RPGM WIP Shisaye's Project List

Muramasa0

Thicc thighs for breakfast
Donor
Jun 25, 2018
Since you mentioned a ".rvdata2" file I'm guessing you are talking about a RPGM Ace game.

The "System.rvdata2" file is mainly for menu labels and font options.
The files that include the basic dialogue are usually the "Commonevents.rvdata2" and the different "Mapxxx.rvdata2" files.
In some special cases they are also inside the "Scripts.rvdata2", the "Troops.rvdata2", or in separate ".sl" files.

The RGSS Script editor is fairly old and inconvenient.
If you really just want to edit dialogue you have several more comfortable tool options.

The most common ones are Translator++(cracked version), The official Ace editor( ), and the .

As for more information, I would first need to know what exactly you are trying to do, and what specific game we are talking about because that engine gives devs plenty of options to do things in needlessly complicated ways.
You are correct in your assumption. I'm trying to mod Warlock and Boobs, the idea is to simply change some of the dialogs and make the game more naughty and kinky. Nothing extremely fancy or complicated.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
You are correct in your assumption. I'm trying to mod Warlock and Boobs, the idea is to simply change some of the dialogs and make the game more naughty and kinky. Nothing extremely fancy or complicated.
The fact that it's dual language might make this a bit annoying to work with, but I've run some tests and Translator++'s V2 parser seems like your best option for simple dialogue.

You've probably already done that, but you make your life a lot easier if you decrypt the game first. Extraction Tutorial

Using Translator++ Ver4.7.30 standard edition 64bit, you just run it and tell it to download the Ace package. (Ignore the "missed updates" message, this is a cracked version, updates do not work)
1.png
You then start a new project using the V2 parser and select the executable of the game.
2.png
This step will take a long time because that game has a huge amount of text. Unless you have some high end monster rig it will seemingly get stuck several times, but just give it 30 minutes, it will eventually finish parsing.
3.png
Now definitely save the project as a ".trans" so if something goes wrong you don't have to go through the initial parsing process again.
4.png
Next go through the different parsed files and put your changes into the cell to the right. It will only ever process the most right cell.
(If something is in "Initial", in "Machine Translation", and in "Better Translation", only the "Better Translation" cell will be used.)
Please keep in mind that you need to take care of word wrapping and formatting. If you make your sentence really long and you don't break it up in multiple lines your text will escape the screen and not actually be fully visible ingame.
5.png
Once you finished your changes you export the project. This will once again take a very long time and seem to be stuck, but it's not, just give it time. Should it actually permanently freeze for more than 1h, then you can also just select which files you want to export at once and make smaller packages.
6.png
And for just changing some basic dialogue without fancy text effects, scripts, popups, or whatever, that's it.
You now have a patch you can extract into the game and permanently apply your changes. (I recommend not actually using the version you parsed with Translator++, and testing on a backup instead.)
7.png

Edit: I obviously don't know if it really successfully got all of the dialogue, but even if it didn't you can then just parse your already modified stuff with a different tool. The only issue might be the dual language stuff because that is not a standard Ace thing. So we don't really know how the game handles choosing the correct dialogue box.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Muramasa0

Muramasa0

Thicc thighs for breakfast
Donor
Jun 25, 2018
The fact that it's dual language might make this a bit annoying to work with, but I've run some tests and Translator++'s V2 parser seems like your best option for simple dialogue.

You've probably already done that, but you make your life a lot easier if you decrypt the game first. Extraction Tutorial

Using Translator++ Ver4.7.30 standard edition 64bit, you just run it and tell it to download the Ace package. (Ignore the "missed updates" message, this is a cracked version, updates do not work)
View attachment 2123338
You then start a new project using the V2 parser and select the executable of the game.
View attachment 2123339
This step will take a long time because that game has a huge amount of text. Unless you have some high end monster rig it will seemingly get stuck several times, but just give it 30 minutes, it will eventually finish parsing.
View attachment 2123340
Now definitely save the project as a ".trans" so if something goes wrong you don't have to go through the initial parsing process again.
View attachment 2123341
Next go through the different parsed files and put your changes into the cell to the right. It will only ever process the most right cell.
(If something is in "Initial", in "Machine Translation", and in "Better Translation", only the "Better Translation" cell will be used.)
Please keep in mind that you need to take care of word wrapping and formatting. If you make your sentence really long and you don't break it up in multiple lines your text will escape the screen and not actually be fully visible ingame.
View attachment 2123342
Once you finished your changes you export the project. This will once again take a very long time and seem to be stuck, but it's not, just give it time. Should it actually permanently freeze for more than 1h, then you can also just select which files you want to export at once and make smaller packages.
View attachment 2123343
And for just changing some basic dialogue without fancy text effects, scripts, popups, or whatever, that's it.
You now have a patch you can extract into the game and permanently apply your changes. (I recommend not actually using the version you parsed with Translator++, and testing on a backup instead.)
View attachment 2123344

Edit: I obviously don't know if it really successfully got all of the dialogue, but even if it didn't you can then just parse your already modified stuff with a different tool. The only issue might be the dual language stuff because that is not a standard Ace thing. So we don't really know how the game handles choosing the correct dialogue box.
This is way more than helpful. I really appreciate you taking the time to explore the game and putting up the tutorial, thanks a bunch!

