yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
And since they take a long time, the developer needs to be ready for posts accusing the developer of "milking patrons/subscribers." Those posts seem to rise exponentially as the developer gains supporters.
Well, they can ignore those, they have a track record and those of us who know that will say so. Also no one on their patreon page will accuse them of that obviously as they are voting with their money, plus get to see the consistent status updates they put out. They could do what some other hand drawn creators do to mitigate that perception and stream on Picarto, like Dark Cookie and InCase. They could even add stream VoDs to a Patreon tier if they decided to do something like that.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Well, they can ignore those, they have a track record and those of us who know that will say so. Also no one on their patreon page will accuse them of that obviously as they are voting with their money, plus get to see the consistent status updates they put out. They could do what some other hand drawn creators do to mitigate that perception and stream on Picarto, like Dark Cookie and InCase. They could even add stream VoDs to a Patreon tier if they decided to do something like that.
I was thinking about DarkCookie. I was a $10 supporter for a while, largely for the community at that level. Because he has so many supporters, I don't think there is a level of interaction he can do to stop those who see his raw numbers and must complain. Is it any wonder he no longer shows up on the F95zone thread?

Reactions: yoyomistro

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I was thinking about DarkCookie. I was a $10 supporter for a while, largely for the community at that level. Because he has so many supporters, I don't think there is a level of interaction he can do to stop those who see his raw numbers and must complain. Is it any wonder he no longer shows up on the F95zone thread?
I mean he doesn't need to anymore lol. F95 helped him get big at a critical point in the scene, and then he has so much self-sustaining attention and mainstream media coverage at this point it's not worth his time, lol. Plus the thread is so big at this point it's hard to have a real discussion, I barely participate/read it anymore.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I mean he doesn't need to anymore lol. F95 helped him get big at a critical point in the scene, and then he has so much self-sustaining attention and mainstream media coverage at this point it's not worth his time, lol. Plus the thread is so big at this point it's hard to have a real discussion, I barely participate/read it anymore.
Yeah, I glance at it, but I don't comment very often.

VertXXX

Feb 26, 2018
I think people just need to accept that well done hand-drawn games are gonna take a long time. They tried fast updates early on, they just put out low quality stuff that they touched up later as they added a little bit more. It's less work for them to put them time in to make a high quality update out the gate than to spam monthly releases that they then have to go back and fix, and hopefully most people have the presence of mind to recognize that.
Speaking from many, many years of experience, if they are at a point where the artist is being paid for full-time work on the game, then this is pathetically slow and the artist is milking. A finished character drawing in this style/quality should take no more than two 8-hour work days, max; 3 if it's two paired in a scene. If it's taking the artist over a week just to finish one image then there is a serious problem with their workflow and/or ability to produce consistently.

Now if the artist has commitments to several projects, then that is definitely an issue.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Speaking from many, many years of experience, if they are at a point where the artist is being paid for full-time work on the game, then this is pathetically slow and the artist is milking. A finished character drawing in this style/quality should take no more than two 8-hour work days, max; 3 if it's two paired in a scene. If it's taking the artist over a week just to finish one image then there is a serious problem with their workflow and/or ability to produce consistently.

Now if the artist has commitments to several projects, then that is definitely an issue.
I'm not sure what you're basing this workload estimation on. Compared to other high-quality, animated, hand-drawn projects on here, their release schedule is actually quite fast; I'm not sure what you mean by a week an image. Some of their earlier animations were 5-9 frames per animations. Some later ones are up to 14 frames, but still average I think 7-10. Of course they're not completely redrawing each frame, but each update has let's say 7-10 animations, and assume about 20-40% of each frame is independently drawn. Then there are backgrounds, sprites, etc. to work on, and maybe there's stuff that needs to be done for workflow purposes that don't make it into a release as this is an alpha product. Then you have the writing, scripting, proofing, and other production elements that don't factor into animation/art or even into what you see in the final work product.

