VN Ren'Py Shelter [Build 37] [Raus]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
is no one have newer versions
We rarely get a patreon leak before public release for this game.
It's pretty common for not so popular games, or when there's no regular backers.
I thought this was quite a high quality one (like The Smoke Room) and should be popular, but when talking about it, not many peep share the same opinion o_O

MichaelaEV

Aug 4, 2020
We rarely get a patreon leak before public release for this game.
It's pretty common for not so popular games, or when there's no regular backers.
I thought this was quite a high quality one (like The Smoke Room) and should be popular, but when talking about it, not many peep share the same opinion o_O
that really sad though, since like you said, this vn is high quality one

BubbaNoName

Apr 25, 2019
that really sad though, since like you said, this vn is high quality one

Honestly, This is my absolute favorite VN, to which I compare all other to. The writing is solid, with interesting and fleshed out characters, i don't know how Russ was able to keep track of all the misc cross route dialog, which made for several hilarious moments when you put 2 and 2 together... the mechanics, while simple, are so different from the usual button mashing we've trained ourselves to, and the underlying topic is something very serious that everyone can relate to, but especially anyone here will understand ("Are they Really my friends, or are they just using me?")

I look forward to the new release every month with great anticipation....

However, since learning that Burry's Route was complete, I've had a really hard time playing... Not because there is anything wrong with the VN, but because i don't want the story to end. But It's coming to a end. Not that it's a bad thing to end a story on a high note, (Too many great stories are ruined by not ending when they should, but keep going until they are a shadow of their glory), but I still don't want this story to end. and that makes me really sad.

• Sad
Reactions: Bluxel and Sarkath

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Honestly, This is my absolute favorite VN, to which I compare all other to. The writing is solid, with interesting and fleshed out characters, i don't know how Russ was able to keep track of all the misc cross route dialog, which made for several hilarious moments when you put 2 and 2 together... the mechanics, while simple, are so different from the usual button mashing we've trained ourselves to, and the underlying topic is something very serious that everyone can relate to, but especially anyone here will understand ("Are they Really my friends, or are they just using me?")

I look forward to the new release every month with great anticipation....

However, since learning that Burry's Route was complete, I've had a really hard time playing... Not because there is anything wrong with the VN, but because i don't want the story to end. But It's coming to a end. Not that it's a bad thing to end a story on a high note, (Too many great stories are ruined by not ending when they should, but keep going until they are a shadow of their glory), but I still don't want this story to end. and that makes me really sad.
I guess it's one of those games "if you love it it will be on top spot, but for all others it's indifference".
While this is also one of my fav it has so many uniqueness and well-doneness, I can see its niche, like
  • the fun game mechanics is actually pace breaking if you just want a good FVN;
  • the story is kinda forced sometimes;
  • the world-building is not exactly easy to resonate,
  • and the emphasis on dog anatomy/behaviour might be a turn off for some.
Also, it's been a year already and Raus still can't wrap up Rune's route, it won't End anytime soon :p

And when it ends, it means we all can move on, onto another amazing journey(s).
TBH many Dev/Company are denying our satisfaction Of completion / finished, by putting up zombiefied "live service" or "Ongoing forever" shxt.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Shit, this seems interesting. It seems V.28 will have a finished Rune route.
But given Raus' wording, I'm not sure I wanna see the Endings atm :eek:
(BTW, another amazing dev that not good at drawing human :LOL:
+w3f0P.png

StrayGege

Aug 24, 2022
Shit, this seems interesting. It seems V.28 will have a finished Rune route.
But given Raus' wording, I'm not sure I wanna see the Endings atm :eek:
(BTW, another amazing dev that not good at drawing human :LOL:
View attachment 2200234
Woah! It's out already! I immediately went to leave "awoo" on the dev's twitter post lol.
(For those that don't know, for every ten "awoos" left on the dev's twitter post, they cut the waiting time for the public release by one day! So help guys!)

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Woah! It's out already! I immediately went to leave "awoo" on the dev's twitter post lol.
(For those that don't know, for every ten "awoos" left on the dev's twitter post, they cut the waiting time for the public release by one day! So help guys!)
And Raus kinda cheated so only up to 200 awoo counts (so we can only cut 20 days, with still 10 days waiting :LOL:
It's already 152, looks like people really wanna see Rune Fuck.
For anyone who still wanna see the Tweet

StrayGege

Aug 24, 2022
And Raus kinda cheated so only up to 200 awoo counts (so we can only cut 20 days, with still 10 days waiting :LOL:
It's already 152, looks like people really wanna see Rune Fuck.
For anyone who still wanna see the Tweet
191 right now, lol!
I was disappointed when I saw Raus set a limit, but I can kinda understand! I mean, there are people who paid on Patreon to play the newest update, and it just wouldn't be fair to us to get it for free in just a day or two. So, like, it sucks that we still have to wait, but it's understandable.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
191 right now, lol!
I was disappointed when I saw Raus set a limit, but I can kinda understand! I mean, there are people who paid on Patreon to play the newest update, and it just wouldn't be fair to us to get it for free in just a day or two. So, like, it sucks that we still have to wait, but it's understandable.
I don't mind the wait at all. I didn't pay him anything :LOL:
Remember Raus doesn't even have to do this. "Awoo" a tweet doen't gain popularises as "re-tweet+like" would.
(Yes, it exceed 200 limit now

Reactions: fuckmeah

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
I'm curious about this too. I didn't see anyone answer this question everywhere I've looked...
Then you should read the actual update posts. In this regard, the creator states that this update only includes your MC bottoming, since that's what the Patrons voted for in the poll, but there are plans in the future to allow topping options. Likely for all routes eventually.

Mar 9, 2018
Then you should read the actual update posts. In this regard, the creator states that this update only includes your MC bottoming, since that's what the Patrons voted for in the poll, but there are plans in the future to allow topping options. Likely for all routes eventually.
The Patreons are sub/bottoms that crave Furry cock so the majority voted bottom, (even though Rune hinted he wanted MC to top after MC showed off). So for those who want to TOP Rune you will have to wait around 2023 for that update to occur.
Thank you, I did read all of the updated posts on itch.io before this update happened. I actually just checked it again after I found the time, so I feel a bit dumb for asking.
:FacePalm:

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
The Patreons are sub/bottoms that crave Furry cock so the majority voted bottom, (even though Rune hinted he wanted MC to top after MC showed off). So for those who want to TOP Rune you will have to wait around 2023 for that update to occur.
Don't know where all your resentment and prejudice coming from, thinking you are a "TOP dog" and need to talk down "sub/bottoms"?
It's a FVN about Canines, I'd take Dog / Wolf Knot over boring human dicks any day. (I'm a switch but that has nothing to do with it.)
And there's no "Scheduled update" for topping Rune/Burry, Raus just said want to add those down the line.

• Haha
Reactions: NickTH
Jun 5, 2019
Don't know where all your resentment and prejudice coming from, thinking you are a "TOP dog" and need to talk down "sub/bottoms"?
It's a FVN about Canines, I'd take Dog / Wolf Knot over boring human dicks any day. (I'm a switch but that has nothing to do with it.)
And there's no "Scheduled update" for topping Rune/Burry, Raus just said want to add those down the line.
What are you talking about with this (resentment and prejudice coming from, thinking you are a "TOP dog" and need to talk down "sub/bottoms"?) nonsense? Nothing in my post shows any of that of that and I did not talk down to anyone.

Everything I said was a fact & true. Majority of the Patreon voted to bottom which is a fact, it is true & is fine.
Rune hints he would enjoy if MC topped which is also a fact but again that comes down to choices on what MC/Player makes which is fine.
My post mentions nothing about Dog/Wolf knot or humans dick so I see that as redundant and not needed info in your post. All I mention was furry cock which I enjoy in furry games.

Reactions: Smuterella
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes