Ren'Py Completed Sexy Minesweep [v1.2] [Ambir]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

buff

May 29, 2017
I'm enjoying this game!

The one thing it desperately needs is a '?' option, instead of just bomb/no-bomb. A lot of minesweeper implementations have this, and it really helps when you're trying to solve a large/difficult segment.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
I'm enjoying this game!

The one thing it desperately needs is a '?' option, instead of just bomb/no-bomb. A lot of minesweeper implementations have this, and it really helps when you're trying to solve a large/difficult segment.
Glad you enjoy it. I noted down the '?', I will add it whenever possible.

buff

May 29, 2017
Glad you enjoy it. I noted down the '?', I will add it whenever possible.
Cool! Middle click might be a good place to put it if you don't want to add another state to the normal click cycle. I know you have that tied to the 'boss is coming' button, but given that it just blanks the window (leaving a big titlebar with "Sexy Minesweeper" written on it) that feature isn't very useful anyway.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Hi everyone. Humm, so this might be a bit of a controversial decision. I've decided to put the completed tag on this game.
I have a lot of reasons that drove me to do this, however I can sum it up with one point: This is what I want to do.
I quite like what I've achieved with Sexy Minesweep. I am satisfied with the state of the game as it is. The project is not as interesting as it once was, and it's become a chore to work on it, as I don't feel like the features I want to add to it really make the game more interesting. There are a lot of things I want to do with it, however it requires a lot of effort, and honestly, I am getting near zero support, so my dwindling interest in the project is not enough to keep me engaged. (Please do not interpret this as me saying I'm ungrateful for the support I'm getting. I am honestly baffled that people liked this game as much as they did, and I am really glad for all the support and kind words I've been getting. 20$ a month is just a bit slim, and it's not enough to compensate for the efforts I need to put to move the game forward, is all.)

I tried to force myself to keep this game updated regardless. I believe that after a whole month without an update or a word for me, we can all agree that this is not a solution that can work for me.

This is not a death knell for the game. There are still things I plan on doing, so there might be updates in the future. However, for the time being, Sexy Minesweep is complete, and I have no formal plan on how I will be updating it in the future. I have other projects I want to focus on, like the long overdue rework of The Dark Knight, so in all likelihood, this project will stay as it is for a while without seeing any update.

So, this is what it is. I want to say sorry to everyone who I told I would be adding features to. I've written down all I want to do on for the game in a document somewhere, and when I feel like working on this game, I will be adding those to this game. I just don't know when that will be, or if time will allow me to do it anytime soon.

So, thanks for everyone who has supported me for this project, and thanks for everyone who said kind things to me and who enjoyed this project, no matter how simple it is in it's essence.
I am grateful for everything, and I will endavor to keep making games that you can enjoy.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Minesweeper? Well that's different. At least it's an actual game as opposed to the hundred and eighty one million cyoa visual novel limited day route junk "games" on this site.
I thought this site was here to pirate anything including, but not limited to, games, comics AND visual novels. And, personally, I feel as if anything that lets you control the outcome can be considered a game, therefore making choice-based VNs games.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote