tells you EXACTLY what you must do. At the same time a button labeled 'Sabotage Bot Check' appears whenever you are at 'Home'. When you click on it you will learn if you followed the instructions correctly.

For you or anyone wanting help, clues, or anything like this please check the DSCS/SR24 site on Discord or the DSCS page on F95Zone. SR24 versions 0.0.1 through 0.6.1 lived in those locations before it had it's own page here on F95Zone.

Cheers!

Reactions: DanLong

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
Not sure if it's been asked before but are you planning on adding new bots? I looked through the mods but could not find anything that matched the base game's style.

DanLong

Mar 23, 2018
Not sure if it's been asked before but are you planning on adding new bots? I looked through the mods but could not find anything that matched the base game's style.
There are many mods, or custom made bots. You can even make your own.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
This is an unexpected question. I wasn't planning on it because there are so many bot mods available and my skills in DAZ aren't that great. I haven't learned how to make animations yet so they are all static images and many bot mods include videos.

One thing I did when creating images for SR24 is make all of them have a white border which I believe helps them to stand out from the background image better. Mod images and videos don't have this border and I don't know how to add one on the fly during game play. :(

Reactions: DrLizardman

Tomuch

Jun 19, 2022
How do I raise the Autonomy of a bot? Is there a way to focus on that "skill", or are there some limits to the autonomy of each bot? because some bots get autonomy easliy and with some of them I really struggle.

EDIT; is it the cpu? it feels like it is connected to the cpu

btw. I just started (about 4-5 hours in) and it is a really great game, lots to learn and more stuff to do. will write an review later when I have played it a bit more because the depth is incredible.

ertdfg313

Dec 1, 2019
How do I raise the Autonomy of a bot? Is there a way to focus on that "skill", or are there some limits to the autonomy of each bot? because some bots get autonomy easliy and with some of them I really struggle.

btw. I just started (about 4-5 hours in) and it is a really great game, lots to learn and more stuff to do. will write an review later when I have played it a bit more because the depth is incredible.
As I recall (I may be wrong) Autonomy runs on two things.
1) More XP skill for the bot (any skill, so level up whatever is easier) will increase the autonomy. Only way to "focus" would be to gain skill XP faster.
2) CPU on the bot applies a CAP to autonomy possible (when the skill XP is gained, will retain autonomy if you swap out CPU later)

Just so you know, higher class CPU boosts all skill XP gain for a bot; other parts sometimes can depending on skill.
But yes, as I recall a lower class CPU applies a hard cap on autonomy as well as lowering XP gain.
So swap in your best CPU, and swap it out when you're done to use it later?

Reactions: squirrel24

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021

Thanks for your kind words, greatly appreciated. Most of the game is Radnor's so he deserves most of the credit. If you do make a good review please mention this. If you make a bad review leave him out, I'll take the blame for wrecking his game! ;)

I'd answer your question but 'ertdfg313' already did. ;)

Last edited:

Jstew

Apr 24, 2017
It has been resolved, no fix is required, and there is a way to end Mob Protection. You must be doing the same thing over and over again and getting frustrated; been there done that myself. There are many places in this game to look for information but you're missing them. They aren't hidden but you have to look around. Here's the deal:

Read the 'Journal' and at the appropriate time it tells you EXACTLY what you must do. At the same time a button labeled 'Sabotage Bot Check' appears whenever you are at 'Home'. When you click on it you will learn if you followed the instructions correctly.

For you or anyone wanting help, clues, or anything like this please check the DSCS/SR24 site on Discord or the DSCS page on F95Zone. SR24 versions 0.0.1 through 0.6.1 lived in those locations before it had it's own page here on F95Zone.

Cheers!
Thank you! I'm more glad it wasn't left unresolved than I am to have a path to end it. Cheers!

Reactions: squirrel24

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
I just noticed that male bots do not have implants?
What gives? Implants are fleshy bits as I understand it. Which males do have if not with the same shape and consistency as females do.

