3.00 star(s) 30 Votes

tmv

May 31, 2017
Well, this is the free version and it seems that the Patreon version has more 'meat' to the story

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
Well like the idea of the game. But disagree with the whole heres a free version im gunna take content out but still keep the text on screen to annoy you. Kinda a dick move tbh, if you really need premium content make it a patch for your patreons dont screw over potential pledgers by giving them a game and winding them up. Game seems solid and decent and could do really well. I however will not be pledging until he seperates premium and free versions.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Well like the idea of the game. But disagree with the whole heres a free version im gunna take content out but still keep the text on screen to annoy you. Kinda a dick move tbh, if you really need premium content make it a patch for your patreons dont screw over potential pledgers by giving them a game and winding them up. Game seems solid and decent and could do really well. I however will not be pledging until he seperates premium and free versions.
The way I blocked content was a 'quick fix' really. Next month I will completely remove the premium content in the free version rather than just switching which image is used. I did do this for this release but accidentally deleted the file. I wanted to hit my deadline so I decided to do what I did. I know it's seems scummy but that was not my intention. I recognise that the release system I'm using isn't great for 0.02, but in future I think it will prove to be superior to how most creators do it.

Reactions: Major Wanker

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
This seems like another game for grinding. Perhaps it will get better as it is developed, but Second Life and Big Brother have about ruined me for grinding.
While ShF is rather grindy right now, I plan to reduce the tediousness of it with variety and by making your interactions with Sarah more enjoyable.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
I removed the content blocks, now there's no trace of the premium scenes/events. Hopefully there are no extra bugs.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oh yea, 6 hour upload. If it were quicker, I'd have done this far sooner.

Sep 4, 2017
IMO, obedience= is more like a pet. Get me a beer or make me a sandwich. Suck my dick. Not really a sexual kink. It can be dark or light. Be home at this time kinds thing. Almost slavish.
Submissive is more sexual. During the day all is normal. During closed-door activities, it all about being controlled. Show me your holes so I can see how dirty you are. Crawl over here you bad girl. Chains, whips, nipple clamps, and hobby horses. Its all about trust that the master will fulfill their desires.
The obedience path was originally called the pet path. It's not slavish, she enjoys being your pet and is playful and cute about it. It's definitely a light path in ShF.
The submission/power path is similar to how you describe it but all of the time. The way I'm thinking is that this path will come in two stages. In the first, you will be more of a slave master toward Sarah and she'll do as she's told because she's stuck with you. In the second, she'll realise that she enjoys her role and embraces it, though she won't letting you know that - not with a smile or a kind word anyway.

I'm working on giving each path different mechanics and the power path will likely differ from the others quite a lot. I'm focusing more on the lust, obedience and love paths first because their mechanics are simpler and the scenes require fewer assets.

““The essence in obedience consists in the fact that a person comes to view himself as an instrument for carrying out another person's wishes and he therefore no longer regards himself as responsible for his actions. The disappearance of a sense of responsibility is the most far-reaching consequence of submission to authority.”
Stanley Milgram

“The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum....”
Naom Chomsky

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Is it normal that :
when making a request at 7:30, asking her to buy groceries, times goes to 8:30, when it just go to 8:00 with the other options ?
When telling a story while sitting close to her, it take 2 times more (2h) than when you tell the story sitting beside her (1h only) ? Any other actions take the same time, but not this one.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Is it normal that :
when making a request at 7:30, asking her to buy groceries, times goes to 8:30, when it just go to 8:00 with the other options ?
When telling a story while sitting close to her, it take 2 times more (2h) than when you tell the story sitting beside her (1h only) ? Any other actions take the same time, but not this one.
The time taken is usually based on logic (So a film takes longer than a compliment) and how much benefit you gain from the action. That said, there are likely a few irregularities such as the groceries option you mentioned. Here I did it a day after the others and thought I had to add an extra +1 time, which I didn't.

The issue really is that I don't have an exact formula for how much time things should take, so I sometimes make mistakes. The more I add, the more I'll have a concise way of choosing time taken and the more consistent this will be.

The film issue is because I'm an idiot who keeps using the wrong sign out of < and >. Sorry about that.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
The film issue is because I'm an idiot who keeps using the wrong sign out of < and >. Sorry about that.
Well, firstly you aren't an idiot. We are all humans (at least I assume that), and humans make mistake sometimes. Which lead to the "secondly", you don't have to be sorry just because you made a mistake.
What matter isn't that you make a game 100% bug free, but that you take count of the bug reports players can make. Not necessarily correcting them, because sometimes it's not a bug, just taking count of them.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Well, firstly you aren't an idiot. We are all humans (at least I assume that), and humans make mistake sometimes. Which lead to the "secondly", you don't have to be sorry just because you made a mistake.
What matter isn't that you make a game 100% bug free, but that you take count of the bug reports players can make. Not necessarily correcting them, because sometimes it's not a bug, just taking count of them.
I wasn't being too serious, just a tad frustrated at the sign errors I keep making.
I feel like every bug that's reported, I learn a little more about bug testing in terms of what needs to be tested and how. I don't really look at specifics. Like on the cafe/shop screens, the time and date doesn't change. I looked and thought 'it's there, great' without actually checking if they were correct. That definitely was stupid. Still new at this and still learning.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017
Very good beginning! I hope the scenes will have different evolution as the player get more love points or lust points.

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
how to use console commands?
do not use console commands except for money as it breaks the game. My advice get unren .bat from somewhere on here place it in folder of game run it activate dev console then run game shift+d and go to variables says in there what they all are

3.00 star(s) 30 Votes