3.80 star(s) 72 Votes

big_hawg

Jul 3, 2022
Damn that Emily and Valerie scene was incredible... story ended on a pretty huge cliffhanger. Overall i love the game but the writing can definitely be too longwinded at times. Alot of dialogue sometimes seems completely unnecessary and just filler. But overall its a damn good game.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
When compressed version are come ?
I'm pretty sure SonsOLiberty stated it would be a nightmare to do so. Don't quote me on that though.
If you want it, bite the bullet and download it. The way it's done is not an easy thing to do, especially on Windows. There is another compressor who does it via Linux with a bunch of command line scripts and batch scripts which I'm not knowledgeable enough yet to do. The person who usually does it hasn't been seen in weeks. If you want (it's worth it, it's not one your will regret downloading 3GB on) just get it, not every game can be compressed easily, trying to even start trying to compress it gave me more headaches than it was worth.

zeldagamernl

Jan 29, 2022
Hi everyone. Cam someone point me in the location of the save files for this game? I need to do a refromat of my PC and I want to have my saves. I looked in the "Roaming" folder and its not there in the Renpy folder, And I cant seem to find it in the LocalLow folder or Local folder either. Any help is appreciated.

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
Hi everyone. Cam someone point me in the location of the save files for this game? I need to do a refromat of my PC and I want to have my saves. I looked in the "Roaming" folder and its not there in the Renpy folder, And I cant seem to find it in the LocalLow folder or Local folder either. Any help is appreciated.

There should be a shortcut in the game folder. %HOMEDRIVE%\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Shale_Hill_Secrets

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Shale Hill Secrets [v0.11.1][Love-Joint]

COMPRESSED: WINDOWS ONLY (PRE-CRACKED)

Some Notes: I will be able to compress this game (at least the Windows version) from here on out :coffee:

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Is there a was way to convert the image.dat to a viewable image format - like .jpg or .webp?
On Windows I don't know (UAGC incorporated the game now), but these are notes from compressors who've done it on the Linux side.

Compressing Reduces Image/Audio/Video Quality.
  • Used + Batch Script for converting *.dat files to PNG & JPG.
  • Used for compression of JPG.
  • Used for compression of PNG.
  • Used YAC for audio compression.
MAC mirrors on request.

Here are the undecrypted images, made a dump. There are a few missing in the ones I converted not sure why (probably the slide images no biggie, not in the game though, all there and fine), I'll post both the compressed one I did now for the images, and the uncompressed dump...

(y)

Image dump = compressed

Images = untouched

Good on you, bro. I don't use compressed and I haven't even tried this game. I'm 100% Ren'py AVN gamer. :p
I mean you really should, it's basically like Ren'Py I can't tell the difference besides it has better gallery and runs better, it has every feature of Ren'Py right click save, tab skip, etc, etc.

I can say for certain if you try it, you will think you are playing a Ren'Py game, it's like one of those sex dolls, you know it's not the real thing, but close enough :devilish:

Also, I do suggest these as well, they are Unity, but again, they play and act like a Ren'Py game/engine....I took a chance on both along with SHS, and play great.

Timestamps: Lost Love [R10 PE] [Motkeyz]

Timestamps: Unconditional Love [v1.1 Steam SE] [Motkeyz]

I'm also a pretty much a Ren'Py only person to, but those are so much like it, I do not even mind ;)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Twistty

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
On Windows I don't know (UAGC incorporated the game now), but these are notes from compressors who've done it on the Linux side.

Here are the undecrypted images, made a dump. There are a few missing in the ones I converted not sure why (probably the slide images no biggie, not in the game though, all there and fine), I'll post both the compressed one I did now for the images, and the uncompressed dump...

(y)

Image dump = compressed

Images = untouched

I mean you really should, it's basically like Ren'Py I can't tell the difference besides it has better gallery and runs better, it has every feature of Ren'Py right click save, tab skip, etc, etc.

I can say for certain if you try it, you will think you are playing a Ren'Py game, it's like one of those sex dolls, you know it's not the real thing, but close enough :devilish:

Also, I do suggest these as well, they are Unity, but again, they play and act like a Ren'Py game/engine....I took a chance on both along with SHS, and play great.

Timestamps: Lost Love [R10 PE] [Motkeyz]

Timestamps: Unconditional Love [v1.1 Steam SE] [Motkeyz]

I'm also a pretty much a Ren'Py only person to, but those are so much like it, I do not even mind ;)
Nah. Because I know my way around Ren'py, so, I like to make my own personal mods. Not willing to try and mess with something else.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I'm too old to learn new tricks. I don't see it as a loss. I see it as keeping my sanity level in check.
I thought that at first when I saw it said "other engine" because I started with RPGM, what an awful engine, I don't care how good it is, I won't touch it. I've gotten animation dumps of some RPGM games.

When I got SHS there were not any new tricks to learn. I literally thought I was playing Ren'Py engine made game (others have thought the same in this thread).

Shit, someone could reupload this as something other game tag it with Ren'Py and I bet you wouldn't know the difference until you started digging through the files.

Enough trying to convince you, it's one of those games that should be featured on the game banner with featured games, it's so criminally ignored because of the "OTHERS" tag.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I thought that at first when I saw it said "other engine" because I started with RPGM, what an awful engine, I don't care how good it is, I won't touch it. I've gotten animation dumps of some RPGM games.

When I got SHS there were not any new tricks to learn. I literally thought I was playing Ren'Py engine made game (others have thought the same in this thread).

Shit, someone could reupload this as something other game tag it with Ren'Py and I bet you wouldn't know the difference until you started digging through the files.

Enough trying to convince you, it's one of those games that should be featured on the game banner with featured games, it's so criminally ignored because of the "OTHERS" tag.
Well, if the dev would go to Ren'py, I'd be all for it. I have to be able to tinker. Even if it's just to fix typos or change a line or two because I didn't like the format of it or whatever.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Well, if the dev would go to Ren'py, I'd be all for it. I have to be able to tinker. Even if it's just to fix typos or change a line or two because I didn't like the format of it or whatever.
So far, it's one of the few games I don't even really care. Every other game I've got I've got mods for, can easily make patches (mainly family friendly edits), or cheats. None of that is needed, and I have not noticed any language issues or misplaced dialogue either.

It will never go Ren'Py and if it did the pirated rate would go up by 1000% probably. Since it's again other engine, 95% of the people here ignore it.

But, hey, ain't no changing people's minds once they get it stuck in the mud ;)

3.80 star(s) 72 Votes