misterbaobab

Aug 29, 2017
Wow, it has been six months since the last update. Totally forgot what 9.1 was about. It took him around 3,5 months to finish 9.1 with 727 images and 45 animations. What problems did he face during 9.2 (except christmas)? as i see new update won't be bigger in size than the previous one 690 images and 55 animations.
Most devs are now taking more time than earlier. My "favourite" is MagicNuts (What a Legend!). The last update was last June 2022 (almost 9 Months ago) and since that time they managed to make only half of the update. Earlier they used to release updates every 3-4 months, which was specified on their patreon page, but now they deleted that statement :ROFLMAO:
And this game I haven't played for years waiting for the finish of the remake work. So I guess I'll have to wait at least another six months to play "integrated" version :ROFLMAO:

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
Wow, it has been six months since the last update. Totally forgot what 9.1 was about.
You can simply name your saves and won't forget where the last update ended and the new one begins, and you can always play the game again if you forgot what it was about. It's what I usually do.:WeSmart: Why make a fuss over such a trivial 'problem' when there's a simple fix for it ??:rolleyes:

What problems did he face during 9.2 (except christmas)? as i see new update won't be bigger in size than the previous one 690 images and 55 animations.
You ppl are something else. How bout you start making your own game and see how easy it is to render, code a lot of shit and release the update in time so a group of pirates can play it for free ?? I wouldn't be surprised if Boring Games worked alone on the project while also working a RL job to pay the bills, and his monthly income shrinks considerably after taxes, patreon's cut and whatever the dev pays for assets and stuff, so keep waiting patiently for the update to be released like we all do or just move on and support other devs, if you're his supporter and unhappy with his work ethic, but stop assuming that all devs who face some setbacks while working are scammers like SCAMcstor or the dude you mentioned coz you wrong about that.

Most devs are now taking more time than earlier. My "favourite" is MagicNuts (What a Legend!). The last update was last June 2022 (almost 9 Months ago) and since that time they managed to make only half of the update.
It would be nice if you checked a few things first before labeling serious devs like Boring Games as scammers just bcz you got scammed by other 'devs' and are salty about it now, and I understand you pissed bcz of that, or at least bcz some of them just milk their supporters without even releasing an update anymore, like SCAMcstor does, but don't generalize. Check their earnings again, and tell me if there's a difference, coz I see a pretty big one there, - . Basically, we have 2k vs 8k, BG's last update was in oct, while MN's was at the end of July, and this story is nearing its end... let's not forget about the quality of the visuals and coding, which take time to be finished... still wanna compare them both now ??:D;)

Boring Games

Shut Up and Dance
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2018
You can simply name your saves and won't forget where the last update ended and the new one begins, and you can always play the game again if you forgot what it was about. It's what I usually do.:WeSmart: Why make a fuss over such a trivial 'problem' when there's a simple fix for it ??:rolleyes:

You ppl are something else. How bout you start making your own game and see how easy it is to render, code a lot of shit and release the update in time so a group of pirates can play it for free ?? I wouldn't be surprised if Boring Games worked alone on the project while also working a RL job to pay the bills, and his monthly income shrinks considerably after taxes, patreon's cut and whatever the dev pays for assets and stuff, so keep waiting patiently for the update to be released like we all do or just move on and support other devs, if you're his supporter and unhappy with his work ethic, but stop assuming that all devs who face some setbacks while working are scammers like SCAMcstor or the dude you mentioned coz you wrong about that.

It would be nice if you checked a few things first before labeling serious devs like Boring Games as scammers just bcz you got scammed by other 'devs' and are salty about it now, and I understand you pissed bcz of that, or at least bcz some of them just milk their supporters without even releasing an update anymore, like SCAMcstor does, but don't generalize. Check their earnings again, and tell me if there's a difference, coz I see a pretty big one there, - . Basically, we have 2k vs 8k, BG's last update was in oct, while MN's was at the end of July, and this story is nearing its end... let's not forget about the quality of the visuals and coding, which take time to be finished... still wanna compare them both now ??:D;)
Yep, thanks for understanding, I appreciate it. It took longer this time due to a few reasons:
1) Writing the whole chapter from scratch and rewriting some of the parts for a couple of time to get the effect I wanted.
2) Longer animations and their bigger amount in general compared to the previous update. And yep, even 10-15 animations difference is significant when you count the time spent.
3) Overall higher quality and polishing of everything that can be polished. MUCH bigger amount of renders were gone through Zbrush this time as well as every single animation.
4) Having 2-3 different outcomes for almost every scene. And that also takes a lot of time if you want to do it in a good way and not just throw a couple of similar renders and add a few dialogue lines.
5) and finally, something that isn't obvious at first, is that every lewd scene this time has sex (Badum-Tss) and that also requires more animations and in-between renders.

So, when it's finally out, everyone is welcome to judge if the time was spent right, even the pirates;-p
On my end, I'm thinking about upgrading the card after this release, so it should reduce render time in the future and produce even better renders.

Last edited:

S.T.A.R.S.

Oct 28, 2018
Not everyone likes to play the previous update all over again. Sometimes, even several to understand the plot. Characters in the game can't make up for the long update periods. Anyway, i've my saves ready.

I was looking for the answer to my question, not a rant about my alleged criticism. If you have no information, as you suggested, move on to another post.

Reactions: drone4of2

S.T.A.R.S.

Oct 28, 2018
Yep, thanks for understanding, I appreciate it. It took longer this time due to a few reasons:
1) Writing the whole chapter from scratch and rewriting some of the parts for a couple of time to get the effect I wanted.
2) Longer animations and their bigger amount in general compared to the previous update. And yep, even 10-15 animations difference is significant when you count the time spent.
3) Overall higher quality and polishing of everything that can be polished. MUCH bigger amount of renders were gone through Zbrush this time as well as every single animation.
4) Having 2-3 different outcomes for almost every scene. And that also takes a lot of time if you want to do it in a good way and not just throw a couple of similar renders and add a few dialogue lines.
5) and finally, something that isn't obvious at first, is that every lewd scene this time has sex (Badum-Tss) and that also requires more animations and in-between renders.

So, when it's finally out, everyone is welcome to judge if the time was spent right, even the pirates;-p
On my end, I'm thinking about upgrading the card after this release, so it should reduce render time in the future and produce even better renders.
That's the kind of answer i was expecting. Thanks.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Yeah but the guy is right is still 6 months since last release its not like cuz its releasing this month 6 months have not passed... :LUL:
and ? I'm following this game since chapter 3 old version, the new standard has an important change in quality and animations,
shure, I don't mind waiting <<set the amount of months you like>> to get the great quality, not that the dev in this time is scraching his <<fill in the body part you like>> , shure I can understand that waiting can be mindwrecking, and that all is a question, of viewpoints.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
Oh what a tragedy! If at least was possible do something about this. Something like... replay the last update?
Fuck that, I don't want to go through everything again. Especially the early parts. The early parts of AVNs are usually really boring (no action.)

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Fuck that, I don't want to go through everything again. Especially the early parts. The early parts of AVNs are usually really boring (no action.)
How can you be so sure if you "forget a lot about it"? Unless you didn't forget nothing at all about it

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
Read it again. In general early parts of AVNs are really boring. Like almost always. Probability would say that means this one was most likely such.

4.10 star(s) 129 Votes