Ranonymou

Jun 10, 2021
Is the 1st Lampas Dark Room supposed to be nearly impossible to escape the grabs? On my 1st run through I somehow got through it with minimal effort but on my new fresh playthrough I've had 20+ successive failed attempts at breaking the grab. The difficulty feels very rigged even on the easiest difficulty and I get that the creator was going for it but this just isn't fair at all and I'm pretty sure it might as well be a soft-lock for players if they get really bad luck. I'm really hoping its just that somehow beating the game broke certain things in the game for me specifically and its not what new players will experience too.
Tip1: Button mashing seems to be all the directional keys but not WASD keys nor does the spacebar do anything either. Not important to know but nice to know I guess?
Tip2: Don't forget to save before entering the 4th Battery Room if you're the kind of guy who likes to just stand there and see stuff happen. It'll save you the trouble if you just went through every previous room without saving because of the convenience of the Indulgence preventing game overs and that the 3rd room warns you of it not working for Dream encounters in a lore-friendly manner. The 4th room has no warning or explanation and just punishes you for wanting to see what happens... still worth it for me anyway ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Tired Noir

Dec 29, 2018
Hmm can anyone of the genocide chads explain this to me?
I'm going down from true mercy to neutral then you get the gist
But i didn't understand this genocide guide
Can you go all routes or after one genocide, the save corrupts and you can't achieve the other 3 variations of it? Variation B is right out since i already did true mercy but No Mercy and Hypocrite both need true mercy route before hand, and the guide doesn't specify that just by having it you can do both or after having one of them the other one locks itself, the same goes for pardoned 1630929313205.png

Last edited:

SymbolicSalad

Jan 7, 2020
Hmm can anyone of the genocide chads explain this to me?
I'm going down from true mercy to neutral then you get the gist
But i didn't understand this genocide guide
Can you go all routes or after one genocide, the save corrupts and you can't achieve the other 3 variations of it? Variation B is right out since i already did true mercy but No Mercy and Hypocrite both need true mercy route before hand, and the guide doesn't specify that just by having it you can do both or after having one of them the other one locks itself, the same goes for pardoned View attachment 1390804
could you link that guide? i've seen it here before but i completely forgot which page.

Tired Noir

Dec 29, 2018
Done, failed the kill all genocide to see the spooky image and got hypocrite somehow?!?!
But for the route with the more lore put into it i find funny the author hates the players who play that route, hypocrite indeed

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
Is the 1st Lampas Dark Room supposed to be nearly impossible to escape the grabs? On my 1st run through I somehow got through it with minimal effort but on my new fresh playthrough I've had 20+ successive failed attempts at breaking the grab. The difficulty feels very rigged even on the easiest difficulty and I get that the creator was going for it but this just isn't fair at all and I'm pretty sure it might as well be a soft-lock for players if they get really bad luck. I'm really hoping its just that somehow beating the game broke certain things in the game for me specifically and its not what new players will experience too.
Tip1: Button mashing seems to be all the directional keys but not WASD keys nor does the spacebar do anything either. Not important to know but nice to know I guess?
Tip2: Don't forget to save before entering the 4th Battery Room if you're the kind of guy who likes to just stand there and see stuff happen. It'll save you the trouble if you just went through every previous room without saving because of the convenience of the Indulgence preventing game overs and that the 3rd room warns you of it not working for Dream encounters in a lore-friendly manner. The 4th room has no warning or explanation and just punishes you for wanting to see what happens... still worth it for me anyway ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Been a hot minute but I'll likey start a fresh game to see what you're talking about. Either way the first room isn't all too difficult if you know what you're doing. Biggest tip is patience and timing are essential, every lampas has a delay after firing so move during those moments. I'll get back to you when I can to see if the grabs were buffed.

In other news, there has been an status update concerning EX4.

Here's what it says:

All credit goes to Shrifted and their team, alongside the previous translators. Rights go to Devil's Office for their work on the game.

Stay safe and good night/day!

Till next time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Battathebeast

tzer

Apr 30, 2018
Done, failed the kill all genocide to see the spooky image and got hypocrite somehow?!?!
But for the route with the more lore put into it i find funny the author hates the players who play that route, hypocrite indeed
Its hard to not get hypocrite never rest always go for killing options never help doggo and bandage STRUGGLE IMMENSLY AGAINST LAMPAS ROCK THAT STICK LEFT AND RIGHT

avientone

Jun 23, 2020
Its hard to not get hypocrite never rest always go for killing options never help doggo and bandage STRUGGLE IMMENSLY AGAINST LAMPAS ROCK THAT STICK LEFT AND RIGHT
So that's how you get Genocide? I think going down the Hypocrite route is what gave me 97% completion in the compendium. So if I struggle against the Lampas in those rooms and fail, will I be thrown onto the Hypocrite route? I can't even rest or get tea?

