Ren'Py Shag the Hag 2 (Game Development Thread)

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
View attachment 1785566

ReConnect is a simple little story game where Player Choices play a large role in adding colour and nuance to the dialogue. While the difference may not be immediately obvious, your choices (and there are many despite the relatively small size of the game) will affect dialogue further into the story.

Being fairly short, it lightly explores themes of forbidden love and the misunderstandings of poor communication. At its heart, it’s a romantic story more than an erotic one, and I hope you enjoy the characters and their interactions.

For this one, I also chose to use Black Metal. Partly because I’m listening to a lot of it lately, and partly because it suited where I thought the MC’s mind would be at from the beginning of the game. His heartbreak, regret, and frustration have left him attracted to the aggressive and painful world of Black Metal.

The game will be released Complete and no further updates other than Bug Fixes will be released.

I am hopeful of a April/Early May release

View attachment 1785567
definitely early may... in a few weeks. i have about 10 more renders to do, then pop them into the game and it's done.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Wonderful news .. dev has managed to keep the hype alive, just barely, the span of making 3 full other games.
MAke sure you do not blow on it when you jump the fence and go see what is keeping this game down so much.

• Haha
Reactions: Wooloomooloo

Omegablade21

Jun 16, 2020
Money, man. Money.

I have Subscribestar and Patreon as options, and everyone pretty much uses Patreon. From what I've seen, the only way I could get people to support me only on Subscribestar is to use the Loli tag.

edit: It IS being worked on, but not as a priority at this stage. I opened it up the other week actually, to review some of the code. I might be ripping it apart to make it simpler to make as I'm having to pull out a couple of stories I know will upset Patreon too much.

Having said THAT, i'm sort of experimenting with my latest game (Reconnect), to see what will happen with Patreon and if I can get away with something cheeky.
here we go someone with a vision having that idea tainted to suit the designs of someone else.

It's better to abandon all thoughts of trying to get anything through Patreon unless you want to abandon the project halfway through when they once again tighten the lease on what content they'll ALLOW you to create.

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
here we go someone with a vision having that idea tainted to suit the designs of someone else.

It's better to abandon all thoughts of trying to get anything through Patreon unless you want to abandon the project halfway through when they once again tighten the lease on what content they'll ALLOW you to create.
Actually, I'm sort of testing the water with patreon at the moment to see if I could stealth it through... ;)

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
for those of you still interested, i have a new game out at https://f95zone.to/threads/reconnect-choose-love-at-its-darkest-l8eralgames.118179/. the game is complete.

i am now combing through STH2 to see what i can salvage and what i'll drop.

most likely i will re-do the sets as i've picked up some new assets in the past year or so. will also redo the characters as they were a bit toony and i will take it back to realism. i will bend the story a bit, too, and scale back some of the rpg elements which i feel would make the game a bit too prone to grinding or confusion. i was being a little crazy, i think, with some of the options i was going to offer.

i don't think, for these kinds of games, complexity is really needed. instead, i'll try to channel things back into story and characters.

i'm also thinking to re-do the entire UI so it's 100% my work, as this will allow me to consider trying to navigate the hellscape that is Steam...

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
for those of you still interested, i have a new game out at https://f95zone.to/threads/reconnect-choose-love-at-its-darkest-l8eralgames.118179/. the game is complete.

most likely i will re-do the sets as i've picked up some new assets in the past year or so. will also redo the characters as they were a bit toony and i will take it back to realism. i will bend the story a bit, too, and scale back some of the rpg elements which i feel would make the game a bit too prone to grinding or confusion. i was being a little crazy, i think, with some of the options i was going to offer.

i don't think, for these kinds of games, complexity is really needed. instead, i'll try to channel things back into story and characters.

i'm also thinking to re-do the entire UI so it's 100% my work, as this will allow me to consider trying to navigate the hellscape that is Steam...

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
cathedral.png
cathedral2.png
sth2_test_1.png

this week's progress:
  • designed new character models for MC, three "interests", and goblin enemies (they're adorbs).
  • designed internal sets for Study (seen above), MC's bedroom, and inn/bakery
  • designed external setting for satan's abandoned cathedral which will be MC's snuggly new home
  • rendered a few test renders
  • designed new main dialogue menu UI (this is being changed completely to avoid future licencing issues)
  • created initial time structure (defining each phase for actions to be taken - evening, midnight, early morning etc.) in ren'py and wrote intro
not bad for a nobody...

Arrdvark

Jan 23, 2018
When I dabbled in creating a mod for Skyrim, I quickly realized that this isn't for me. After the number of hours I sank into that project I have a huge level of appreciation for the amount of work that goes into any game. The fact that you and so many other devs do this in your free time is simply amazing. Keep up the good work! (y)

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
When I dabbled in creating a mod for Skyrim, I quickly realized that this isn't for me. After the number of hours I sank into that project I have a huge level of appreciation for the amount of work that goes into any game. The fact that you and so many other devs do this in your free time is simply amazing. Keep up the good work! (y)
thanks!

it really is a lot of hours... i work fulltime, and my day job often has me working late. i spend practically every minute when not at my day job doing this. mostly because i enjoy the creative process, to be honest. sure, we'd all like to do it for a living, but i do it mostly because i enjoy it.

i can write, code, and create art. 3 things i enjoy. :)

ronan333

Jan 23, 2020

I really liked the toony nature of your earlier work; it was what drew me to follow it. Also, it is possible that you could get away with more risky content with toony characters, just throwing that out there. I wish you would consider doing at least one project in the old style if you could find time for it.

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
I really liked the toony nature of your earlier work; it was what drew me to follow it. Also, it is possible that you could get away with more risky content with toony characters, just throwing that out there. I wish you would consider doing at least one project in the old style if you could find time for it.
i thought so, too, with the toony, but that's the part patreon had a thing about. small boobs and the toon faces. :/

so, i just headed back to the kind of characters from the first game instead.

it'll be fine. :D

1654518373954.png