Ren'Py Shag the Hag 2 (Game Development Thread)

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
can confirm: am still alive.

in a few weeks or so i hope to post part 1 of a 3-part game, "Her Android Tears".

Had to pause on Penny and Shag the Hag 2, BUT I have sort of figured a way around the Patreon issues for Shag the Hag 2 at least (will split it into 2 games - one via rel8algames, which will use the characters/stories I'd designed for the ones Patreon didn't like).

Had a terrible year this year. We bought an apartment and had to move in. I can't tell you how long that took because it was a nightmare of failures. Seems 2021 just wants to keep throwing monkeyshit at my face.

But we're getting there!

Anem

Dec 27, 2017
can confirm: am still alive.

in a few weeks or so i hope to post part 1 of a 3-part game, "Her Android Tears".

Had to pause on Penny and Shag the Hag 2, BUT I have sort of figured a way around the Patreon issues for Shag the Hag 2 at least (will split it into 2 games - one via rel8algames, which will use the characters/stories I'd designed for the ones Patreon didn't like).

Had a terrible year this year. We bought an apartment and had to move in. I can't tell you how long that took because it was a nightmare of failures. Seems 2021 just wants to keep throwing monkeyshit at my face.

But we're getting there!
Good luck! Hope the second half of the year is going to be better for you!
Very excited for any of your games to release tbh

Bigapee

Jul 19, 2017
sorry to hear that, moving is one of the worst things a human can do. hope your year turns around.

Reactions: L8ERALgames

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
sorry to hear that, moving is one of the worst things a human can do. hope your year turns around.
it really is. it took me about a month to get settled. see, i was a magpie, and have hoarded books, dvds, and cds (music) over a lot of years. The sheer number of boxes.... and then we threw out a lot of old furniture i'd had for about 30 years. got new furniture...

the other week we had a storm in melbourne, and i lost all power for about 4 days. then this week lost internet for half a day.

i swear, someone doesn't want me making games...

DanLong

Mar 23, 2018
Maybe you can publish this and Penny Conspiracy on itchio or set up a password protected part of your webbsite. Then let Patrion subscribers download from there. Then Patreon has no control of your content!

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Maybe you can publish this and Penny Conspiracy on itchio or set up a password protected part of your webbsite. Then let Patrion subscribers download from there. Then Patreon has no control of your content!
They're on Itch at the moment. :) I'm redoing STH2's characters/story, and I'm considering risking it with Penny by not including any promo images of the alien in any Patreon post. But it's a risk...

Reactions: Griff83

Scratty

Dec 20, 2019
They're on Itch at the moment. :) I'm redoing STH2's characters/story, and I'm considering risking it with Penny by not including any promo images of the alien in any Patreon post. But it's a risk...
What I want to know if there is a playable version on Subscribestar yet. If there is I will gladly pledge.

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
What I want to know if there is a playable version on Subscribestar yet. If there is I will gladly pledge.
not yet. the "engine" as i call it is mostly built (except the combat system), though.

then i need to do the story/images. there's a fair amount to do, but not as much as i thought.

i had a video on youtube at one stage just before Patreon messed my plans.