JoltyBlue

Jun 9, 2022
Will translator ++ work for shrift, if not how long will a translation patch take or is there anything else that works?

Deleted member 3931217

Jul 15, 2021
Will translator ++ work for shrift, if not how long will a translation patch take or is there anything else that works?
expect atleast 6months for a manual translation. Btw I added the download link to my previous post, if you want to download the game. I am not sure if the mtool free version will work on shrift 2, translation file is too big.

Deleted member 3931217

Jul 15, 2021
If affects earlier saves too even if you haven't entered the hospital and I'm not doing the whole game again just for trying a shitty designed fight all over again.
The fact that you even have to do all that shit just for losing a fight is baffling.
I'll just wait until either someone posts a clean save before the fight or a full gallery save.
thanks good to know. Are there any more difficult bosses? I can make a guide tomorrow.

Edit: Im pretty sure that ive read that he changed how savefiles work. So your backup can be affected too. A zip will be probably enough.

Darkloki008

Nov 15, 2018
during the passage, I was able to open only 1 boss, so I will wait for the save with the full gallery (I played for a full fetishist)

bruhpenis

Nov 11, 2019
Here's what hopefully should be a clean save before the rose boss fight, I grabbed a save someone posted here and pretty much speedran the whole thing till I reached her with MTool so if there's any glitches that's probably why.

EDIT:
Actually nevermind, the guy I grabbed the save off had all "proclivities" maxed out so you will instantly lose regardless.
What a trash boss.

Last edited:

hamsterus

Aug 18, 2018
I really don't understand why people are complaining so much. I haven't found Rose to be any harder than previous bosses. If you don't skip every single message, you will be told how to win the fight. After you dodge the first 2 attacks, it's a 8-9 turns fight at most.

kayest

Jan 17, 2021
If affects earlier saves too even if you haven't entered the hospital and I'm not doing the whole game again just for trying a shitty designed fight all over again.
The fact that you even have to do all that shit just for losing a fight is baffling.
I'll just wait until either someone posts a clean save before the fight or a full gallery save.
it worked for me i lost to rose multiple time/closed the game befor i lose replace my saves with my backups not just the saves like file1 all of it from file1 to common config and global and from the games view i never fight rose yet on the backups

bruhpenis

Nov 11, 2019
I really don't understand why people are complaining so much. I haven't found Rose to be any harder than previous bosses. If you don't skip every single message, you will be told how to win the fight. After you dodge the first 2 attacks, it's a 8-9 turns fight at most.
The problem is that if you happen to lose to her (which people going in blind will do since this is mostly a scripted fight until you do the safety device thing) you are gonna get stuck with the eye debuff.
And according to what I could decipher on the dev's cien it's currently bugged so it seems you can't remove it

oreaimi

Sep 17, 2023
pretty much *any* MTL that directly edits the games file will be completely incompatible, the files that need to be translated have a lot of script calls in there too, and certain words act as keywords (afaik) and will break when translated - i tried doing a MTL when this game first released but gave up and used Textractor instead, so either use that or wait until the fan translation gets updated. MTool may work though, depending on if it modifies game files or not

123bandit

Aug 6, 2021
pretty much *any* MTL that directly edits the games file will be completely incompatible, the files that need to be translated have a lot of script calls in there too, and certain words act as keywords (afaik) and will break when translated - i tried doing a MTL when this game first released but gave up and used Textractor instead, so either use that or wait until the fan translation gets updated. MTool may work though, depending on if it modifies game files or not
so wait 6 month?

Iza'

Aug 27, 2018
People complaining about Rose's bossfight? I didn't encountered anything weird about her. All you need to do is to follow the procedures and then, the real fight begins.

Honestly, I felt like the bosses on Shrift 2 second chapter are much easier to deal with than the Shrift one's. Altho I can't say this for sure since we didnt got Charybdis yet.

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
The problem is that if you happen to lose to her (which people going in blind will do since this is mostly a scripted fight until you do the safety device thing) you are gonna get stuck with the eye debuff.
And according to what I could decipher on the dev's cien it's currently bugged so it seems you can't remove it
does it genuinely break your save or does it do something like force a really bad debuff on you?
It gives you a debuff that makes you instantly lose the fight with no way to remove it.
People complaining about Rose's bossfight? I didn't encountered anything weird about her. All you need to do is to follow the procedures and then, the real fight begins.

Honestly, I felt like the bosses on Shrift 2 second chapter are much easier to deal with than the Shrift one's. Altho I can't say this for sure since we didnt got Charybdis yet.
So first off, with this game (and really any game that fancies Meta Save shenanigans), it's best to always back up your entire Save folder (and any files that retain variables in a Save fashion). Also make sure you backup outside of that game folder (as a separate folder), if you simply make a "backup" Save on another save slot, that won't backup your Meta Save information). Luckily, in this game, all of that is relegated to the Save folder, so it's easy to back up that part, albeit maybe a tad bit annoying to switch in the save folder each time you need it (I still do this for both this game and Shrift 1, as I like to play around the End Room for Scenes, slowly corrupting myself, but then I also want to have fresh starts).

I might make a Mod for this though, attempting to implement a Meta Save Switch into this game (and maybe a similar mod for the previous one), I'll update with info when I get around to it (after first finishing Ch2 ofc).

I don't think the Rose fight is "bugged" per say (at least in the normal fashion), more likely that the Dev didn't think (or see through playtests) about the edge-case of a player losing their first fight to her, and thus have no means to remove her debuff, basically locking you out of progress (still a bad game design situation). Probably will be fixed in a patch soon enough.

If anyone fucked their main save, with no backups of it, I recommend using MTool to cheat their way through the fight (it is possible to also Add/Remove Buffs/Debuffs (Actor-> States) through the tool).

Anyone have a translator that’s free for when chap 2 comes on here (I don’t care for quality as long as it’s readable)
expect atleast 6months for a manual translation. Btw I added the download link to my previous post, if you want to download the game. I am not sure if the mtool free version will work on shrift 2, translation file is too big.
so wait 6 month?
I can confirm MTool works with the game (or at least worked with Ch1, will test soon for Ch2 but it shouldn't have any issues), and generally MTool works with 99.99% of games (and only growing), as it only modifies the text "at runtime" (as in, if you run the game without MTool opened, game is still left untranslated).

If the Translation size is too big for the Free Tiers, there is a workaround, provided you have Sugoi Toolkit (they provide, once every few months, for a limited time, free links to their tool). MTool allows you to Export the Translation File, so that you can manually edit it, and then Load Translation File yourself (although you'd need to manually Load that File each time you restart the tool with the game; Still, a good workaround).

Sugoi Toolkit now has a File Translator, although if you use it directly, it might fuck up the Translation File's formatting. However, on the Discord server for Sugoi, people made Scripts to essentially convert from MTool format of the file to a file for Sugoi to translate and back, and I went through and compiled those Scripts in an easier way to use. You can find that compilation of Scripts (with Instructions on how to use it between the 2 programs) ( on the "For (Machine) Translation" category, click the "Scripts for MTool..." text).

One issue that this method has is that, if there's text between double quotes, it won't get translated. That's due to how the Translation File's formatted at the current. However, in my experience, Japanese games rarely use Quotes, they instead use their fancy symbols, so that shouldn't be a common occurence.

I might also share soon the final (Machine'd by Sugoi) Translation File to load into MTool in that way (so that you don't need to go through the Sugoi process, which can take an amount of time), as a one-off for this game (since I don't wanna intrude on the MTool Dev's profits).

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes