TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Thanks for the quick and helpful advice man!! :D(y)
The NPC said that getting assists "may" affect my ending but it didn't say that it would DESTROY THE CHANCES OF ME GETTING THE TRUE MERCY ENDING!!!! I maxed out the girls and this is what I get!! Thanks for telling me that. I just need to remove the NG+ benefits and select "Start from the beginning?"
Yeah, just select "Disable NG+ Benefits" and then New Game. Feel free to go through NG+ Enabled new game though to get the extra weapons and such just to make your life easier.

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
Thanks for the quick and helpful advice man!! :D(y)
The NPC said that getting assists "may" affect my ending but it didn't say that it would DESTROY THE CHANCES OF ME GETTING THE TRUE MERCY ENDING!!!! I maxed out the girls and this is what I get!! Thanks for telling me that. I just need to remove the NG+ benefits and select "Start from the beginning?"
Yes, just remove NG+ benefits and start from the beginning. As they said, befriend all girls, max their affection and don't use assist points so you'll get TM ending

avientone

Jun 23, 2020
I mean what if I fight her and whittle her health down? Can I spare her?
You can fight the various Echo's until you make it to the dead guy. Just don't kill anyone and holster your weapon immediately on the last Echo who will trigger a scene after you decide not to use the powder and start walking away.

avientone

Jun 23, 2020
Yes, just remove NG+ benefits and start from the beginning. As they said, befriend all girls, max their affection and don't use assist points so you'll get TM ending
Sounds good to me. The only other thing that I think I missed was getting Nina's last Compendim scene and that Buddha statue or god whatever to make the new armor, and don't forget the magic frame. SO MUCH MISSED!! Anybody know about these?

Last edited:

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
but i bugged my save so i dont have the loss scenes from the dlc and it thinks i have yet to even do the dlcs so ive got the question marks above the crystals.
if you mean the 3 paid dlc, these are not included you have to download them separately from the op
(should have mentioned that when i uploaded ex4):oops:

anyway i give you my save

save 1 is before ex4
save 5 is before true mercy final boss fight

Last edited:
Reactions: OsklivyT

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
So I'm doing the genocide route again because I did it on the old version and saw that something new was added to the final fight... Yeah, safe to say I didn't expect the game to be LITERALLY UNDERTALE'S GENOCIDE ROUTE NOW!

Like what the actual hell?! Your difficulty is immediately changed to the hardest in the game and if you lose then come back they actually comment on it! Not to mention not being able to DO anything because you're constantly on the back foot, re-applying your buffs and only doing like 100 damage a hit (if you even DO hit)

edit: Well I guess you need to do some rooting around in the game files or something, because once you go to the debug menu (I thought I was being clever) you can only do two things, one of which does nothing and the other gives you the message "Take immediate action in 'QUICK START'" but said option is locked by [insert spoiler here]. Anyone got any idea on what to do?

Last edited:

avientone

Jun 23, 2020
Yeah, just select "Disable NG+ Benefits" and then New Game. Feel free to go through NG+ Enabled new game though to get the extra weapons and such just to make your life easier.
I really wanted to do that but my gamer's madness kicks in about now and demands I start over and get everything I missed. Thanks for your info. Not to push it but do you know where stuff like the Buddha statue or that other equipment for making the special armor for is. I never got the magnum or magic frame or more than one of those magic boxes.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
I really wanted to do that but my gamer's madness kicks in about now and demands I start over and get everything I missed. Thanks for your info. Not to push it but do you know where stuff like the Buddha statue or that other equipment for making the special armor for is. I never got the magnum or magic frame or more than one of those magic boxes.
The Magnum is located within 3 - 2 in the room where the soldier was, where you had the choice on whether to shoot him or not. You're required to go back via Chapter Select after beating said chapter, since you can't go back your first time.
The Magic Frame is within 4 - 1 in the Camazotz Parking Lot.
Not sure what you mean by "special armor", but if you're talking about a buddha statue then all I can guess is the thing that you get via bonding with Hyakki in the True Mercy lobby.
What do you mean by Magic Boxes?

avientone

Jun 23, 2020
The Magnum is located within 3 - 2 in the room where the soldier was, where you had the choice on whether to shoot him or not. You're required to go back via Chapter Select after beating said chapter, since you can't go back your first time.
The Magic Frame is within 4 - 1 in the Camazotz Parking Lot.
Not sure what you mean by "special armor", but if you're talking about a buddha statue then all I can guess is the thing that you get via bonding with Hyakki in the True Mercy lobby.
What do you mean by Magic Boxes?
I never got the "Great Buddha Statue" and I only got one of those "Magic Stones", not to be confused with the "Magic Rocks."

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
I never got the "Great Buddha Statue" and I only got one of those "Magic Stones", not to be confused with the "Magic Rocks."
The magic stone is the thing you get from Titanoboa, right? If so, then yeah it's perfectly normal to only get one. You can change it back to normal in the crafting table.
The Great Buddha Statue is from Hyakki's relationship I'm pretty sure, besides that I really don't know since I haven't done any of the EX scenarios fully yet.

lazydude

Dec 21, 2017
oh ex4 got a bug fix yesterday it looks like

lets see abandon's restraint, two of the platinum boxes, and high lamia's chase lose scene not showing up in defeat scenes

Anarking

Mar 25, 2018
Okay Im at a loss as to what to do to recruit akane. It says i need a cat or dog to use the switch so I assumed they meant the barghest but ive no idea how to get that to happen. After and before the boss fight, theres a wall that says to show proof of my humanity but i cant do that either so im completely lost. And I havent been able to find a guide on this so I need help.

On a side note, The barghest is at 97 affection right now but no matter what i do it doesnt max out at 99 but instead gets dropped down to 20 and im not sure if this is a bug or intended so help would also be appreciated here.

Edit: Was able to figure how to handle akane after some thorough backtracking but Ive no clue about the affection thing, so ill cross that bridge again when i need to.

Last edited:

LowLevelLesser

Feb 8, 2021
I don't like getting lectured by malicious and sadistic monsters about being a bad person (some of them are relatively "mild" all things considered but most are pretty bad). Admittedly in the genocide route the main character eventually goes too far with it and turns into a psycho killer instead of an avenger... but still.

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
You should have received a small reward when you opened the blue chest in Hyakki's room. I don't remember where I got the second and I don't know where to find the third statue. (I'll look into it when I have the time. Maybe I sold it pre-update before I knew they would be useful)

You can buy most of the accessories required to forge the special armor from the new update. Gems can be farmed from bronze boxes, specifically for aqua marine, you can buy magic stone from the vending machine to craft Lapis for the robe.

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
I don't like getting lectured by malicious and sadistic monsters about being a bad person (some of them are relatively "mild" all things considered but most are pretty bad). Admittedly in the genocide route the main character eventually goes too far with it and turns into a psycho killer instead of an avenger... but still.
I'd agree for the most part but at the same time the genocide route requires you to massacre the Barghest before it can begin, demons who just were made to breed and follow the orders of Hecate without question. You didn't need to actively seek out every single Bargest to the last demon, it should've been a tip off when the requirement is to kill everyone. Still sounds hypocritical for demons to say so though.

Mc going too far relates to the story as a whole, so learning about That is required to understand the whole story. EX2 elaborates on why the TM route is the best timeline. Of course several of the demons really shouldn't have been spared but being a bleeding heart is the true route anyways.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Okay Im at a loss as to what to do to recruit akane. It says i need a cat or dog to use the switch so I assumed they meant the barghest but ive no idea how to get that to happen. After and before the boss fight, theres a wall that says to show proof of my humanity but i cant do that either so im completely lost. And I havent been able to find a guide on this so I need help.

On a side note, The barghest is at 97 affection right now but no matter what i do it doesnt max out at 99 but instead gets dropped down to 20 and im not sure if this is a bug or intended so help would also be appreciated here.
I believe you're supposed to max out the barghest before the underground segment, and then afterwards interact with the rubble blocking the switch.
No idea why there would be a glitch like that, but that definitely isn't intended... Sorry that I can't help you with it, my man.

Akane is obtained via going out the back door within the temple, inspecting the sparkle, then using what you get from there on the wall. That should give you a memento, which you need to use in the next chapter. After going through it, chapter select back to the chapter you were on and you should automatically obtain her after a short fight.

Reactions: Anarking

Anarking

Mar 25, 2018
I believe you're supposed to max out the barghest before the underground segment, and then afterwards interact with the rubble blocking the switch.
No idea why there would be a glitch like that, but that definitely isn't intended... Sorry that I can't help you with it, my man.

Akane is obtained via going out the back door within the temple, inspecting the sparkle, then using what you get from there on the wall. That should give you a memento, which you need to use in the next chapter. After going through it, chapter select back to the chapter you were on and you should automatically obtain her after a short fight.
Yeah i figured out akane's deal but now ive those twins to deal with but thats another story. And as for the rubble thing, can i redo and chapter and grind its friendship or would I have to reload a save?

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Yeah i figured out akane's deal but now ive those twins to deal with but thats another story. And as for the rubble thing, can i redo and chapter and grind its friendship or would I have to reload a save?
I think you might have to reload a save, but I would just try out using Chapter Select first in case.
Unsure if the rubble is actually a trigger or not for the glitch to happen, but it never hurts to try and see if that fixes it.

Reactions: Anarking
4.20 star(s) 20 Votes