3.00 star(s) 30 Votes

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
Thanks for the new release Ellaria
On my free time - just trying out a custom UI layout - not the best but hope you like it :eazyHype:
For now only the "Door way" part is complete

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Attaching UI Icons just in-case you need for reference

(doorway.rpy attached)
(location: ..\Shaping_her_Future-0.03.03(Premium)-pc\game\locations\home)
(hoping to complete for all the other rooms and upload game with custom UI by this weekend) :angel:

Reactions: rick87

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Thanks for the new release Ellaria
On my free time - just trying out a custom UI layout - not the best but hope you like it :eazyHype:
For now only the "Door way" part is complete

Attaching UI Icons just in-case you need for reference

(doorway.rpy attached)
(location: ..\Shaping_her_Future-0.03.03(Premium)-pc\game\locations\home)
(hoping to complete for all the other rooms and upload game with custom UI by this weekend) :angel:
I originally had navigation done with little circles in the lower-left - though mine didn't look as good as yours. I removed them because they, combined with having outlines for clickable items when you hover over them, added a decent amount of lag. I also had some issues with images not overlapping properly. I wasn't too bothered about removing them as I felt like they aren't so necessary when the game only has four rooms. I suppose you could add the facilities too but still.

Your UI bar is also what I had planned. They way I wanted it had an extra part in the centre which curved down a little and I struggled to create this as I'm useless with photoshop. I had a bar to show your progress down your current path on the right beside a few other variables. However, with changes to 0.04, the UI I have now suits best as I need the top-right of the screen available.

I may go back to using circles, I'm not sure. The first thing I'll do for 0.04 will be updating the UI to fit the gameplay changes. I'll decide once that's done.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
I've been wondering about that, I though you could force her to play the game on the Power path.
I actually have the game designed, I just don't have the images. The first game will be a strip-poker type game but with dice. I'm not sure what paths it will be available on. Probably lust, obedience and eventually love.

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
I originally had navigation done with little circles in the lower-left - though mine didn't look as good as yours. I removed them because they, combined with having outlines for clickable items when you hover over them, added a decent amount of lag. I also had some issues with images not overlapping properly. I wasn't too bothered about removing them as I felt like they aren't so necessary when the game only has four rooms. I suppose you could add the facilities too but still.

Your UI bar is also what I had planned. They way I wanted it had an extra part in the centre which curved down a little and I struggled to create this as I'm useless with photoshop. I had a bar to show your progress down your current path on the right beside a few other variables. However, with changes to 0.04, the UI I have now suits best as I need the top-right of the screen available.

I may go back to using circles, I'm not sure. The first thing I'll do for 0.04 will be updating the UI to fit the gameplay changes. I'll decide once that's done.
Thats cool, hoping to see the new UI with 0.0.4 release.
I was on to update the Top-Right corner with portrait and when you click on it, to show the stats/path/money/etc..
Trying it out in a sample page before i include it in the main scripts, will keep you posted.

I use Macromedia Fireworks to edit images, its easy and simple (its much better than so called Photoshop - yeah i hate Photoshop for simple image edit but for complex photo editing).

You can find Portable versions of Fireworks online (sadly long since Adobe acquired Macromedia.. you can search it as "Adobe Fireworks CS6 Portable".

If you open the png icons (my earlier post) in Fireworks tool you can see the layers in it and simply you can edit text, add effects or features to it.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Thats cool, hoping to see the new UI with 0.0.4 release.
I was on to update the Top-Right corner with portrait and when you click on it, to show the stats/path/money/etc..
Trying it out in a sample page before i include it in the main scripts, will keep you posted.

I use Macromedia Fireworks to edit images, its easy and simple (its much better than so called Photoshop - yeah i hate Photoshop for simple image edit but for complex photo editing).

You can find Portable versions of Fireworks online (sadly long since Adobe acquired Macromedia.. you can search it as "Adobe Fireworks CS6 Portable".

