RPGM WIP Shisaye's Project List

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I just realized I used pretty bad wording in the second option of the poll. (But of course I cannot edit it anymore)
I obviously do not consider a DMTL to be fully finished if it still has bugs (caused by the DMTL).
I pretty much exclusively meant stuff like not translated picture based text, or floating map text.
Stuff that is super annoying to translate.

Bloemkool

Aug 13, 2017
I just realized I used pretty bad wording in the second option of the poll. (But of course I cannot edit it anymore)
I obviously do not consider a DMTL to be fully finished if it still has bugs (caused by the DMTL).
I pretty much exclusively meant stuff like not translated picture based text, or floating map text.
Stuff that is super annoying to translate.
Everything translated is nice but as long as it is understandable so far as what is happening or how to do things then that'll do.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I just started processing Ayame in the Shadow and I'm pretty stunned at the absolute mess in there. This dev did not have a single fuck to give.
I said I'm going to work on it and I will, but I think this is going to be more of a long term "On/Off" type of project, so I don't jump off a bridge.

TLDR: This is going to take a while.

Reactions: virio

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I guess at this point it's fair to say that the poll wont flip to "No" anymore.
So far 87,7% voted yes. I honestly expected a much more mixed result.
I will give it another day so it has been up for a full week, and hopefully passes 50 votes, to look more representative.
Then I will contact staff about it, and ask how to proceed (or not to proceed).

Ganban

Aug 1, 2018
The only scenario in which I would ever approve of MTL releases is when an MTL tag is added and made mandatory for all such releases so I can immediately know that they're not worth downloading.

Reactions: lastcorn and tekina

NeoGenesis

Jan 3, 2018
I can agree with people not liking raw Mtls, tho its still better than nothing. As for the DMTL Shisaye makes its closer to edited mtl which is quite understandable in my experience.

Reactions: japayue28 and virio

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I can agree with people not liking raw Mtls, tho its still better than nothing. As for the DMTL Shisaye makes its closer to edited mtl which is quite understandable in my experience.
Don't engage with those. It doesn't matter anymore, besides considering the consistent first 6 days of the poll, I've talked with multiple people and I've made up my mind.
The poll wasn't even needed in the first place.
Instead I should have simply looked at all the different Game-Release threads that already exist with my work in them.
Besides a tiny minority of "MTLs are worse than Hitler" people, the response is clearly overwhelmingly positive.

It's free stuff after all.

Edit: Btw in case you weren't aware, all DMTLs are edited MTLs.
Raw DeepL is pretty terrible because of all the errors. I usually do 2 full passes fixing broken sentences. My stuff is roughly 80% DeepL 15% Google and 5% manual translations.

Last edited:

NeoGenesis

Jan 3, 2018
Don't engage with those. It doesn't matter anymore, besides considering the consistent first 6 days of the poll, I've talked with multiple people and I've made up my mind.
The poll wasn't even needed in the first place.
Instead I should have simply looked at all the different Game-Release threads that already exist with my work in them.
Besides a tiny minority of "MTLs are worse than Hitler" people, the response is clearly overwhelmingly positive.

It's free stuff after all.

Edit: Btw in case you weren't aware, all DMTLs are edited MTLs.
Raw DeepL is pretty terrible because of all the errors. I usually do 2 full passes fixing broken sentences. My stuff is roughly 80% DeepL 15% Google and 5% manual translations.
Oh, that's an eye opener. I thought DMTLs are using DeepLs more advanced translations and mostly program focused with less editing while edited MTLs are raw mtls which have been manually edited and revised.

Maybe its a better idea to call all DMTLs edited MTLs if its the same cuz people seem to rant less if its tagged as edited mtl.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Oh, that's an eye opener. I thought DMTLs are using DeepLs more advanced translations and mostly program focused with less editing while edited MTLs are raw mtls which have been manually edited and revised.

Maybe its a better idea to call all DMTLs edited MTLs if its the same cuz people seem to rant less if its tagged as edited mtl.
Tried that before. I've asked one of the Uploaders to edit the OP of one of the threads to say "edited MTL" and the folk crying about "MTL" were exactly the same until the moderators cleaned up.

Also why should I even try to make that loud minority happy?
They're literally complaining about something provided to them for free "not being perfect enough",
or me "potentially reducing the chance" that someone will provide them with something more perfect for free.

In general I've been taking this all way too seriously.
It's not like I get payed for this.

Reactions: NeoGenesis

NeoGenesis

Jan 3, 2018
Tried that before. I've asked one of the Uploaders to edit the OP of one of the threads to say "edited MTL" and the folk crying about "MTL" were exactly the same until the moderators cleaned up.

Also why should I even try to make that loud minority happy?
They're literally complaining about something provided to them for free "not being perfect enough",
or me "potentially reducing the chance" that someone will provide them with something more perfect for free.

In general I've been taking this all way too seriously.
It's not like I get payed for this.
Good point, as you said better to ignore em. I guess the ranting is a given and trying to please everyone will just make it harder.

Ganban

Aug 1, 2018
You know in terms of this poll you've got it in a thread about MTLs that doesn't mention in the title your plan to release a bunch of MTLs in threads, so naturally most people opposed to MTLs aren't going to be inclined to even open this thread in the first place, right?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
You know in terms of this poll you've got it in a thread about MTLs that doesn't mention in the title your plan to release a bunch of MTLs in threads, so naturally most people opposed to MTLs aren't going to be inclined to even open this thread in the first place, right?
Most people using this site never interact with anything and just download the free stuff. You could make the argument the other way around, that only someone strongly opposed to it would even bother to vote.

Making a truly representative poll on a site like this is basically impossible anyway.

Moderators have already used 15 of my works for game threads without my involvement, they do not need to be convinced.
The point of this was to check if the people following me think it's a good idea, if it would benefit them, because I personally had doubts and of course this would mean additional work for me.

I do not even remotely care about the crowd that completely dismisses everything MTL.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Last edited:

Spermasahne

Apr 7, 2021
Moderators have already used 15 of my works for game threads without my involvement, they do not need to be convinced.
The point of this was to check if the people following me think it's a good idea, if it would benefit them, because I personally had doubts and of course this would mean additional work for me.
Yeah if you don't want that, this really can be annoying, they did this 1-2 times with me and my Edited MTL's too xD

• Hey there
Reactions: Shisaye

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Yeah if you don't want that, this really can be annoying, they did this 1-2 times with me and my Edited MTL's too xD
I wouldn't mind if they would at least bother to update them, but half of those threads are outdated garbage. :(

Arima Bery

Dec 16, 2017
I can't find the latest version 1.02 anywhere. Do you have a link?

v1.02 May 09, 2022
Balance adjustment and bugfixes.

v1.01 May 01, 2022
Fixed a problems that prevented returning from the reminiscence map. Some notation errors are corrected.
aw sadly cant find one yet xD

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
That game has almost 1,5 million characters to translate, (A first test wanted to send 300, 5000 character batches.) way above my 500k limit.
Also I'm honored that you seem to think more highly of my stuff, but isn't that already a somewhat edited MTL by a dude with a patreon? I'm not sure I could even make a meaningful difference.

Reactions: Ndsjade