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
I am very happy to see this game is alive and well!
That said resources for it are scattered all over the place with loads of dead links.
Does anyone have some of these old mod files, or files that are known to work for this version(preferable download is something like gofile)?
It would be great to have a functioning mods link for this version posted on the title page of this version of the game :)

*I do not use discord so mentioning that is not helpful.

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
An option for sorting bots in storage would be nice. The same as sorting inventory, it would (should) reset their positions to eliminate empty slots.
I figured out how to sort them in capsules, kind of. If you put them in storage(all your bots or at least the ones from your current view page) you can remove them in the order you want them to appear back in your capsules. They fill left to right and top to bottom. So you can for example have all your higher end bots in your first few pages of capsules.
You can also sort them any way you want, like page 1 first 4 bots are shopkeepers, last 2 are clerks...page 2 higher techs x4(make sure at least 2 are not being managed by a bot so they are always available to do repairs),and 2 regular techs. page 3 housekeepers x5 and a bedroom toy...page 6 bot manager, extra bots and two-3 free capsules for work/working(I let my techs fix any salvage bots before I do anything with them and leave one spot open for neighbor hood watch bots that come in)
The bot manager is awesome, just do not let it manage all bots or your life turns to shit. When a tech is needed to be repairing bots(daily) they do not to be out searching in the dump or getting boned lol

Last edited:

5mithers

Aug 3, 2019

Cheers!
I actually came here to ask about the same thing, so I'm glad you have responded to this question. I have enough bots with combat training this shouldn't have lasted a single week. 15 bots vs. 3 guys doesn't seem like it would be an issue.

But I'll be honest, if you're answer is "look at some other resources from previous versions of the game", perhaps it's time to spend a dev cycle actually putting that information into the game?

Edit: Just played through enough weeks of mob protection to finally trigger the quest change. Seems to be that you are stuck with this for a minimum of 6 weeks before being given the option of actually changing anything.

Edit 2: Perhaps a suggestion would be to modify the description of the quest as the cycle continues, rather than the exactly duplication week after week? It makes it seem like it's just running a loop of code, rather than a quest that has some kind of progress.

Last edited:

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I just noticed that male bots do not have implants?
What gives? Implants are fleshy bits as I understand it. Which males do have if not with the same shape and consistency as females do.
Not really disagreeing with you but I considered the skin layer enough for males who don't need hourglass figures. :)

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I actually came here to ask about the same thing, so I'm glad you have responded to this question.

But I'll be honest, if you're answer is "look at some other resources from previous versions of the game", perhaps it's time to spend a dev cycle actually putting that information into the game?
Seriously? I guess you didn't read my entire answer because the clues I described ARE built into the game. :) Every time the mob visits the text says "I put the information in the journal so I can look at it later". The journal provides step by step instructions, and there is a button that tells you if you followed the instructions properly. Come on!

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
Note on one thing that could be improved game play wise.
I have skipped quite a few mornings and just slept throught them(kinda like rl lol)
How it happens can be fixed though.
As you are going through your nightly missions screen you have to click each one. Not a problem until you get 8 or so going...but each am clicking through them all I tend to only even pause if there is a change(+ or - my rep). As I do that the transition from the last bot to "rest" button happens and I click it. How hard would it be to move the button for going to the next bot(as I think the rest button would take much more work)?

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Note on one thing that could be improved game play wise.
I have skipped quite a few mornings and just slept throught them(kinda like rl lol)
How it happens can be fixed though.
As you are going through your nightly missions screen you have to click each one. Not a problem until you get 8 or so going...but each am clicking through them all I tend to only even pause if there is a change(+ or - my rep). As I do that the transition from the last bot to "rest" button happens and I click it. How hard would it be to move the button for going to the next bot(as I think the rest button would take much more work)?
You make a good point and it's not the first time I've heard about people on 'automatic pilot' clicking on a button they didn't mean to. I've done it myself many times!

This next part isn't my full answer but I hope you know there is a 'Back' button to back up when you do this? It's on the top right near Q Save, Q Load, and Menu. I use it whenever I do the 'automatic pilot' thing.

I've considered this issue before and I'm sort of stuck in "paralysis of analysis". I can't decide on which locations within the game have this problem because the one you mentioned is not the only one. Then I can't decide which buttons need to move and where I should put them. After pondering these things for a while and not coming up with good answers I get bored and want to work on some new feature instead. Not my best moment! I'll keep trying but it's a good idea that probably won't happen very soon. Sorry.

Komodia

Jan 14, 2022
One pro tip for newer peeps, I hot-swap CPUs when training/selling. So I get an A/S cup early and pop it into the bot I want to train, train them and when finished put back whichever I feel matches their sell value. The cpu vastly increases the training xp =)

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
You make a good point and it's not the first time I've heard about people on 'automatic pilot' clicking on a button they didn't mean to. I've done it myself many times!

This next part isn't my full answer but I hope you know there is a 'Back' button to back up when you do this? It's on the top right near Q Save, Q Load, and Menu. I use it whenever I do the 'automatic pilot' thing.

I've considered this issue before and I'm sort of stuck in "paralysis of analysis". I can't decide on which locations within the game have this problem because the one you mentioned is not the only one. Then I can't decide which buttons need to move and where I should put them. After pondering these things for a while and not coming up with good answers I get bored and want to work on some new feature instead. Not my best moment! I'll keep trying but it's a good idea that probably won't happen very soon. Sorry.
Never noticed the back button thanks for that lol.
As far as where you can move the continue button. Any middle slot would be good for the continue button I believe,all are empty when morning starts.

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
One pro tip for newer peeps, I hot-swap CPUs when training/selling. So I get an A/S cup early and pop it into the bot I want to train, train them and when finished put back whichever I feel matches their sell value. The cpu vastly increases the training xp =)
And once done training take it out(even if keeping) as maintaining stability will be an issue if you do not. I am currently trying to find the "best" chip for stability for each bot. Most are good stability with a C rated chip, some seem to do better with a D or E though.

5mithers

Aug 3, 2019
Seriously? I guess you didn't read my entire answer because the clues I described ARE built into the game. :) Every time the mob visits the text says "I put the information in the journal so I can look at it later". The journal provides step by step instructions, and there is a button that tells you if you followed the instructions properly. Come on!
And to my other point, 5 weeks of identical text in the journal is not "step by step" instructions. It's the appearance of an infinite loop. If I see a minor variant of this image every week for weeks on end in the game, that would indicate to me as a player that nothing is going to change. If there was something showing a change each week like some kind of flavor text "Man, this is getting frustrating, I need to figure out a way to put a stop to this" or something over time to show that there was progress, that would make sense.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Maybe I'm the odd one here, but having no indication that anything is changing over time is frustrating at best. Completely off-putting at worst.

Looking at the code, it isn't until phase_6_extortion6 that there is any kind of actual indication of real progress in the quest. Before that it's simply variants of "they want this bot, I'd better deliver it."

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please understand I'm trying to offer constructive feedback. I like the game. Under the covers it has some of the most sophisticated code I've seen in a renpy game. But it definitely has some rough edges that could be polished from an end user perspective. People (like me) are dumb, and want to take shortcuts. If you make the intro to every quest description identical, even if the full description has subtle changes, it will feel like nothing is changing. Knowing human behavior, you can create those shortcuts to understanding. By doing a minor restructuring of the opening and closing sentences of each quest step description, you would make it infinitely easier for people to understand that there is progression happening.

Edit: Heck, put the headers for each of your phase classes as the header of the quest! Seeing the numbers change/description change would indicate progress, and be minimal effort/changes to the code base!
Code:
    class phase_2_extortion2:  ##  describe Combat Bot level 1
    class phase_3_extortion3:  ##  describe Sex Bot level 1
    class phase_4_extortion4:  ##  describe Combat Bot level 2
    class phase_5_extortion5:  ##  describe Sex Bot level 2
    class phase_6_extortion6:  ##  describe Techie Bot level 1
    class phase_7_extortion7:  ##  describe Combat Bot level 3
    class phase_8_extortion8:  ##  describe Sex Bot level 3
    class phase_9_extortion9:  ##  describe Combat Bot level 3

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 8 Votes