VirgilSteam

Jul 11, 2017
Just letting you know this: View attachment 450371

Does the developer informs patrons and players they collect analytical data and what sort of data?
Google Analytics collects high-level information such as a user's country of residence or access, device used to access content, web browser, etc. If they have conversion tracking set up, they may also be able to see the number of downloads. What the dev. would be able see and dig into is pretty limited beyond that unless they have added specific code segments for more detail tracking via custom programming.

That said, they should inform Patrons that they are using Analytics as that's a part of Google's guidelines and terms of use. They should also have a privacy statement outlining what data they collect and for what purpose.

Last edited:
Reactions: yoyomistro

Jamliz

SexNote Developer
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2019
Just letting you know this: View attachment 450371

Does the developer informs patrons and players they collect analytical data and what sort of data?
Google Analytics collects high-level information such as a user's country of residence or access, device used to access content, web browser, etc. If they have conversion tracking set up, they may also be able to see the number of downloads. What the dev. would be able see and dig into is pretty limited beyond that unless they have added specific code segments for more detail tracking via custom programming.

That said, they should inform Patrons that they are using Analytics as that's a part of Google's guidelines and terms of use. They should also have a privacy statement outlining what data they collect and for what purpose.
Exactly, that's why i believe the moderators should update the OP and mark the game uses tracking/analytics.
Indeed, in order to obtain feedback from the game and better understanding the dynamics of the gameplays and user experience, we proceeded to implement the analytics of Google, HOWEVER, it did not pass the private tests, specifically because there were problems and it was not possible to connect Renpy's visual novel with Google Analytics. This is why the game never asks or informs you about this, and it is because literally is not doing any tracking or sending information to anyone.

At the time of coding, when the use of analytics was ruled out, an error was made deleting only the editable file that is the .rpy and forgetting to delete the .rpyc (which makes it looks that information is being collected, but not really). It is known that according to regulations of several countries the privacy of information is something very delicate, which can cause multiple legal inconveniences. This is why it is almost mandatory to inform or ask when information is collected, in this case as I mentioned, this is not being done (and that is why the menu code that asked if you agreed with sending data to improve the game was deleted).

I really do not know how to prove this, Since the analytics.rpyc file is in the game (By mistake) in the eagerness to launch the quick update we did not notice. However, here I show some screenshots that could give more peace of mind on the matter. (In any case, if you are still not satisfied, you can go to the game folder and delete the analytics.rpyc file and that's it, if the script is working or be active, it would not allow to connect to Google Analytics) On our part, I can guarantee that the analytics.rpyc scripts will not be forgotten again and won't be in future updates and if the Google Analytics tracking system is activated, the corresponding information would be given and it would be asked if you wanted to activate it or not.

Screenshot 1:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is the editable file of analitycs.rpyc and here it shows the tracking id which is: 144592982-2 (Whoever wants can unzip it and verify it)

Screenshot 2:
Here is a screenshot of the platform, which shows the tracking id and the name of the property in Google Analytics.

Screenshot 3:
In this image you can see the information collected so far from google Analytics, which is 0, you can verify the name of the property and the dates.

Screenshot 4:
If you still don't feel safe, here is a screenshot of a conversation I had with Renpytom (Renpy's creator) on the Renpy's discord and #Renpy channel (Public place where developers share doubts and support each other) In this image I asked Renpytom, why tracking with google analytics wasn't working and after several checks, he replies "It hasn't been working for some other people. It's a couple years old, so I might update it at some point. Though I don't know what's wrong, currently. " Reason why it was decided not to implement for now the tracking of Google analytics in SexNote. (If you wish you can enter the Renpy Discord and search for the complete conversation and verify by yourself)

This is the only thing I have to show that we are not tracking or receiving information from google analytics, again, if anyone still does not feel safe, you can delete the file "analytics.rpyc" in the game folder and that's it. In the next update, we will ensure that this script is not passed to us. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Here is all the official information about how Google Analytics works in Renpy, the information collected by Renpy are just events in-game, like Achieve some specific progress, activate an event or repeat a scene or animation, and this is to have more information about preferences, difficulties with some flow or progress in each story:

Last edited:

LilyIsMyBitch

Jun 13, 2018
Well its an intro to new characters (i think about 12 female to fuck in future......I HOPE MORE WILL COME:p) and some of them come with scenes. :unsure: I would give it a go since it adds up to the story more, as well and the mini game for the magic book got bather than that "pick the correct sentence:illuminati:" one (ufff my dyslexia:cautious:). :sneaky: One down side is you need to restart since lots of stuff added/changed. :WutFace: :( But hay its progress and the dev did not abandon the game (and hopefully won't until finished :FacePalm::whistle:).
thanks for giving me the details about the changes man I appreciate it

Reactions: krys69

nissan

Sep 14, 2017
At the time of coding, when the use of analytics was ruled out, an error was made deleting only the editable file that is the .rpy and forgetting to delete the .rpyc (which makes it looks that information is being collected, but not really).
Well, given rpyc are bytecode modules of RenPy, they still tend to be executed by the runtime. In plain court, that would prove you were shipping a product with an analytical module on board and did not provide users with any form of clue on that neither collected their consent. A mistake or a shortcoming never puts you out of liability.

On our part, I can guarantee that the analytics.rpyc scripts will not be forgotten again and won't be in future updates and if the Google Analytics tracking system is activated, the corresponding information would be given and it would be asked if you wanted to activate it or not.
Do you still plan to implement any analytical code in future and integrate it with your product?

PS. Me personally, i won't touch the product again but i want the community to be aware of the conversation in a historical context.

Jamliz

SexNote Developer
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2019
Anyway to increase my magic level fastly??
i trained more than ten times but nothing happened
Just watch the bar of magic power on the SexNote, and follow the hints (You need to progress with some characters (Sue, Jane and Kylee) before to progress with your magic skills. (This will be fixed on next update making it easier)

change_rey

Nov 6, 2019
Just watch the bar of magic power on the SexNote, and follow the hints (You need to progress with some characters (Sue, Jane and Kylee) before to progress with your magic skills. (This will be fixed on next update making it easier)
How do u solve the mantras? Is there a guide to this game that I can look at?

Jamliz

SexNote Developer
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2019
How do u solve the mantras? Is there a guide to this game that I can look at?
Well if you mean the puzzle, is just put all the pieces in the right place, there is not a guide about it, but there are some gameplays that you can follow:

Reactions: yoyomistro

change_rey

Nov 6, 2019
Well if you mean the puzzle, is just put all the pieces in the right place, there is not a guide about it, but there are some gameplays that you can follow:
i would just move the pieces , i only clicked it... you should put like a tutorial in Day 1 or when training say how would the puzzle be solved ... thanks for the reply though

Dino1000

Jun 3, 2017
My favourite games are :
Nastyverse
Anna exciting affection
Fuckerman
Lilly of valley
Perky little things
Legend of queen opala
Sex note
Loft
Project wife