• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Shag the Hag 2 (Game Development Thread)

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Ok, please tell me Centaur girl is an actual love interest.
she will be :)

all girls will either have a main character arc (long story) or be short tryst adventures (side quests). i plan for centaur girl to have a fairly good story. :)

after all. she's the last of her kind. she'll need someone to help squirt out some little centaurs of her own.

HylTin

Aug 29, 2018
Bless you. We don't deserve this.
We don't deserve L8ERALgames, that's all! (y) :ROFLMAO: But man, I'm (personally but I don't think I'm the only one) really concerned about your new combat system... I'm not a big fan of this kind of games (and one more time, I don't think I'm the only one) and your first game could be sometimes a little bit repetitiv (but I'm not complaining here) so I really hope your combat system won't be just a RPG game/Turn based combat, full of it (too much) in which if you loose => you loose all the game... I really hope that you've thought about it or at least, make a possibility to avoid it...

Anyway, love your work, still following you and waiting to see this new project !

Reactions: L8ERALgames

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
We don't deserve L8ERALgames, that's all! (y) :ROFLMAO: But man, I'm (personally but I don't think I'm the only one) really concerned about your new combat system... I'm not a big fan of this kind of games (and one more time, I don't think I'm the only one) and your first game could be sometimes a little bit repetitiv (but I'm not complaining here) so I really hope your combat system won't be just a RPG game/Turn based combat, full of it (too much) in which if you loose => you loose all the game... I really hope that you've thought about it or at least, make a possibility to avoid it...

Anyway, love your work, still following you and waiting to see this new project !
combat will be a lot like the last one. more a "if you want to do it, you can" thing. i just wanted it to be a little more "fun". for story reasons which will become clear, there won't be a life system like i had in STH1. for combat, there will be a "death" system, but it's not going to irritate or cause any issues. the MC is a warlock with close ties to Hell, so it's definitely not a punishment.

it's 100% an optional part of the game, though. having said that, i plan on having a few extra bonuses for those who do got through it (like the hobo in the first game).

that repetitive thing - i'm trying to get rid of. for example,t his won't be open world and you won't have to repeat steps. it'll be more of a story with some "free action" choices (say, choosing to either walk through the forest for possibility of combat, or go visit character x instead) at some times of day.

i like to believe STH2 will be a smoother game to play, but leaning more to being a story than an open world game if that makes sense.

• Love
Reactions: HylTin

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
This week, I've made some changes to the Choice Menu, and it will now appear in the dialogue box as a set of buttons to select from rather than in the middle of the screen.

I've removed the calendar system and started writing the story. I will give 7 days worth of story each update, with each 7 days being a "complete" chapter which will logically lead to the next part. The first 7 days will mostly be introduction and an outline of the main quest(s) to come. It will focus on 3 main characters, and have some side characters introduced in prep for when side characters get their stories dropped in.

I've also made some critical changes to the Inventory (mostly coding which doesn't have a visual relevance).

I've also added the music system with haunty tim-burtony style music.

I hope to showcase these in some videos for Subscribestar and Patreon supporters this week.

This is fun!

1606880557189.png

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
wow .. miss ... you having some trouble glowing in the dark I see ...
lemme hav that gown ”cause my washing machine is looking for some action.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Suffer and Saccotage! DRRrRRRrrrats! Uhh .. you scared me there, missy.
Not cool, babe, not cool sneaking on your BF like that.
I do want your gown, my heart is restless ... Look, I know a creek we can wash that to a sparkling finnish.
You game?