RPGM Complete shinachiku-castella ~Summer color Koreamono~ (Waiting Kagura Games official translation and appearance of the game in Steam.)

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I also had the very same problem when I MTL-ed the game for myself. Specifically the moaning audio does loop quite often, whether its Saki's or Ryoka's scenes, even during the phone messages. The looping also seems to stop at random, sometimes it stops by itself at no discernible time. Initiating another H-scene also stops it, in order to play the new one. It basically infects your save file, so save/loading doesn't fix it, neither does restarting the game, as long as you load the file that has been "infected". I haven't even attempted to fix the problem as I don't know where to start, but if I had to guess, it's caused by translating some non-dialogue lines, but since the game is massive, it will take some godly patience to go through it all.
Thanks for the great summary and you are exactly right. Something with the calls for sound effects has become distorted or the sound files themselves are distorted and the reason the non MTL version works is because you are downloading a new cluster of audio files. These are my best guesses. The MTL version has something wrong in it. I have huge doubts it is the files because of the symptoms but you troubleshoot the easiest stuff first no matter how unlikely because it might just work.

I'll admit, is a very strange issue, very strange and possibly too big for an amateur to fix. I have never seen translator ++ touch audio files before or their calls; The program isn't designed to touch those quite frankly. iI is programmed to only pull text blocks from RPGM and translate those then put them back where they belong. That being said this is a unique game and there are a few things when I looked inside it that were done that I've never seen before. So I have a few theories on solutions. Due to how the game was designed it is highly likely there is a unique call that is being translated for some reason. Given I did not make the translation and it is fucking huge I have no insight into the problem.

Best approach would be to replace the audio files and try again and see if the problem persists on a new save. I expect it will not help though. After that the next approach and most consuming one would be to take a fresh copy of the game and play up till a point you can get the scene make sure it works. Then slowly replace the files for the game with the MTL and test. Once you start having the audio glitch you remember what the last file was you input and start there. This is a crap shoot but very effective. it is a crap shoot because you could get lucky and find it on your first file, or you could get unlucky and find it on the last one. Either way it is a very big undertaking much like you pointed out.

I will try and make time to explore the problem but I have doubts that I can tackle this alone. The game is too big and I am a patient man, but a game this big is a colossal undertaking even for me.

Jul 7, 2018
Thanks for the great summary and you are exactly right. Something with the calls for sound effects has become distorted or the sound files themselves are distorted and the reason the non MTL version works is because you are downloading a new cluster of audio files. These are my best guesses. The MTL version has something wrong in it. I have huge doubts it is the files because of the symptoms but you troubleshoot the easiest stuff first no matter how unlikely because it might just work.

I'll admit, is a very strange issue, very strange and possibly too big for an amateur to fix. I have never seen translator ++ touch audio files before or their calls; The program isn't designed to touch those quite frankly. iI is programmed to only pull text blocks from RPGM and translate those then put them back where they belong. That being said this is a unique game and there are a few things when I looked inside it that were done that I've never seen before. So I have a few theories on solutions. Due to how the game was designed it is highly likely there is a unique call that is being translated for some reason. Given I did not make the translation and it is fucking huge I have no insight into the problem.

Best approach would be to replace the audio files and try again and see if the problem persists on a new save. I expect it will not help though. After that the next approach and most consuming one would be to take a fresh copy of the game and play up till a point you can get the scene make sure it works. Then slowly replace the files for the game with the MTL and test. Once you start having the audio glitch you remember what the last file was you input and start there. This is a crap shoot but very effective. it is a crap shoot because you could get lucky and find it on your first file, or you could get unlucky and find it on the last one. Either way it is a very big undertaking much like you pointed out.

I will try and make time to explore the problem but I have doubts that I can tackle this alone. The game is too big and I am a patient man, but a game this big is a colossal undertaking even for me.
I've actually had an audio problem before with another game (although I can't remember which game it was), where upon translating it via Translator++ the music and SFX played fine, but the voices were absent. Usually in these cases the game gets interrupted by an error message, that it couldn't find the audio(/img, or whatever else) file it was supposed to play, but this time the game kept running, only without the voices. Imagine my surprise after I tried playing the Japanese version only to find out that it had voices all along.

The software obviously isn't perfect and it often leaves errors, but like you said, audio rarely gets touched. In any case thanks for the insight, I doubt I'll bother with it myself, unless I do a straight up translation of the game, which is very unlikely due to its size, honestly unless there was someone incredibly patient (which I'm not), only a company that actually does this for a living, like Kagura Games, should attempt translating this beast.

Reactions: Silentce

crot01012

Mar 18, 2019
As the game is in high demand right now, can anyone who already played it and have the time do a mini guide on how to achieve the core events of the game? We already have some info, but the game looks big.
bro ca u tell me w

FishWitch

Jan 11, 2018

I found that if that loop occurs, if you go into the city, not town or village, it stops the track from looping immediately. It doesn't prevent it from happening again though, because that part does seem random as to when it decides it'll loop

EX765900

Jul 16, 2018

the dev talk about his next work so there won't be DLC for this game ?

Jul 7, 2018
How do I mtl a game? Can someone help me?
There's a software you can dl on the devs patreon for free, called Translator++, just google it. Then select the game's exe trough the software, click on the batch translation button, wait for the process to end and export project and replace the original files, which are in the Data folder.
Depending on which type of RPGmaker the game is made in, there's a process of replacing the file may vary, since some are compressed, which require additional software to unpack them.
Anyway, that's the gist of it, its pretty simple, you'll figure it out once you start, but be ready for the occasional errors which you need to find a way around.

NeZKyMaN

【 Lolicon King 】
Donor
Jun 25, 2018
Considering the title of the topic, I understand that Kagura Games officially announced that it will translate the game? or it just "our hope" for one?

Reactions: Apocryphus

Apocryphus

Oct 15, 2017
Considering the title of the topic, I understand that Kagura Games officially announced that it will translate the game? or it just "our hope" for one?
It's just a hope at this point. Kagura hasn't even announced it's working on this game in the future. His website has an entirely different lineup. better to just learn japanese at this point lmao

NeZKyMaN

【 Lolicon King 】
Donor
Jun 25, 2018
It's just a hope at this point. Kagura hasn't even announced it's working on this game in the future. His website has an entirely different lineup. better to just learn japanese at this point lmao
That's what I meant, so there's no point in waiting for the translation.
I hope Textractor can handle it.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
It has been said before many times but it probably was buried. Kagura Games will NOT translate this because they can't. The developer hired his own in house translation team to do it for a steam release.

Long story short. Kagura Games won't be able to put bugs into this game like they usually do :ROFLMAO:

Nick_1357

Aug 4, 2017
It has been said before many times but it probably was buried. Kagura Games will NOT translate this because they can't. The developer hired his own in house translation team to do it for a steam release.

Long story short. Kagura Games won't be able to put bugs into this game like they usually do :ROFLMAO:
hmm, any info on when it will be released? i hope it won't take a year lol

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
hmm, any info on when it will be released? i hope it won't take a year lol
Well think about about all the games Kagura has planned to translate, if they pick this one it be a long time before it comes out i guess

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Oh, ok - so it will be worth the wait. I thought no one was going to do this.
Nah from what I have seen on other posts this guy went as far as to making physical copies available for his game. I think he knows he has something people want and is looking to make bank lol.

He is smart to want to take care of it inhouse for distribution and localization. full control and full profits.

Also unpopular opinion I know but Kagura games might do work better then most, but they sort of suck at their jobs.

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
is this game longer than tina?
I didn't manage to finish Tina since I've found the progress too slow, but this game has different characters routes and you can't see everthing in one run so there's fairly a decent amount of content if ya wanna clear all routes tbh

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes