RPGM WIP Shisaye's Project List

ilego

Dec 8, 2018
DMTLs are based on the DeepL Neural translator and I manually proofread and edit them. While they cannot replace a proper translation, they come fairly close. They take several weeks to make.

SLRMTLs are based on the Levi Sugoi Neural translator model and are almost fully automated. Sugoi produces a worse translation than DeepL, but it's a lot more consistent and almost never crashes, which is why it can be used for (almost) fully automated stuff.
That is why making an SLRMTL usually only takes a few days to make and does not seriously impede my workflow.

As a result I can still take requests and quickly fulfill requests of SLRMTLs right now even though I still have a DMTL backlog until roughly mid 2023, but of course if you seriously care about the story it's not a super great option.
Shisaye apologies for late reply and i thank you if you still willing

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Btw just in case someone is wondering why on earth I have a BuyMeACoffee page now:

First of all that means absolutely nothing, No practical change whatsoever.

Simply put some people asked me to make that page (but at the same time told me they wouldn't even donate themselves), and until that page would reach the money threshold for me to be able withdraw something, they don't ask me for any personal information.
So I didn't loose anything making it.
I have absolutely no plans to put anything behind a paywall.
That goes completely against the idea of being the cleanup crew for hopeless games and considering this is mostly a piracy site I highly doubt someone would be willing to donate in the first place.
It basically just exists for the sake of existing, because in the unlikely event that someone actually wants to give me money, I would be an idiot not to take it, given the current economical situation. :HideThePain:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
After having already used several weeks on working on "Ayame in the Shadows" I've just realized that it violates the rules of this forum.
The bit I'm translating right now is not even subtle about it.
Multiple people had requested that game and I should mention why it's no longer on my to-do list, but I really don't want to start an argument about Rule 7. I'm neither a Moderator, nor Staff, so it's pointless to talk about it here.
meh.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Whotfisthis

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I know this site's translation section is pretty dead since a few months and so it's not very surprising (I watch hundreds of threads and barely anyone even spams +1 anymore), but I'm getting a bit frustrated.
I've got basically finished DMTLs for:

Belial Red
Wife Tsuma Uninhabited Island
Infiltration into the entertainment district of Rudil

But nobody including the person who originally requested them seems to be willing to actually play-test them.
It does not feel particularly motivating to put a bunch of time in a project that was a direct request, but then apparently nobody gives a shit.

Since those are already done I'm just going to keep them in my "Paused" list until someone actually wants to use them.
As for all other still requested DMTLs (without a confirmed tester), meaning:

Delinquent Schoolgirl Anri
Lust! Urge to Urinate!
Paiz Kingdom (That one doesn't even have a Translation-Request thread yet.)

I will give people 2 weeks to tell me that they actually still give a shit about them, and if they don't I'll make SLRMTLs for them instead.

DMTLs should be reserved for special cases, considering the amount of extra work they take isn't really in proportion with the quality of the result, and my current situation doesn't really allow me to have a lot of free time anymore, so I really don't want to feel like I'm wasting it.

I just wanted to fulfill already made promises.

KnyteWraith

Mar 23, 2019
I'd be willing to playtest anything for you.
I don't want to see all your hard work be wasted.

PS: have a personal interest in Delinquent Schoolgirl Anri. Please don't give it up

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I'd be willing to playtest anything for you.
I don't want to see all your hard work be wasted.

PS: have a personal interest in Delinquent Schoolgirl Anri. Please don't give it up
I have mixed feelings about a blank offer like that because I would need you to make a full playthrough and if you're not actually interested in a specific one of them that could be quite a chore.
There's usually a reason a game never found a proper translator and ended up on my list. I'm not saying that all games on my list are bad, but most of them are very niche.

Does one of the 3 games actually appeal to you?
Or are you in general simply determined to play it no matter what the hell it is?

Whotfisthis

May 30, 2021
How much play time is needed for play testing?
Enough play time to reach one of a game's endings?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
How much play time is needed for play testing?
Enough play time to reach one of a game's endings?
Well, technically all endings. It's not just about finding crashes it's also about finding missing, or bad, translations. How would you fully judge that if you've never seen them?

But I guess one "normal" playthrough would be enough to deem it safe to publish the prototype it in the Translation-Request thread.
The full testing is only really required for a Game-Release thread.

Reactions: Whotfisthis

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Didn't see the edit because I didn't refresh the page.
Okay I'll contact you about it then when Anri is done, but that game already has a Game-Release thread.
The second I put something in the Translation-Request thread it would be used to replace the Google MTL in the game thread.
So if you want me to work on it you need to be willing to 100% it.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
While I still have 8 active projects, they are either waiting for a tester, are currently in testing, or its up in the air if I'm still going to work on them at all, but I'm still not going to take new DMTL requests.
Instead I'm going to go down my list of old Google MTLs I've made a while ago and slowly replace all of them with SLR.

I understand that they are not fully obsolete because not everyone likes MTool and so I shouldn't just get rid of them without a replacement, but I kinda no longer want awful Google MTLs to have my name on them. :HideThePain:

Last edited:

KnyteWraith

Mar 23, 2019
I'm willing to 100% Anri again with a translation by you.(y)

But if it's at the bottom of your to-do list, no rush

ilego

Dec 8, 2018
Do you want to request a SLRMTL? If so, for what game?
Please post a link to the Translation-Request thread.
Shisaye can I make a request and apologies if it breaks rules (it sh to my knowledge) can u translate welcome to the lewd forest
Okay, I suppose! Sorry if this is a stupid question, what's the difference between the two? Is it easier to translate games using SLR but the tradeoff is lower quality?
Alright I'll put in the Translation-Request thread once it's done.

No. The point of not taking requests is not making any promises. I have no idea if I'm even still here in 8 months, or however long it takes.
Also the game has 640k characters to translate, so it's too long to fit my "current" DMTL request rules.
Feel free to contact me again when I actually take DMTL requests again.
You can find request status updates here.

Edit: Surprisingly easy formatting, I've already finished it.
was conversation where u already answered me so never mind

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I know people at this point are probably tired of my dumb confusing format names, but I'm working on yet another one that will "potentially" replace both SLRMTL and DMTL completely. Being pretty much exactly in the middle quality/effort wise.
I'm not sure yet how I actually wanna call it, because by my usual naming sheme it would be a little silly.

The issue is I want people to know what they're looking at so just calling everything DMTL isn't helpful while still pretty bad old DMTLs are around.

But basically my newest Frankstein monster format prototype thing is a Sugoi (The model is no longer called Levi), DeepL hybrid MTL, used with a batchtranslator based on Reddo9999's work, additionally processed with a series of Javascripts I wrote myself, then run through a few tools that were made specifically for me by some people based on Python and then at the end everything Manually checked for errors.

So it would be SDRJPMMTL. :KEK:
Maybe I should stop and just call them "edited MTL" again. :FacePalm:

Edit: Maybe SRSMTL so it's a pun again.
To stand for Sugoi Reddo9999 Shisaye Machine Translation, since the DeepL bit is pretty minor (Like 15%), and the rest is stuff specific to me.

Last edited:

Whotfisthis

May 30, 2021
I know people at this point are probably tired of my dumb confusing format names, but I'm working on yet another one that will "potentially" replace both SLRMTL and DMTL completely. Being pretty much exactly in the middle quality/effort wise.
I'm not sure yet how I actually wanna call it, because by my usual naming sheme it would be a little silly.

The issue is I want people to know what they're looking at so just calling everything DMTL isn't helpful while still pretty bad old DMTLs are around.

But basically my newest Frankstein monster format prototype thing is a Sugoi (The model is no longer called Levi), DeepL hybrid MTL, used with a batchtranslator based on Reddo9999's work, additionally processed with a series of Javascripts I wrote myself, then run through a few tools that were made specifically for me by some people based on Python and then at the end everything Manually checked for errors.

So it would be SDRJPMMTL. :KEK:
Maybe I should stop and just call them "edited MTL" again. :FacePalm:

Edit: Maybe SRSMTL so it's a pun again.
To stand for Sugoi Reddo9999 Shisaye Machine Translation, since the DeepL bit is pretty minor (Like 15%), and the rest is stuff specific to me.
Go with SRSMTL lmao. SeRiouSMTL
Also since it's middling quality wise I suppose it's faster than both SLRMTL and DMTL yes?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Go with SRSMTL lmao. SeRiouSMTL
Also since it's middling quality wise I suppose it's faster than both SLRMTL and DMTL yes?
No I meant a general middle between DMTL and SLRMTL.
In the sense that it's much faster than a DMTL, but slower than a SLRMTL.
Better translation quality than a SLRMTL, but still worse than my recent DMTLs.