Vesperr

Sep 11, 2018
Hi, can anyone tell were am I supposed to find the repair kit for the rifle? I was every were in 2-1 and I just cant find it. Any help?

Vesperr

Sep 11, 2018
Ok, I need help. I reached Daji and i can break all forms quite ok. Exept for the gel. As soon as she grabs me its game over. Vs echo zapping her wokred since struggle was ineffective. But vs Daji 1 shot of magic she kisses me and I cant do anything. What do I do?

Last edited:

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
Ok, I need help. I reached Daji and i can break all forms quite ok. Exept for the gel. As soon as she grabs me its game over. Vs echo zapping her wokred since struggle was ineffective. But vs Daji 1 shot of magic she kisses me and I cant do anything. What do I do?
Depends on if it's the first or second battle with her

Stay safe!

Vesperr

Sep 11, 2018
Crazycarzom
Thanks a lot! The wind was the 1 thing I was missing. Eventually I managed to RNG my way out of this battle, when she just didnt use the grab. This will be helpfull later.

Reactions: Crazycarzom

Vesperr

Sep 11, 2018
Ok I think I give up. I started a genoside run and it went fine untill Hyakki. I'm pretty sure its unwinnable. I even edited the save and gave myself 9999 stats and I still deal 500 dmg. I'd be gratefull if anyone had tips to finish genoside (i just wanna see the ending). If not I'll see myself to the true mercy route.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Ok I think I give up. I started a genoside run and it went fine untill Hyakki. I'm pretty sure its unwinnable. I even edited the save and gave myself 9999 stats and I still deal 500 dmg. I'd be gratefull if anyone had tips to finish genoside (i just wanna see the ending). If not I'll see myself to the true mercy route.
Yeah, it used to be winnable on v7.02 I believe, then the dev decided "No, you aren't supposed to have fun with the genocide route!" and made it so that it's now unwinnable, you can't do genocide your first run, and you can't talk about it AT ALL on their discord server.

Vesperr

Sep 11, 2018
made it so that it's now unwinnable, you can't do genocide your first run, and you can't talk about it AT ALL on their discord server.
Why even make a genoside run then in a first place? I get it you are supposed to fell bad etc etc. But in a game whit common mindfuck and vore, killing is sudenly bad? Comone devs, if you wanna make feel good game mayby not add monsters that we see kill humans?

SymbolicSalad

Jan 7, 2020
It is winnable, you just need to learn strategies on suicidal, build your character properly, and get decently lucky.

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
Why even make a genoside run then in a first place? I get it you are supposed to fell bad etc etc. But in a game whit common mindfuck and vore, killing is sudenly bad? Comone devs, if you wanna make feel good game mayby not add monsters that we see kill humans?
Well, the fact SHRIFT has True Mercy and Genocide path is because it was inspired on Undertale. The difference is in Undertale, monsters have a reason to kill you because they were trapped underground by humans without a chance to come back to the surface. In SHRIFT is the opposite: Demons invade your realm and kill people by raping/eating them by instinct, ordered by Hecate, parasitizing, brainwashing, unconsciously killing or whatever (besides one or two monsters who had no choice), so Kazuya has his reasons besides doing it for joy. Aside from being mostly the first route taken when playing the first time, it's natural to kill demons for what is explained above instead of "You killed my companions but I forgive you anyway". So since EX4 was being developed, the dev went like "No Genocide comments, no Geno route as first route taken, unbeatable boss to make you stop playing, etc".

Reactions: DaiReth

Vesperr

Sep 11, 2018
So I was digging here and there. As I gather many people liked genoside more then mercy, Dev got salty, banned talking about geno on forum and placed unwinnable boss at the end. I only picked up Shrift cuz Kazuyza was the most intresting character from MGQP collab. And I found monster girl femdom Undertale, whit salty devs. This is a fucking meme start to finish. I enjoyed the game, but the geno cockblock left a bad aftertaste. I even had to find a new save file cuz game was blocking me from True Mercy just because I dared to start genoside. Unlit Shrift 2 is out and translated I think I'm done whit this game. Ok I'm done ranting thank you for your time random internet person who took a minute to read it.

4.20 star(s) 20 Votes