• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Keep the existing jobs or have the PC become a fulltime detective in week 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
Banner2MakeupVersion.jpg

Overview:
Shadows Over Solomon Falls is an erotic game inspired by TV shows like Twin Peaks, Haven, Fringe and other horror mystery or sci-fi shows. It is set in the small town of Solomon Falls. You play a woman (there is also an alternate transgender start) whom you can name and arrive in town to solve the mysterious disappearance of a girl named Lisa Patterson.

You quickly discover all is not as it seems and solving her disappearance may be your only chance to stop the slow corruption of the town and yourself before it is too late!​

Thread Updated: 2024-03-07
Release Date: 2024-02-09
Developer: Wendythered - - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.4
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -

Bugfix HTML for 0.4: Here

dochypno2.png 0.23 B&B arrival.jpg 02 content preview 2.jpg 0.23 Eric meeting preview.jpg 0.23 sean change.jpg 0.23 Anya date.jpg 0.23 Mayor day 4.jpg SoSf 0.2 preview 7.jpg SoSf 0.2 preview 11.jpg SoSF 0.2.1 preview 3.jpg SoSF 0.2.1 preview 4.jpg SoSf 0.2.1 preview 6.jpg SoSf 0.2.1 preview 8.jpg

Last edited:

freca

Jun 15, 2017
Huh, didn't expect my game to get posted here so quickly. Guess I should have done it myself but didn't think it had enough content to draw attention.

Edit: You left trans protagonist off of the tags. That is one of the two story paths available.
Don't mind me. As a futa/trans protagonist fan, I like many others have trust issues with developers releasing futa/trans protag games. They often get abandoned or rebooted 300 different times over. Ultimately never releasing a finalized product. So while I may be testing out your game via this thread (forgive me), if I'm impressed and you show a commitment to releasing content updates; you may likely find support from me on Patreon.

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Don't mind me. As a futa/trans protagonist fan, I like many others have trust issues with developers releasing futa/trans protag games. They often get abandoned or rebooted 300 different times over. Ultimately never releasing a finalized product. So while I may be testing out your game via this thread (forgive me), if I'm impressed and you show a commitment to releasing content updates; you may likely find support from me on Patreon.
I'm not planning to reboot this one or abandon it. I'm also not planning to do the "I'm working on 4 games at once!" thing. Ok, well, actually...the game was rebooted twice but that was before it was ever released to a single soul. I first started it in RPGMaker and hated it. Then tried it AGAIN in RPGmaker. Then finally tried Twine and suddenly it took off.

I'm currently starting work on day 2 after doing a lot of work to clean up stuff on day 1. If you have questions about planned content or whatever, feel free to ask.

-JnX-

Formerly 'JinxyKat'
Nov 23, 2018
I'm not planning to reboot this one or abandon it. I'm also not planning to do the "I'm working on 4 games at once!" thing. Ok, well, actually...the game was rebooted twice but that was before it was ever released to a single soul. I first started it in RPGMaker and hated it. Then tried it AGAIN in RPGmaker. Then finally tried Twine and suddenly it took off.

I'm currently starting work on day 2 after doing a lot of work to clean up stuff on day 1. If you have questions about planned content or whatever, feel free to ask.
Looks interesting! Good luck, dev!

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Looks interesting! Good luck, dev!
Thank you. This game has been percolating in my head for a couple of years honestly with me making vague threats about actually making it eventually. The hardest thing was simply releasing it and letting people see it.

Side note: My avatar is the second version of the main character. The original was a blond. And now we move to the current one in the actual game.

Dreamatrix

Aug 11, 2019
The only down side to this game is that pressing the back arrow won't let you go back 1 page scene but back to a certain saved point. So everyone should not just skip over text too fast during your decisions or you need start back like 5 or more page scenes.
So far out of 3 job currently, City Hall pays the most at $175, police at 2nd with $100 and diner last with $50. I do hope that we could actually get to do other jobs too, like the clinic as a nurse, job offer from the mysterious mask guy in wheel chair, as a nun at the church.

