2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Milkman Dan

Jan 19, 2018
I appreciate the genuine effort at editing and proof-reading the game's text. Nothing makes me lose interest faster than terrible grammar and spelling.

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
I enjoyed HCS but this....not so much. Hope one day you'll reopen the other projects.

Valronn

Apr 13, 2018
This game looks like it could be a great one if it is continued with updates, great looking characters and I actually like rpgm so that's cool for me, unfortunately i seem to be getting black screen when there should be animations, I'm playing on android so any suggestions that can help fix this?

metalspace

Jun 30, 2018
Abandoned? Another one? From what I understand as per their Jan post, after the problems with patreon, they were going to continue this without mentioning anything about it on the patreon page. Did they say anything new about this? I can't seem to find anything on their patreon page.

Also I actually haven't tried this game since I wanted to know for sure it would continue, but damn another abandoned project from Bright Sun makes it hard to imagine they would complete any game. Got no faith left I guess, which is sad since I really liked blooming love, card game, divinity and hscs and 3 of those were already abandoned.

Prustan

Sep 30, 2017
Abandoned? Another one? From what I understand as per their Jan post, after the problems with patreon, they were going to continue this without mentioning anything about it on the patreon page. Did they say anything new about this? I can't seem to find anything on their patreon page.

Also I actually haven't tried this game since I wanted to know for sure it would continue, but damn another abandoned project from Bright Sun makes it hard to imagine they would complete any game. Got no faith left I guess, which is sad since I really liked blooming love, card game, divinity and hscs and 3 of those were already abandoned.
The post announcing their latest project says that Sexual Duty was found to be against Patreon guidelines somehow, but that if the had the chance they'd see if they could continue it. More might come, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Reactions: metalspace

metalspace

Jun 30, 2018
Welcome to the worst tactic in development history.

If a game doesn't get enough support after a couple of updates he abandons it and moves on to another one.

Seems to be working well for him.

Honest.
Yup definitely bringing in those riches.

Seriously though if they would just complete one game for a change it would be so much better on the financial support front, since their games are good normally. Guess just another game off the watched list.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Yup definitely bringing in those riches.

Seriously though if they would just complete one game for a change it would be so much better on the financial support front, since their games are good normally. Guess just another game off the watched list.
Thing is, he was building up quite nicely.

Blooming Love started the ball rolling. It didn't make millions but it brought quite a few of us in, all he had to do was finish High School Crush Simulator and he'd show he finished what he started and the people would have come.

But then he abandoned HSCS and started something else ... then abandoned that and started something else ... then abandoned that.

Now he's down to a few patrons with absolutely no chance of ever building up again because all faith is gone.

He fucked himself trying to chase the money. Instead of building up naturally he tried to make a cash cow and failed so hard.

I can't even feel sorry for him, he backed himself into this corner and we told him about this months ago. Start abandoning games and you won't make it but he wouldn't listen and now he's screwed.

Like you said, if he'd just finished what he'd started he wouldn't be in this mess.

Dank Quixote

Jan 1, 2019
typing in bright into the search bar was saddening/sickening. So many projects.
Looks like he expected his first release to bring him a bunch of patrons when in reality you need to keep working on it until there is enough content/gameplay for people to get invested and have something to enjoy. Too many devs expect instant success.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Looks like he expected his first release to bring him a bunch of patrons when in reality you need to keep working on it until there is enough content/gameplay for people to get invested and have something to enjoy. Too many devs expect instant success.
I was one of his patrons and his reasoning behind it was he'd done a bit of research into some of the top earners and faster build ups of Patreons adult developers and according to what he said the most patrons back a game either on a 0.1 or a 0.2.

Going by that reasoning if a game didn't have the numbers he wanted by the time he released the 0.2 he started something else.

He was basically throwing things at the wall to see what stuck.

It was a shit plan, it was never going to work, plenty of us told him it was never going to work but he knew better.

It didn't even turn into one of those "I told you so" moments, it was just sad to watch. There aren't many decent lesbian romance games and while it was a niche market he was steadily growing, sadly he wanted those big bucks very few devs actually get and went the wrong way about it.

If he'd carried on and slowly built up like he was he would probably be earning quite a bit by now but he wanted the fast cash and ended up with nothing.

Dank Quixote

Jan 1, 2019
I was one of his patrons and his reasoning behind it was he'd done a bit of research into some of the top earners and faster build ups of Patreons adult developers and according to what he said the most patrons back a game either on a 0.1 or a 0.2.

Going by that reasoning if a game didn't have the numbers he wanted by the time he released the 0.2 he started something else.

It was a shit plan, it was never going to work, plenty of us told him it was never going to work but he knew better.

It didn't even turn into one of those "I told you so" moments, it was just sad to watch. There aren't many decent lesbian romance games and while it was a niche market he was steadily growing, sadly he wanted those big bucks very few devs actually get and went the wrong way about it.

If he'd carried on and slowly built up like he was he would probably be earning quite a bit by now but he wanted the fast cash and ended up with nothing.
Sure. You have games that are successful from the beginning. However. Those games are excellent and the first release is usually big enough to give the players a sense of what to expect in the future. "Being a DIK" is a good example.

When people back a dev. They do so because they like the game and expect a finished product one day.
If you cancel project after project, like this genius decided to do. Then that is what they learn to expect. Never getting anything worth supporting. The fact that he expected people to still support him, just goes to show how arrogant he is.

Because memes

Last edited:

Loqic

Royal Jelly
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Imagine someone's résumé looked like that.

2018-2018 quit because of lower then expected wages
2018-2018 quit because of denied raise after 1 month
2018-2019 quit because people didn't like my work
2019-2019 quit because I found a better paying job in construction
2019-2019 building houses wasn't for me, quit after building quarter of a house and got full payment anyway

"So why should we hire you at our company, sir?"
- "Well, because I'm not a quitter and only expect a six figure income"
"Riiight, we'll be in touch" *cough*

Dank Quixote

Jan 1, 2019

2019-2019 building houses wasn't for me, quit after building quarter of a house and got full payment anyway

"I really wanted to start a family with my gf but nothing happened after trying for a month so I decided to look for a new girl"

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018

Didn't BSS also promote some other game, Sexual Therapist I think it was, but claiming that it was his sister's game or something? I guess it's possible that it could've been, but considering how he tried, started and dropped multiple games in a short period of time, it seems unlikely. Maybe he thought "well, people don't seem to want to invest in me, lets see if they wanna invest in my "sister"", haha xD Or was it a different title? Actually now that I think about it, I think it was a different game title, because Sexual Therapist was developed and promoted under a different name entirely, but people called it and knew it was BSS. BSS also went as far as creating false accounts to give the game a few early praises, but none of that paid off, people called it.
And Sexual Therapist was the last game he tried to cash in with, there's been nothing since.

At least that's how I remember the drama going down, haha.

And it's a bloody shame too, he did have a couple of titles that were very promising and rather good, while the art wasn't the best (not bad either), but the writing was really good, easy and enjoyable to follow, so the talent and potential was there.

Reactions: goditseb

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Didn't BSS also promote some other game, Sexual Therapist I think it was, but claiming that it was his sister's game or something? I guess it's possible that it could've been, but considering how he tried, started and dropped multiple games in a short period of time, it seems unlikely. Maybe he thought "well, people don't seem to want to invest in me, lets see if they wanna invest in my "sister"", haha xD Or was it a different title? Actually now that I think about it, I think it was a different game title, because Sexual Therapist was developed and promoted under a different name entirely, but people called it and knew it was BSS. BSS also went as far as creating false accounts to give the game a few early praises, but none of that paid off, people called it.
And Sexual Therapist was the last game he tried to cash in with, there's been nothing since.

At least that's how I remember the drama going down, haha.
It could have been his sister but according to what I read that account, BSS and a couple of others with 0.2 abandoned games were all on the same IP address.

The problem BSS has is all his character models look very similar.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
It could have been his sister but according to what I read that account, BSS and a couple of others with 0.2 abandoned games were all on the same IP address.

The problem BSS has is all his character models look very similar.
Yeah, the art and models weren't the best, but they weren't bad either, I have seen far worse, but the writing was of the higher quality than a lot of other games, that was the strong suit, it was rather enjoyable and easy to follow, so the skill and potential was there. It's just a shame he didn't listen to y'all who tried to talk him out of his "plans" that clearly failed.
Had he done things the right way and finished the projects he started, one by one, I'm sure he'd have a reasonable amount of supporters right about now.

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote