mikedncn

Aug 20, 2021
I have plenty of ideas that I will never be able to implement in the world of Shattered, but I'm about 80% sure that there won't be another game from me. First of all, because I'm tired. It's been my entire life for the last three and a half years, and I'm worn out. Second, most of stuff that I come up with is derivative. I don't think I can imagine anything truly new now, it's gonna be more or less the same thing, just with different characters and a different setting, which isn't as interesting. And third, I think that you can't have a good story without an interesting protagonist. And this is where I draw blank. I can't even think of someone to replace Blake. So, here we are.
Thank you for taking the time to answer. And with the amount of content in your game I completely understand. But, I am still going to keep my fingers crossed that when you finish this one, some spark ignites a bunch of new ideas from you. Basically, you are an awesome story teller, and I have thoroughly enjoyed your game. But your health is most important obviously.

Reactions: Soraiya
Sep 14, 2020
@YedaGames A management/strat game in this world where you rebuild/develop the city (does the 'city' have a name?) or Deliverance could be neat. With Deliverance's setup it would almost be like a twisted version of Fallout Shelter.

Reactions: GokutheG

shinka25

Aug 22, 2017
I can't open the game, it keeps running in the background but it doesn't open.

Also, where can I find the script fix?

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
@YedaGames A management/strat game in this world where you rebuild/develop the city (does the 'city' have a name?) or Deliverance could be neat. With Deliverance's setup it would almost be like a twisted version of Fallout Shelter.
You greatly overestimate my technical abilities :)
A simple straightforward VN is the best I can do.
I can't open the game, it keeps running in the background but it doesn't open.

Also, where can I find the script fix?
Sometimes it takes time to launch the game.

The hotfix is in my Mega folder (you can find the link under this comment).

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

enabledcoomer

Mar 26, 2021
getting an error after updating. pretty sure i've installed every patch correctly

Code:
File "game/codex/screens.rpy", line 39: u'fit' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the add statement.
    add _m1_screens__character["picture"] fit "contain"
                                             ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Mon Feb 06 09:24:49 2023

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
getting an error after updating. pretty sure i've installed every patch correctly

Code:
File "game/codex/screens.rpy", line 39: u'fit' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the add statement.
    add _m1_screens__character["picture"] fit "contain"
                                             ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Mon Feb 06 09:24:49 2023
I'm not sure what this error means or what to do with it. This is the first time I see something like that. But judging by the description, the issue is with the codex. Can you try to run the game after deleting the Shattered/game/codex folder?

Reactions: enabledcoomer

crugh2112

Oct 9, 2017
I'm not sure what this error means or what to do with it. This is the first time I see something like that. But judging by the description, the issue is with the codex. Can you try to run the game after deleting the Shattered/game/codex folder?
That worked. I believe that the need to delete the codex folder hit me before as well.

taylorvn

Feb 6, 2023
WAT!? 27.5 GB to get the normal version with audio?! Are you fucking kidding me?! Is it a triple-a title for PS5?!
GTA VC with the full soundtrack fit on just two CD-ROMs (2*0.7 GB = 1.4 GB). Have you put the whole Spotify here or what?

• Haha
Reactions: sjtar

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
WAT!? 27.5 GB to get the normal version with audio?! Are you fucking kidding me?! Is it a triple-a title for PS5?!
GTA VC with the full soundtrack fit on just two CD-ROMs (2*0.7 GB = 1.4 GB). Have you put the whole Spotify here or what?
Get the official compressed version then instead. This game has a lot of renders, uncompressed ones are going to weight quite a bit.

taylorvn

Feb 6, 2023
Get the official compressed version then instead.
From what I understand, the compressed version is castrated and contains no audio at all. Correct me if I am wrong.

This game has a lot of renders, uncompressed ones are going to weight quite a bit.
What do renders have to do with the soundtrack? I am talking about audio, not images. I don't care about 4K sprites. I just want music, that's all.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
From what I understand, the compressed version is castrated and contains no audio at all. Correct me if I am wrong.
This was the case with previous compressed builds (to keep it more managable for Android port iirc) As of 0.18 the compressed version now includes audio as well.

What do renders have to do with the soundtrack?
Nothing, but they have everything to do with overall size of the package. The audio takes ~0.5 gb from what i remember, the rest is all gfx.

taylorvn

Feb 6, 2023
This was the case with previous compressed builds (to keep it more managable for Android port iirc) As of 0.18 the compressed version now includes audio as well.

Nothing, but they have everything to do with overall size of the package. The audio takes ~0.5 gb from what i remember, the rest is all gfx.
Thanks. That explains a lot. Unfortunately, although the F95 has tags for graphics (2d, 2dcg, 3d, 3dcg, etc.), it doesn't have tags for audio (music, voices, sfx, etc.), so I search every thread manually for information about it. And here I found a post that indicated that the compressed version had no audio. In my opinion, such information should be included in the description and be updated in case of changes.

enabledcoomer

Mar 26, 2021
That worked perfectly.

I've been playing since 0.11. My first run, I really liked Iris but ended up on Suya's route. I started another run to go for Iris' true route and am enjoying it, thank you for the increased frequency of route scenes in this latest patch (maybe it's just more Iris scenes, but I'm just assuming it's more scenes with whomever's route you're on).

I'm currently running through a bimbo route. In the Iris route, there were scenes where
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, great game, still 10/10.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I'm just wondering if there's more scenes like that in Iris' routes or in the bimbo route.
There is no other scenes like that i can recall, at least for now, but it might be worth noting that Iris's route is kind of intended to (optionally) work as a supplementary route for Blake who is in relationship with Samuel or Liam. So maybe Iris will get some of these shows she wants, that way.

Reactions: enabledcoomer

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
is there a line for blake to be with melinda as mistress and slave?
Blake can be either Melinda's plaything it he commits to her, or their relationship can develop into something deeper. He's effectively a slave in either case.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
can u explain what route to take to be with her?
If by "be with her" you mean the deeper relationship, consult the walkthrough (included in the first post of this thread) for "Melinda's true route" marked as MBt.

Reactions: xpainx
4.30 star(s) 64 Votes