Your time scale is based on nothing I can map any metrics to, nor are your references based on what I can see in the files. Sure, I'm not an artist, but I can unpack the game and look at what's in there, look at the scripts, and get some sense of the work that was done to deliver the product. You're seemingly providing a sparsely detailed account based on your artistic experience, and people will glom onto it as they assume the validity of your expertise plus bias-based reinforcement, but I'll need a bit more explication to find something substantive in your characterization of their potential inadequacy or malfeasance.

Reactions: redredred7

janjo23

Dec 24, 2019
Don't be so rude,the guy is working hard, before was and update every 3 or 4 months, now he's trying to do 1 per month, a game is hard to make and more animations with this quality, i'm sure that this week the update comes out, just don't be so demanding
He promised 1 per month a long while ago before shifting to 3-4 months. I stopped my support not because of how long it takes, which was never implied in the post. But because of how inconsistent the work is. I don't think it's demanding of people to expect an update when it was promised lol

Reactions: rarpt2019
Apr 22, 2019
There are devs releasing more consistent stuff with less money, less people and last but not least better quality. For example?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If they cannot manage to fulfill their promises, then better clarify that in advance to their patreons. Are there worse devs out of there? Of course, it's a long list, but personally I'm against the state of mind "Patreon=free money=do tf you want".
If it becomes a full-time job, as stated, then they'll have to work their asses even more on it, or at least inform those paying/supporting them. Then everyone can say what he wants, but on the long way people will eventually lose interest and later stop their support regards any kind of dev acting that way, unless they're masochist or extremely naive(or other adjectives).

Reactions: PePeTheCoCk

Anão3682

Jan 31, 2020
There are devs releasing more consistent stuff with less money, less people and last but not least better quality. For example?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If they cannot manage to fulfill their promises, then better clarify that in advance to their patreons. Are there worse devs out of there? Of course, it's a long list, but personally I'm against the state of mind "Patreon=free money=do tf you want".
If it becomes a full-time job, as stated, then they'll have to work their asses even more on it, or at least inform those paying/supporting them. Then everyone can say what he wants, but on the long way people will eventually lose interest and later stop their support regards any kind of dev acting that way, unless they're masochist or extremely naive(or other adjectives).
Agree. People have problems and you should take care of them(yes, you should have responsibilities with your work, but fuck this system where work and money is all that matters), I don't think devs should be just working robots. But you don't need to be one to keep people informed. Shouting a "IM IN TROUBLE GUYS, THIS WILL TAKE A WHILE MORE" never killed anyone before

Then there's Doc Bones. But he got lucky that people finds that asshole lazybones(haha foon joke) of a character funny. Top quality content, will never see my money.

Why I'm taking part on this discussion tho
This is not the first delay, won't be the last, and isn't even near the worst I've seen

jerf muse

Aug 24, 2018
If I did remember correctly when 13.3 dropped the reason that took so long was because his grandma was sick in the hospital. I just hope they’re running behind and something bad didn’t happened.

Dad of Boy

Jan 20, 2018

Again with this?

Y'all need to understand that you're not entitled to anything here. These devs/artists/etc have their work up here, for free for you to enjoy. You don't have to support them if you don't want to. Be patient and wait for updates like the rest of us. You're not entitled to this stuff for free

Nov 28, 2018
Patreon post image-10.jpg

Hey guys! Is a pleasure to share with you this new release! We have been working a lot and we know you are going to love it!

This new update continue with the Church story and Mrs. Jones plot so, you are going to find new scenes and of course NEW sex animations with Mrs Jones (4), sister Grace (2), Linett (1), Orgy (5).
This update is a bit bigger than planned so, it took us more time than expected, however, We are little by little improving our workflow and detecting better ways to release faster.

ENJOY All of these new sex scenes with higher quality animations that we know you love!

You will find this new content on this update:

Cumshot
Creampie
Blowjob
Sex
Handjob
Nun
Orgy
Boobjob
Deepthroat
Anal

This is what you will find in the new 0.13.5 update: