Keep the existing jobs or have the PC become a fulltime detective in week 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RetroGuy

Nov 26, 2022
Those wrong dresses in pictures puzzle me. The code is fine and works fine and I don't get reports on that from anyone else and have never seen it in my test playthroughs. I'm unsure why you get it and how come I can't recreate it to fix it.
Maybe my version just lacks some files.
Take for example the scene where our girl enters the grocery for the first time.

I found the relevant files. On my disk I have:

grocery.png

There is simply no picture with the girl in her blue sweater available.
And I just downloaded the game here and didn't delete anything.

HotPotLovers

Apr 23, 2018
Step 2, just go to the Sheriff's office for the first time to check in with him. You don't have to take the Sheriff's job and, in fact, taking the job as the deputy would push this back pretty much into week 2.
Step 3, either don't take the job as a deputy or

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
good to know, but thing is I believe that I have met all requirements but somehow only able to find Eric Crocker and Ellie Maxwell.
and like gregers mentioned:
I never met the deputies at the pub either, in this or the previous version. Just had a look at the file and this part of the condition in line 28701 seems a bit hinky:
Code:
if ... and not $player.job eq "undercover"
This seems to work:
Code:
if ... and $player.job neq "undercover"
so could it be bug? or are there other requirements we missed?

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
good to know, but thing is I believe that I have met all requirements but somehow only able to find Eric Crocker and Ellie Maxwell.
and like gregers mentioned:

so could it be bug? or are there other requirements we missed?

There are only 3 requirements:

1) Have met Melanie. This happens automatically and honestly, I probably shouldn't even have a check for it. I think I put it in just in case something weird happens.
2) Have met Deputy Lucas Parker. Happens the first time you go to the Sheriff's station.
3) Don't be working undercover. You can be a deputy but just not undercover. That means if you work for the Sheriff you either need to do this before your first day of work or during week 2 when the undercover jobs ends.

I'll try a test run again but if memory serves it has worked fine for me in testing. Do you have a save perhaps when you've tried it? I can check to see if something odd is going on with your variables.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Maybe my version just lacks some files.
Take for example the scene where our girl enters the grocery for the first time.

I found the relevant files. On my disk I have:

View attachment 2550676

There is simply no picture with the girl in her blue sweater available.
And I just downloaded the game here and didn't delete anything.
groceryFirst2 is the picture with the "Default" outfit. In this case that'd be the sweater outfit. In an odd choice on my part I actually made the free dress Jill gives you if you go to the grocery store the default picture if it can't find your outfit for some reason so in this case the picture it is showing you is "groceryFirst2Free" when it should show you "groceryFirst2" which is the sweater outfit picture.

For future reference the naming scheme is:

<scene name + picture number> - default outfit. If it's before the makeover it's the sweater. If it's after it's the dress with the short jacket.

<scene name + picture number> + mesh - the outfit Jill gives you when you go on a date with her.

<scene name + picture number> + free - the outfit Jill gives you when you go to her store.

The reason you're getting the free dress instead of the sweater is because I accidentally set it to check for the makeup pictures and not the pre-makeover pictures. That's fixed now.

The other dress pictures are probably something similar. It'd be helpful if you tell me where in the game you're encountering it. There's enough content that finding them is a huge pain since the game is something like 150+ files now.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018

1) Have met Melanie. This happens automatically and honestly, I probably shouldn't even have a check for it. I think I put it in just in case something weird happens.
2) Have met Deputy Lucas Parker. Happens the first time you go to the Sheriff's station.
3) Don't be working undercover. You can be a deputy but just not undercover. That means if you work for the Sheriff you either need to do this before your first day of work or during week 2 when the undercover jobs ends.

I'll try a test run again but if memory serves it has worked fine for me in testing. Do you have a save perhaps when you've tried it? I can check to see if something odd is going on with your variables.
Item (3) is the problem. not eq is not recognized as a condition (although maybe some browsers can decipher it, if you've not had issues?), changing it to neq as I mentioned above should remedy the issue.

(Generally, I think eq has been/is being deprecated in favour of is, but this is outside my bailiwick.)

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Item (3) is the problem. not eq is not recognized as a condition (although maybe some browsers can decipher it, if you've not had issues?), changing it to neq as I mentioned above should remedy the issue.

(Generally, I think eq has been/is being deprecated in favour of is, but this is outside my bailiwick.)
It must be a browser specific issue. All the "not" does is reverse what follows. I use it to avoid getting errors if a condition is triggered before a variable is initialized for some reason.

HotPotLovers

Apr 23, 2018

sure, here. Hope it can help.

Reactions: WendyTheRed

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Hmmm...I don't think my report that the game was updated has been processed yet. I don't know if I should report it again or give them more time as they may be swamped.

JKrieger

Oct 2, 2022
It must be a browser specific issue. All the "not" does is reverse what follows. I use it to avoid getting errors if a condition is triggered before a variable is initialized for some reason.
I'm having the same issue. The deputy is not showing up in the bar, only Eric and Ellie. I'm did all the steps outlined above, and I'm on the waitress career path.

HotPotLovers

Apr 23, 2018
Hmmm...I don't think my report that the game was updated has been processed yet. I don't know if I should report it again or give them more time as they may be swamped.
That's weird.
but I notice this: report: game updates - The reported post contains a link to a new version of the game
How about you post a fixed version link or whatnot down below and we flag it game update, and see if it gets through or not? If this failed too then you would have to ask mods about it.

edit: no need for all that, it went through as I could see it at front page in latest rn.

Last edited:

RetroGuy

Nov 26, 2022
It'd be helpful if you tell me where in the game you're encountering it. There's enough content that finding them is a huge pain since the game is something like 150+ files now.
Sure, I'll check it when I have some free time. It's a great game and I'm glad to help.
Just please remember, these clothes aren't the most important thing as others said already. If it has to stop you from adding new content just leave it as it is.

Khriss26

Apr 20, 2020
What can i do to make the images of the game appear when i open the game in the browser ?

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
The writing is kinda boring. Just less words in general would help since the topics aren't that interesting.

• Angry
Reactions: Virulenz

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
What can i do to make the images of the game appear when i open the game in the browser ?
I've heard of people having this issue in mobile browsers. It has something to do with some kind of security setting mobile devices have that won't let HTML access files. If you're not on mobile, I don't know. I've never had this issue on PC.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
The writing is kinda boring. Just less words in general would help since the topics aren't that interesting.
Just read only every other sentence and you will halve your reading time while, from what I gather from your post, not impacting your reading comprehension at all.

• Haha
Reactions: cr0sswise

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
is this more or less the allure of wnton cove stile?
If I remember right the Allure of Wanton Cove is deeply inspired by the Cthulhu mythos, particularly the deep ones and the town of Innsmouth. My game is more "small town supernatural murder mystery" in the vein of something like Twin Peaks.

I love the Cthulhu mythos but doubt I'd be able to successfully mix it with erotica if I'm honest.

Reactions: naurd and Joe Steel
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes