3.70 star(s) 72 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Really like the story so far, though I do wish I could scroll back text. I'm sometimes a bit too fast on the trigger moving to the next page, so to speak. So even if it was just upto 3-5 lines backwards, it'd be enough for me.
there is back button but that might go too far back.

Majindevil

Nov 20, 2018
Oh, okay. Now I get what you mean. The data (the choices) loaded into ep2 are the ones that were set the last time you played ep1 and finished the episode. So to change something, for instance, you'd need to load a different slot in ep1, finish the episode (it's fine if you skip) and then start ep2 (when ep1 ends you're redirected to the main menu and ep2 will be there enabled by default). Same logic will apply to future episodes. At the end of the day isn't that different from what one have in renpy. If you want to try something different you just load an old save and then play from there. The only major difference is that our updates are grouped in "episodes" you can change in the main menu.
The advantage of this system is that you can easily go back to previous updates (episodes) and replay them (and change choices) without the need of depending on a manual save. Let's say you are in episode 8 but just figured out there's something you'd like to change in episode 5 but you didn't make save there. No problem, just select episode 5 in the main menu and replay from there.

Besides the profile system I mentioned in my previous post, I'll study other ways of managing replays and make it more clear how the progress work.
thanks now its clear how the saves and choices are handled and i think you understand the problem if it takes so much conversation to get somene (especialy someone stupid as me) to understand how it works a rework (good start with the profile system) or a really good descriotion as readme (in big red letters and and icon more prominent than the game exe so people really see and understand it) might be needed.

the most used engine ins renpy or unity so maybe you could check a few games and look how they handle saves and try to immitate it (people are easily confused and not very good in adepting to new ways) so the handling is more understandable for people who are used to this system.

Reactions: Corambis

Fadelius

Jul 16, 2020
I downloaded this and gave it a shot. I really like the story so far and the art is really great.
It would be very nice to have some sort of gallery, or event replay system so I could view certain things again without having to make multiple save points right before those scenes or images just to be able to go back and look at them. On renpy this isn't much of an issue as you can just pull the images into a folder if the developer doesn't want to take the time to make those things. However using your own custom engine makes unpacking and pulling the images a lot more complicated so the gallery or replay function in the game would work best.

Thank you for your hard work, I like what I see so far and am definitely considering supporting the project if it continues in this manner.

TempinOffice

May 25, 2020
We’ve just posted two brand new looks at Shale Hill Secrets - Episode 3 on Patreon!

!

View attachment 1317344
What a wonderful game it is. The visuals were always the biggest plus of any Love-joint game and Shale Hill never disappoints on that aspect. I see they are pursuing the mystery element similar to that from DFD and seeing the toaster and Police Officer was a great addition. Every render was worth every dime especially the sex-scenes. I hope for a great plot, with a good balance mix of mystery and relationships.

I hope we get Ch 3 soon [September?]

A question though, are we going to see a Freeroam feature in coming updates?

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
Can't decide who I like more between Sam and Valerie, both are super charming. I also really like Kristen, it's a shame she's only a side character. Emily is super interesting, I'm curious where her story's gonna go, but I have no interest in seeing her and MC get back together, they don't seem like a good fit. Although shame on you dev for not giving us a creampie option!
Unfortunately, I have zero interest in the sister. Gung-ho news reporter vibe and generic incest character didn't particularly catch my interest. Which given that she seems to be the lead LI, I may lose interest at some point. But for now I really like this story and can't wait for episode 3.

TempinOffice

May 25, 2020
Unfortunately, I have zero interest in the sister. Gung-ho news reporter vibe and generic incest character didn't particularly catch my interest. Which given that she seems to be the lead LI, I may lose interest at some point. But for now I really like this story and can't wait for episode 3.
Wait, You mean Leah? The flat-mate isn't MC sister, she is "friend" by default. Though you can (have) customize your relationship with her.

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
What a wonderful game it is. The visuals were always the biggest plus of any Love-joint game and Shale Hill never disappoints on that aspect. I see they are pursuing the mystery element similar to that from DFD and seeing the toaster and Police Officer was a great addition. Every render was worth every dime especially the sex-scenes. I hope for a great plot, with a good balance mix of mystery and relationships.

I hope we get Ch 3 soon [September?]

A question though, are we going to see a Freeroam feature in coming updates?
Thank you so much for the amazing feedback! So happy you're enjoying the start, and I hope you continue to enjoy it! We are still working on Episode 3, and hope to release to patrons sometime shortly - not ETA on free release, but we hope to officially release the first two free once three is out on Patreon!

No plan for that fully right now, there's more freedom than we usually had though in the past for now - we want to make a less linear game overall!

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
Can't decide who I like more between Sam and Valerie, both are super charming. I also really like Kristen, it's a shame she's only a side character. Emily is super interesting, I'm curious where her story's gonna go, but I have no interest in seeing her and MC get back together, they don't seem like a good fit. Although shame on you dev for not giving us a creampie option!
Happy to hear you are liking it so far! Sam and Valerie are great indeed.

3.70 star(s) 72 Votes