VN Ren'Py Shards of the Past [v0.3.1] [Garou24]

4.80 star(s) 18 Votes

jingyuchua

Dec 4, 2023
No official plans for a throuple at this time. There are only a couple characters and a couple storylines where I could see it making sense. The first one that comes to mind would be Kaela and Moria since their backgrounds and story arc in the game are closely tied together and they already have a close relationship. If something like that were to develop, I would want to write it in a way that you could have a path for both girls together and well as both separately so they each have an individual path. I would not want to have a throuple be the only path or else you can't pursue either of them, but that means more development work and time to create.
I see your perspective, thanks for sharing. It could be just me but it would be amazing to see beautiful characters like these in a throuple like a one big happy family:love:. But you are the dev, it's your story so you got the reins as to how you wanna tell it.:)

Edit: Also, do you think you can add a $5 tier on your patreon?

Reactions: Beowulf72

Garou24

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2021
Top left if you watch Qinara dressing, but turn around before getting caught this image will unlock.
Bottom right, if you have Branson in your group there is an argument at the farm. Not helping will unlock this image and also lead to skipping the scenes and going to a campsite scene instead. The camping scene is being worked on and will be in the next update.

May 30, 2022
Top left if you watch Qinara dressing, but turn around before getting caught this image will unlock.
Bottom right, if you have Branson in your group there is an argument at the farm. Not helping will unlock this image and also lead to skipping the scenes and going to a campsite scene instead. The camping scene is being worked on and will be in the next update.
appreciate it!

Reactions: Garou24

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021

01.jpg

I want to wish you all a Happy 4th of July! If you celebrate it, I hope you have the chance to relax and spend time with friends and family. Here are some images of everyone enjoying a nice sunny cook out with friends.
The full image series is available in the Discord chat and I have added a zip file with the full size PNG files.

Garou24

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2021
I was just wondering if you've got an idea/inspiration for the game from Shannara Chronicles books/series?
The Shannara series is one of the few fantasy books I have not had a chance to read yet. I plan to, as I know it is one of the many series that fantasy readers always recommend. I actually grabbed the books a couple of months ago after talking with a Patron about them, but I just need to find the time to read them.

The books/games/comics The Witcher, Game of Thrones and Dragon Age Origins are all big influencers of Shards of the Past. The RPG setting from Numenera also got me thinking about the sci-fi side of things. I remember reading a few pages from one of the player's manuals or Game Master books about a scavenger searching for magical artifacts to sell and trade. The magic items were actually remains of previous civilizations that had died out long ago, but their technology was so advanced it seemed like magic to the current dwellers of the planet.

Jul 16, 2018
Is this a high fantasy game? I see mention of elves at least.
The screenshots look amazing! Even the guys seem to look normal in them (often the dev chooses the ugliest possible model for any male character).

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Is this a high fantasy game? I see mention of elves at least.
The screenshots look amazing! Even the guys seem to look normal in them (often the dev chooses the ugliest possible model for any male character).
From what I can tell not too sure if there is magic yet or not but seems has everything but magic so far + scifi elements.

Garou24

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2021
Two possible love interests are elves and one of the companions who you pick up along the way is a dwarf. There are not magic spells in the typical high fantasy sense but there are some witchcraft type scenes and some sci-fi mixed in also.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021

1721540072324.png

Publisher's Note

Embark on an exhilarating journey across the great sea in this captivating Pathfinder adventure! Prepare to set sail when your party is tasked with retrieving a mysterious artifact of untold power. As you secure passage aboard a ship, tensions rise and danger lurks when a mutiny breaks out. Faced with a critical decision, your group must choose a side: the wary crew who believe the artifact and the quest are cursed, or the beautiful and enigmatic captain leading the expedition.

The stakes soar as the truth about the curse unravels and the captain's dark past comes to light. Will your growing romance with the captain bring you closer to unraveling the mystery, or will it place your entire quest in jeopardy? Navigate treacherous waters, both literal and figurative, as you uncover secrets, face perilous challenges, and strive to complete your mission. This tale of high-seas adventure, loyalty, and forbidden love will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very end.

Review: By Alex H.
Our gaming group absolutely loved this adventure! The story is rich with intrigue and the choices we had to make were genuinely challenging. The mutiny plot was particularly engaging, as it forced us to consider our loyalties and the true nature of our allies. The romantic subplot with the mysterious captain added an unexpected layer of depth to our roleplaying. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a pirate adventure that keeps you guessing until the very end!

Review: By Jenna L.
This book delivered on every promise of swashbuckling excitement and more! The setting was beautifully described, and the plot was masterfully woven with elements of mystery, action, and romance. The twist regarding the curse kept us on our toes, and the captain’s dark past revealed layers of the story that we didn't see coming. Our group had an unforgettable time navigating the treacherous waters and political intrigue. Definitely a must-have for any Pathfinder enthusiast!