If you open the png icons (my earlier post) in Fireworks tool you can see the layers in it and simply you can edit text, add effects or features to it.
I used fireworks a long time ago because my school couldn't afford photoshop. The only real reason I use photoshop is that I paid for a year.

Marko1245

Jun 8, 2017
I actually have the game designed, I just don't have the images. The first game will be a strip-poker type game but with dice. I'm not sure what paths it will be available on. Probably lust, obedience and eventually love.
make a walkthrough of this game so we can understand which choice lead to which path thanks

Reactions: Phunfoteno

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
This really, really needs some exposition about the backstory at the start of this game. What's her deal? Is she just choosing celibacy? What's the nature of your relationship? Etc.

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
This really, really needs some exposition about the backstory at the start of this game. What's her deal? Is she just choosing celibacy? What's the nature of your relationship? Etc.
Hmmm... I can see your point but I kind of like the mystery about it all! Not only what is Sarah's deal but wy dod the MC have to change his name? It's not like the normal game that just asks you to "name your character"... Seeing this is only v0.03, there's still potentially a lot of back information that can be bought up during the game - maybe even depending on the various routes taken.

By the way Ellaraia, I've really enjoyed your game so far... I've played each of the paths & already can't wait for more paths to be unlocked in the future. Keep it up mate!

p.s. I also wonder if it was originally an incest game that got changed from brother/sister to 'friend with an unfortunate past'...

Reactions: Ellaraia

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I'm pretty sure she's your sister or she was and still is if you do it right as there were spots that referred to her as your sister. I named her SIS with the phone option.

@

Is she suppose to be a virgin? The one file for lust is named virgin but I don't think it said anything about her being a virgin when doing the event.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
I'm pretty sure she's your sister or she was and still is if you do it right as there were spots that referred to her as your sister. I named her SIS with the phone option.

@

Is she suppose to be a virgin? The one file for lust is named virgin but I don't think it said anything about her being a virgin when doing the event.
She's not a virgin, no. I named the scene that because I have to choose a different name for each scene so I can keep track well. Eventually the scenes will have to be named apple and rainbow.

Somebody told me there's an incest mod int he works which may be released with/after the next update. On a completely different note, I talk to myself a lot.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
If I gave you too much backstory, the game wouldn't work. In reality, there isn't anybody would be open to being someone's pet, and their sex-slave, and their fuck buddy, and their loving girlfriend and so on.

Each of the paths makes sense on their own, but not together, thus the backstory has to be rather vague to allow for them all.

There will be a lot more specifics about the character's past, and Sarah's current life, as the stories progress.

Reactions: muttdoggy

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Hmmm... I can see your point but I kind of like the mystery about it all! Not only what is Sarah's deal but wy dod the MC have to change his name? It's not like the normal game that just asks you to "name your character"... Seeing this is only v0.03, there's still potentially a lot of back information that can be bought up during the game - maybe even depending on the various routes taken.

By the way Ellaraia, I've really enjoyed your game so far... I've played each of the paths & already can't wait for more paths to be unlocked in the future. Keep it up mate!

p.s. I also wonder if it was originally an incest game that got changed from brother/sister to 'friend with an unfortunate past'...
In my original brother/sister opening scene, I had the character choose his and Sarah's names in a far better way. I don't like how most games just ask you your name and other character's names separate from the story.

The story will definitely expand along the different routes. You will even meet a character or two from your old life.

I'm glad you enjoyed.

p.s. My lips are sealed.

GottesGamer

Nov 9, 2017
Great Game but I would like to know if the next update will update the love and Protection path. Its a shame that both paths are so short. But still its a great game with nice pictures

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Great Game but I would like to know if the next update will update the love and Protection path. Its a shame that both paths are so short. But still its a great game with nice pictures
I'm not sure. The next month will be split into two for me. The first half will be converting the game to a new way of progressing. The second will be adding content. The love path requires that I find/choose a location for the first date. I've not done that yet but we'll see. It will be 0.05 at the latest.

3.00 star(s) 30 Votes