I'm trying to find a sweet-spot in required work and quality of result.
I understand that not everyone is happy with the performance of SLR, but I simply cannot justify spending weeks or even months translating a project without any compensation anymore.
While I have that BuyMeaCoffee page I highly doubt that I'll ever even reach the threshold required to be able to withdraw something there, and so I'm trying to make this as effective as possible. So I can keep doing it even if everything around me is kinda falling apart.

(This post is not meant to be negative, I just suck at explaining things. :KEK:)

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I first wanted to update all old Google MTLs to SLR, but that is still 52 more, and while obviously much better than Google it seems a bit stupid to make 52 more SLRMTLs while I already have the groundwork for something with higher quality.
But making SRS prototypes to replace those old Google MTLs in dead threads is also a dumb idea because nobody is going to give me any feedback on them. I wont even know if they work.

So basically if anyone knows a game that they want to have a decent translation tell me. Only requirement is that you have to actually play it and you need to be able to evaluate the translation quality. (You need to have basic English skills.)

Until someone brings something up I'll just continue the SLR train, simply because I know that format is not buggy and so it's safe to put those in dead threads.

Edit: That obviously includes requesting a better remake of an existing translation, like early DMTLs with a bunch of repeating text. Ultimately I want all my translations to be on the same level, or at least to be just slightly worse than my best DMTLs.

Edit: Idea mostly scrapped.

Last edited:
Reactions: NeoGenesis

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Just noticed that some people in the game section started using DMTL to just say DeepL MTL and there's actually 2 threads tagged that way that do not actually use a translation from me. (One seems to not be edited at all.)
That's what I get for using bad names. :HideThePain:

I think I will stop using the names outside of this thread, or the patch file names, and unless it's basically "raw" like a SLR I'll just write out fully what it is again in the Translation-Request threads. In game threads I'll switch everything to a generic "Edited MTL".

In hindsight it was kinda childish trying to establish those names as "only mine" to a general audience, but I mean I'm doing this stuff for "fun" so why should I take it super seriously. The joke was that it's not just DeepL MTL but a MTL with a big D(ick). (Very mature I know.)

Also I think I'm going to ignore that Levi is an outdated model now and I'll just keep calling everything Sugoi based and automated SLR regardless of model, and everything heavily edited SRS. Those seem less likely to be confused than just 1 letter before MTL.
I mean we've reached a level of quality that there's not that much that can even change in the future.

I've usually avoided saying stuff like that, but my latest heavily edited translations would be "proper" translations if there wouldn't be the "she/he/him/her" mixups anymore.
The only people still complaining about them are morons who don't understand the concept of a translation being depended on the source not being written badly.
It's not the job of the translator to rewrite a shitty story to be decent.
One of my translation projects was literally manually translated and then proofread by 3 other people, it didn't even have any mixups or grammar errors anymore. That was a 5 month project. It got the exactly same amount of complaints and praise as my much less polished translations. One dude literally wrote it would be "barely above a raw MTL".

Long story short I don't think I will change format names again because on the edited side we are looking at only incremental improvements to be had, and the not heavily edited stuff is already at the "you can follow the story without getting stuck" level and that's the only thing that matters with those.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
As for the SRS format, while working on 2 right now (Delinquent Schoolgirl Anri and Inferior Genes 2.0) and having evaluated it again, I'm scrapping the in between idea again.
It's dumb.
Instead of half arsing proofreading for something a little better than SLR I will keep it as a fully edited format. Basically a direct DMTL replacement.
SLR will automatically improve overtime anyway, because I keep adding new stuff to the cleanup script and use newer Sugoi models.

But I've also decided that I will not take requests for the SRS format at all.
You can make suggestions, but ultimately it needs to be a project I actually care about myself.
Nobody is paying me, this is just supposed to be fun, and reading and editing the entire script of a game I'm not interested in isn't fun.