Review: By Karen D.
I was really excited to dive into this high-seas adventure after hearing so many great things about it. The story itself is fantastic—full of intrigue, action, and a touch of romance. My group had an amazing time navigating the mutiny and unraveling the mystery of the cursed artifact. The character dynamics, especially with the enigmatic captain, were incredibly engaging and added a lot to our sessions.

However, I have to leave a lower rating because of the packaging. When my book arrived, the package was chewed up by my neighbor's dog, leaving the book with some damaged pages. It was really disappointing to see it arrive in such poor condition. While the content is excellent, the delivery left much to be desired. Hopefully, the publishers can improve their packaging to prevent this from happening to others.

Reactions: Garou24

Zero-

Mar 22, 2023

View attachment 3852068

Publisher's Note

Embark on an exhilarating journey across the great sea in this captivating Pathfinder adventure! Prepare to set sail when your party is tasked with retrieving a mysterious artifact of untold power. As you secure passage aboard a ship, tensions rise and danger lurks when a mutiny breaks out. Faced with a critical decision, your group must choose a side: the wary crew who believe the artifact and the quest are cursed, or the beautiful and enigmatic captain leading the expedition.

The stakes soar as the truth about the curse unravels and the captain's dark past comes to light. Will your growing romance with the captain bring you closer to unraveling the mystery, or will it place your entire quest in jeopardy? Navigate treacherous waters, both literal and figurative, as you uncover secrets, face perilous challenges, and strive to complete your mission. This tale of high-seas adventure, loyalty, and forbidden love will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very end.

Review: By Alex H.
Our gaming group absolutely loved this adventure! The story is rich with intrigue and the choices we had to make were genuinely challenging. The mutiny plot was particularly engaging, as it forced us to consider our loyalties and the true nature of our allies. The romantic subplot with the mysterious captain added an unexpected layer of depth to our roleplaying. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a pirate adventure that keeps you guessing until the very end!

Review: By Jenna L.
This book delivered on every promise of swashbuckling excitement and more! The setting was beautifully described, and the plot was masterfully woven with elements of mystery, action, and romance. The twist regarding the curse kept us on our toes, and the captain’s dark past revealed layers of the story that we didn't see coming. Our group had an unforgettable time navigating the treacherous waters and political intrigue. Definitely a must-have for any Pathfinder enthusiast!

Review: By Karen D.
I was really excited to dive into this high-seas adventure after hearing so many great things about it. The story itself is fantastic—full of intrigue, action, and a touch of romance. My group had an amazing time navigating the mutiny and unraveling the mystery of the cursed artifact. The character dynamics, especially with the enigmatic captain, were incredibly engaging and added a lot to our sessions.

However, I have to leave a lower rating because of the packaging. When my book arrived, the package was chewed up by my neighbor's dog, leaving the book with some damaged pages. It was really disappointing to see it arrive in such poor condition. While the content is excellent, the delivery left much to be desired. Hopefully, the publishers can improve their packaging to prevent this from happening to others.
Garou24 What is that? Does it have anything to do with the game?

Garou24

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2021
Garou24 What is that? Does it have anything to do with the game?
Roll For Initiative is just a fun series I like to post every now and then. I enjoy tabletop RPGs and it is an excuse to make some fun images and story ideas to go with them. Especially since I rarely have time to play them anymore. In some of the stories the ideas behind them might be related to the game. This one does tie in with the story and background of Varisha, the girl in the image, so it does share a lot with her in-game story. I set them up with descriptions and reviews like they are real books just for something fun to read and kind of a “what if” scenario. I did some D&D and Vampire The Masquerade in the past and I did find a Sister of Battle outfit so I was planning on doing a Warhammer one in the future.

Reactions: AlexMpog and Zero-

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Roll For Initiative is just a fun series I like to post every now and then. I enjoy tabletop RPGs and it is an excuse to make some fun images and story ideas to go with them. Especially since I rarely have time to play them anymore. In some of the stories the ideas behind them might be related to the game. This one does tie in with the story and background of Varisha, the girl in the image, so it does share a lot with her in-game story. I set them up with descriptions and reviews like they are real books just for something fun to read and kind of a “what if” scenario. I did some D&D and Vampire The Masquerade in the past and I did find a Sister of Battle outfit so I was planning on doing a Warhammer one in the future.
ah thanks for clarification I thought they were actual reviews like you sent it off to steam already and those were the curators reviews. so I was getting excited Episode 4 was gonna be out soon as I recall you saying it should be out around the time it comes to steam tho I could be misremembering.

Edit : after reading them again looks like I read them when tired now it's obvious they were for fun lol

Last edited:

Zero-

Mar 22, 2023
Ooh, I see

Shame it's not canon,It looks very interesting, It wouldn't be bad to see some"pathfinder" in the game, it seems like a good update to me.

4.80 star(s) 18 Votes