Reactions: Shelscott50

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
The only down side to this game is that pressing the back arrow won't let you go back 1 page scene but back to a certain saved point. So everyone should not just skip over text too fast during your decisions or you need start back like 5 or more page scenes.
So far out of 3 job currently, City Hall pays the most at $175, police at 2nd with $100 and diner last with $50. I do hope that we could actually get to do other jobs too, like the clinic as a nurse, job offer from the mysterious mask guy in wheel chair, as a nun at the church.
In general the back arrow will take you back to the last "real" passage. A lot of the passages are broken up into lots of smaller sub-passages because I got feedback that in long talks there was too much scrolling and stuff so I made that change. But yes, that is a side effect.

The City Hall pay varies depending on your interactions with Ray Patterson and Karl Van Horn. It can be as low as $100 and as high as $175. As for the job offer from the guy in the wheelchair. Minor spoiler but:

Edit: The diner job has the lowest base pay but if you concentrate on persuasion you can get good tips there that will make up for that.

Edit 2: Other jobs will become available as the story progresses. In some cases they will be possible branches from your current jobs. In other cases they will be based on unrelated events. I have 2 other jobs in mind currently though the two are on the same path. If you do some stuff, you get job A and after awhile at job A you can move to job B. I'm being vague because of spoilers and stuff. :)

Last edited:

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Not bad....gonna keep one eye on this...
...thanks for the share....and good luck...

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
no futa/trans at all, why the tag?
If you start as a male you become female after the first night and it has bearing on things throughout the game. (or will, once there's more content) I even put a big red disclaimer if you chose a male character for that reason.

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
It's good to have customized male characters on my screen, something different from those BABY FACED bastard clones.
BUT...

Man: "Babe please suck my DICK."
Girl?: "You first!" o_O
*laughs* Well, that kind of stuff likely won't be in for a long time. And some of it will depend on if I can get the stuff to make it look good in renders. I will say there is already a futa in the game as a potential sexual partner but they haven't been revealed yet.

Y2k94

Jan 16, 2019
If you start as a male you become female after the first night and it has bearing on things throughout the game. (or will, once there's more content) I even put a big red disclaimer if you chose a male character for that reason.
so it's a full male to female transformation? meaning still no futa/trans but genderbend/transformation

Reactions: Gold Onyx

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
so it's a full male to female transformation? meaning still no futa/trans but genderbend/transformation
I didn't put the tags on though I do tend to think of the futa/trans tag as saying "futa AND/OR trans". That is correct, I'm sorry if the tags lead you to believe differently or me requesting that specific tag. There is a futa as a romance option in the game but the player themselves cannot be a futa. It is indeed genderbending.

Edit: I'm not sure there is a genderbend tag but there is a transformation one so I'll request that one be added.

• Sad
Reactions: Oxiton

Y2k94

Jan 16, 2019
I didn't put the tags on though I do tend to think of the futa/trans tag as saying "futa AND/OR trans". That is correct, I'm sorry if the tags lead you to believe differently or me requesting that specific tag. There is a futa as a romance option in the game but the player themselves cannot be a futa. It is indeed genderbending.

Edit: I'm not sure there is a genderbend tag but there is a transformation one so I'll request that one be added.
thank you for your answeres :) yeah the transformation tag works better so far, once the futa/trans part is in the game the tag should be added ^^ until then you could put in a planned features section in the genre tab and put the futa/trans there. wish you the best of luck with this project and your others aswell :)

WendyTheRed

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Thread ownership was turned over to me. I updated the changelog and dev notes and added when what I thought were missing tags and requested they officially be added. In the dev notes I tried to include what I view as the most common possible questions but if you have one you think I missed let me know.

Lou111

Jun 2, 2018
Yeah... I saw the futa/trans protag tag and jumped all over this.

If you start as a male you become female after the first night
Transformation tag
There is a futa as a romance option in the game but the player themselves cannot be a futa
Futa/Trans tag, no Futa/Trans Protagonist tag

It's just my opinion after all. I imagine other futa/trans protagonist fans like myself will pour in here and be disappointed as well. I'm not so stuck on it that I won't check out the game but I'm going to need to walk off my initial excitement to give it a fair chance :coffee:;)

Thank you for the feedback and clarification, good on you. (y)

4.90 star(s) 11 Votes