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've come to the conclusion that It's pretty stupid to keep taking DMTL requests If I'm not even sure if I can finish the currently queued ones at a reasonable quality until mid 2023. So DMTL requests are now fully closed until I reach the end of the current queue.

There's also serious Issues with DeepL right now, at least in the 2 games I'm currently working on.
Initial DeepL translation quality is barely better than Google-translate and I have to make more manual translation than just the usual 10%.

I'm trying to speed things up by using a different parser for DeepL, but it feels like every time one problem gets fixed it creates two more.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017

bound&gagged

Oct 21, 2022
Shisaye can I make a request and apologies if it breaks rules (it sh to my knowledge) can u translate welcome to the lewd forest
I currently only take SLRMTL requests because I have a massive DMTL request backlog.
Do you want to request a SLRMTL?
Okay, I suppose! Sorry if this is a stupid question, what's the difference between the two? Is it easier to translate games using SLR but the tradeoff is lower quality?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Okay, I suppose! Sorry if this is a stupid question, what's the difference between the two? Is it easier to translate games using SLR but the tradeoff is lower quality?
DMTLs are based on the DeepL Neural translator and I manually proofread and edit them. While they cannot replace a proper translation, they come fairly close. They take several weeks to make.

SLRMTLs are based on the Levi Sugoi Neural translator model and are almost fully automated. Sugoi produces a worse translation than DeepL, but it's a lot more consistent and almost never crashes, which is why it can be used for (almost) fully automated stuff.
That is why making an SLRMTL usually only takes a few days to make and does not seriously impede my workflow.

As a result I can still take requests and quickly fulfill requests of SLRMTLs right now even though I still have a DMTL backlog until roughly mid 2023, but of course if you seriously care about the story it's not a super great option.

bound&gagged

Oct 21, 2022
DMTLs are based on the DeepL Neural translator and I manually proofread and edit them. While they cannot replace a proper translation, they come fairly close. They take several weeks to make.

SLRMTLs are based on the Levi Sugoi Neural translator model and are almost fully automated. Sugoi produces a worse translation than DeepL, but it's a lot more consistent and almost never crashes, which is why it can be used for (almost) fully automated stuff.
That is why making an SLRMTL usually only takes a few days to make and does not seriously impede my workflow.

As a result I can still take requests and quickly fulfill requests of SLRMTLs right now even though I still have a DMTL backlog until roughly mid 2023, but of course if you seriously care about the story it's not a super great option.
Okay! I'd like to request a SLRMTL for now. However, if possible, could I still request for the game to be added to your list of DMTL requests?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Okay! I'd like to request a SLRMTL for now.
Alright I'll put in the Translation-Request thread once it's done.
could I still request for the game to be added to your list of DMTL requests?
No. The point of not taking requests is not making any promises. I have no idea if I'm even still here in 8 months, or however long it takes.
Also the game has 640k characters to translate, so it's too long to fit my "current" DMTL request rules.
Feel free to contact me again when I actually take DMTL requests again.
You can find request status updates here.

Edit: Surprisingly easy formatting, I've already finished it.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: bound&gagged

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Right, so someone was working on this but hasn't responded in a while but I still want to put this one as I think this needs some attention. I request SLRMTL translation for this game please:
https://f95zone.to/threads/no-captive-of-evil-studio-neko-kick.122632/
His last post about it was only 2 months ago and manual translations take a lot of time.
Are you sure he's dead and not just taking a break?
Since there's already 2 other MTLs in that thread I'll process your request anyway, but if he gets upset it's your fault and stuff.

Edit: Finished.

Last edited:
Reactions: Longhairlover010

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
How long until I can request other games to be translated?
You can request all you want, but obviously if I have something else to do and I just processed something from you I'll do the other stuff first.
Right now I'm working on the mosaic removal mod for Captive of Evil and a SLRMTL for Cucktales.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
:KEK:
Well I did say all you want I suppose.

I need to check every one of those first whether, or not, they're actually hopeless.

Edit: I'm going to assume you sorted those in priority. So I will process the first one, then process the request of someone else, then process the second one, then process the request of someone else, then process the third one, and so on.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Aug 24, 2020

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017