Ren'Py Completed Sexy Minesweep [v1.2] [Ambir]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
There are 2 problems with the gallery on my end:
1. The strip CGs don't appear.
2. It all resets when quiting the game and opening it again.

Just me or a bug?
Not just you. I'm working on a fix.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Small but impactful bug: when the girl just changed to the next image, if you remove a valid flag she will revert to the previous image. If you then place a valid flag she will only progress to the next image if the flag is on a mine. You can remove a flag you placed and place flags in unrevealed areas until the image progress, then you know you have hit a mine.

Suggested fix:
- quick fix: when a valid flag is removed keep track of the maximum progress achieved and use that to select the image. In other words, don't revert the image when removing a valid flag.
- better fix: don't count flags towards the progress, only revealed tiles.

You can even brute-force the puzzle without playing minesweeper at all! Here I revealed one tile then placed flags on all squares until the image changed. Then I removed the flags, putting it back if the image reverted. I ended up accurately placing all the flags.
View attachment 1592355 View attachment 1592356
Fixed.

There are 2 problems with the gallery on my end:
1. The strip CGs don't appear.
2. It all resets when quiting the game and opening it again.

Just me or a bug?
Fixed both bugs.

Bugfixed version link:

This version also includes a proper bugfix for that initial bug in the release version, rather than the workaround.

Let me know if there's anything else that doesn't seem to work properly.

• Red Heart
Reactions: AlexNipal

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
I think my game is crashing whenever I hit a mine
Could you give me a screenshot of the error message you're getting if the bug is still present in the last version of the game? (in post above or in OP if it was updated to 1.0.2 when you read this post)
Sorry I didn't get to you sooner, I assumed it was that other bug I already fixed, but reading your post properly, I would like to make sure.

fleck

Aug 27, 2018
You need two clicks to get rid of a flag again, but it counts one mine for each click, so you have "surplus" mines when doing that. I guess that's what keeps me from getting a solved here. 1642029526838.png

Reactions: Morrister

Morrister

Mar 7, 2019
amazing, today i was thinking about how i missed playing minesweeper and bam, you release this game!

Really cool that you fixed those bugs so quickly (when I downloaded it was already the updated version)
The only problem I found is that when you mark a cell with a flag, remove the flag and add the flag again, the counter of mines goes up by one each time you do that. And it seems that you can't win the game if that counter doesn't reach 0.

Once or twice I technically won the game but I couldn't advance because of this.

To show you, I'm posting here a screenshot of a game in easy mode, supposedly in the end of it but with a ridiculous ammount of mines to go, making it impossible to proceed.

(actually this bug makes it so that you have to have a flawless victory, not a single mistake, and I liked that challenge)

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
You need two clicks to get rid of a flag again, but it counts one mine for each click, so you have "surplus" mines when doing that. I guess that's what keeps me from getting a solved here. View attachment 1593560
Oh, I'm really sorry, I know exactly what caused this. I think I introduced that one today when fixing another one :(
I'll get to it right away. (so... probably fixed in about an hour if you include the upload time.)

Reactions: Morrister

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
You need two clicks to get rid of a flag again, but it counts one mine for each click, so you have "surplus" mines when doing that. I guess that's what keeps me from getting a solved here. View attachment 1593560
amazing, today i was thinking about how i missed playing minesweeper and bam, you release this game!

Really cool that you fixed those bugs so quickly (when I downloaded it was already the updated version)
The only problem I found is that when you mark a cell with a flag, remove the flag and add the flag again, the counter of mines goes up by one each time you do that. And it seems that you can't win the game if that counter doesn't reach 0.

Once or twice I technically won the game but I couldn't advance because of this.

To show you, I'm posting here a screenshot of a game in easy mode, supposedly in the end of it but with a ridiculous ammount of mines to go, making it impossible to proceed.

Well, this went much faster than I thought.
Here's fixed version:

(actually this bug makes it so that you have to have a flawless victory, not a single mistake, and I liked that challenge)
Would you like me to put a challenge mode like that in the game? I don't think it would be super hard to implement.

Morrister

Mar 7, 2019
Here's fixed version: Mega

Would you like me to put a challenge mode like that in the game? I don't think it would be super hard to implement.
Woah so cool you fixed it so quickly!

Yeah having that challenge mode could be interesting yeah :D
It demands my full focus and I like that.

The only thing that bothers me is those moments when the game comes down to luck rather than logic, but that's how minesweeper in general works x)

A while ago I was about to finish it in hard mode (in "challenge mode") and there were these two squares in the corner and only one mine to go, and logic said that it could be either of them.
It was really 50-50... and I lost xD hahaha

Morrister

Mar 7, 2019
Oh also, I remember that in minesweeper by windows, you didn't need to mark all the mines to win, you just had to reveal all the safe cells. In this version of yours you have to signal both all the mines and all the safe cells, but it's fine anyway, maybe having it differently from how it is would imply changing a lot of the logic/programming, and it's just a small feature anyway.

you're doing a great work, thank you for making this game. It's so funny how you posted it right in the same day I happened to be thinking about playing minesweeper again after soooo long.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Woah so cool you fixed it so quickly!

Yeah having that challenge mode could be interesting yeah :D
It demands my full focus and I like that.

The only thing that bothers me is those moments when the game comes down to luck rather than logic, but that's how minesweeper in general works x)

A while ago I was about to finish it in hard mode (in "challenge mode") and there were these two squares in the corner and only one mine to go, and logic said that it could be either of them.
It was really 50-50... and I lost xD hahaha
Yeah, sometimes it's all about luck. Kinda dislike that, but it is what it is.

Oh also, I remember that in minesweeper by windows, you didn't need to mark all the mines to win, you just had to reveal all the safe cells. In this version of yours you have to signal both all the mines and all the safe cells, but it's fine anyway, maybe having it differently from how it is would imply changing a lot of the logic/programming, and it's just a small feature anyway.

you're doing a great work, thank you for making this game. It's so funny how you posted it right in the same day I happened to be thinking about playing minesweeper again after soooo long.
Humm, that's definitely doable. I'll add it to the todo list.
If I do add challenge mode and this feature, it'll probably come on the 24th when I add in the next girl.

Eoi461

Dec 2, 2019
I may have found a new bug, in the new version when you click to remove a flag sometimes it adds one mine left without taking the flag off, so when you click again it adds one more mine then it is supposed to and I was able to repeat this to get it to like 300 mines left in one game.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
I may have found a new bug, in the new version when you click to remove a flag sometimes it adds one mine left without taking the flag off, so when you click again it adds one more mine then it is supposed to and I was able to repeat this to get it to like 300 mines left in one game.
Are we talking about v1.0.2? If so:

Oh, I'm really sorry, I know exactly what caused this. I think I introduced that one today when fixing another one :(
I'll get to it right away. (so... probably fixed in about an hour if you include the upload time.)
Here's fixed version: Mega
Otherwise, humm, I'll get to it tomorrow :giggle:

Eoi461

Dec 2, 2019
It doesn't affect gameplay however, it is just a visual bug and yes it is v1.0.2

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
It doesn't affect gameplay however, it is just a visual bug and yes it is v1.0.2
Okay, well, if you look at one of my posts, I posted a link to v1.0.3 which fixes the bug. I've been told that you can't win if the bug happens so I think it does affect gameplay sadly...

Hopefully, by tomorrow thread will be updated. Here's fixed version in case you want it and don't want to scroll up: Mega

Edit: Also, thank you very much for your report :)
If you find anything else, let me know and I'll fix it as fast as possible.

Reactions: Eoi461

nameless0000

May 18, 2020
could you add the minesweeper mechanic where you can double click or right and left click a number to clear the unmarked tiles around it

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
could you add the minesweeper mechanic where you can double click or right and left click a number to clear the unmarked tiles around it
So, this would reveal all of the tiles that are not flagged around the tile you click? Am I understanding it correctly?

I think I can make it so that if you have flagged a number of tiles that's superior or equal to the number on it, then you can click it, which allows you to reveal the tiles.

nameless0000

May 18, 2020
So, this would reveal all of the tiles that are not flagged around the tile you click? Am I understanding it correctly?

I think I can make it so that if you have flagged a number of tiles that's superior or equal to the number on it, then you can click it, which allows you to reveal the tiles.
Yes, if i mark two tiles next to a 2 then either double click or left and right click the 2 it would reveal all other tiles it touches. thats at least how it works on windows minesweeper

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Yes, if i mark two tiles next to a 2 then either double click or left and right click the 2 it would reveal all other tiles it touches. thats at least how it works on windows minesweeper
I'm going to look into adding this feature. Can't promise it will be in the next build, but it will be in the one after that 100%.

Reactions: nameless0000
3.00 star(s) 1 Vote