TheDwayneTrain

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
Why is the old version gone? Really fucks over anyone who wants to play the story when it was way longer and more complete. If the original FF7 and it's remake are still listed at the same time in every digital storefront, it should be the same here
It isn't gone. You have the option to keep playing the older version once you're done with remastered EP1.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
It isn't gone. You have the option to keep playing the older version once you're done with remastered EP1.
Thanks for the info. That makes this whole thing more bizarre for not moving forward. Couldn't you do both move forward and adjust old things here and there if it's all one package? It'd be a different story if the whole thing had to be recoded from scratch.

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
Thanks for the info. That makes this whole thing more bizarre for not moving forward. Couldn't you do both move forward and adjust old things here and there if it's all one package? It'd be a different story if the whole thing had to be recoded from scratch.
The idea is to update everything and then continue. I guess the rest was just included to have everything still in one package.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Fucking hell stop calling those games a remake, just call them re-render edition or shit like that. It wasn't finished to get a remake title.
The choices are not at all the same though. So you will have to start over if you go past Epiosde 1 when they remake Episode 2. I'm doing the walkthrough
right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fzoner95

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Yea, but what's going to happen when they remaster ep2? Might as well wait and just play EP1.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
The idea is to update everything and then continue. I guess the rest was just included to have everything still in one package.
It's a bad idea that has never worked to my knowledge. Especially in an unneeded either/or scenario. It's one game, you can work on multiple parts of it. Many games release new updates with fixes to old stuff included.

TheDwayneTrain

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
You're entitled to your opinion of course and I honestly doubt what I am about to write is gonna sway this opinion but I'll give it a try nonetheless.

This is in no way intended as a 'milking exercise' (I know you didn't use those specific words but you hinted at it, so that is that ...) which btw wouldn't make that much sense tbh seeing as we have less than a hundred Patrons (I wish we had...).

Rather Boring Games has gotten new hardware (that is something he promised he would do provided the first Patreon threshold was met) and the new renders DO show the new capabilities. He will be able to enlighten you as to specifics (new render times as opposed to prior requirements and such) but how about you give it a try and then come back and tell us about it?

Not wanting to be snarky - just the opposite - but rather interested what you'd think. Either d'l the version currently available on here (ep. 6) or wait for the latest version to become available - it has the reworked ep. 1 and that is simply gorgeous visually. Editing-wise it's not perfect as I am currently somewhat suffering from writer's block so didn't edit this one but again - it's the renders, animations and visuals that take up the majority of the time.

HTH :)
This.

I've been a patron of Boring games for a while now, and my experience has been positive. (As someone who is a patron of ~30-50 creators at a time, I can definitely point out a rat when I see one).

Chris_Prat

May 19, 2017
The remake fever has begun... again (remake, reloaded, re-rendered... choose the name that fits better). Jokes apart, I think it's a good decission, so everyone can see that the game had margin to improve and it's done. Not only a game has to be good, has to look good either..

LeftyPR

Mar 5, 2018
Remilk maybe?:unsure:
It does say EPISODE 1 which is finished. by the way isn't re-rendering the same as re-making it? you have to make the renders to re do them, and i guess most people forgot how to read because he said since day 1 he wanted better renders as he wasn't happy but had no hardware, now he has it and wants to keep his word, take pride and re do his complete episode in better quality, but now trolls want to come out insinuating he is milking....hmm

By the way how much a month do you 2 fine people pledge to him to feel he is milking you?
...Figured that much :sneaky::LOL:;)

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I'm not sure why there are such issues with this remake I thought it looked great. The dev and his team always put in a lot of hard work with each update and is certainly one of the more reliable devs on the site. He's taken his game which was already good and made it better imo.

LeftyPR

Mar 5, 2018
The remake fever has begun... again (remake, reloaded, re-rendered... choose the name that fits better). Jokes apart, I think it's a good decission, so everyone can see that the game had margin to improve and it's done. Not only a game has to be good, has to look good either..
Wow a logical thinker lol very rare around here lmao!
but yeah he did mention from the beginning that he wasn't happy with the renders and that he would re do them as soon as he could and now is that time.
Hell it only says it right under Dev notes on the OP! but then again no one reads anymore, they just look at headings or titles and make conclusions off that, sad times we live in!

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It does say EPISODE 1 which is finished. by the way isn't re-rendering the same as re-making it? you have to make the renders to re do them, and i guess most people forgot how to read because he said since day 1 he wanted better renders as he wasn't happy but had no hardware, now he has it and wants to keep his word, take pride and re do his complete episode in better quality, but now trolls want to come out insinuating he is milking....hmm

By the way how much a month do you 2 fine people pledge to him to feel he is milking you?
...Figured that much :sneaky::LOL:;)
True, it is just a pity that rendering is actually the thing that takes most time, so hope it will also mean he can bring maybe some story back in game that was impossible to render with old hardware in a timely fashion.

PinkGoddess

Apr 3, 2020
I dont understand well.. what is this the remake? Wheres the version with the six chapter? This chapter 1 remake is only first chapter I guess.. right? :(

aeffaeff

Aug 25, 2018
Shut Up and Dance [Ep. 1 Remake Special] [Boring Games] - Original Size: 2.11GB

Compressed version for PC (397MB): -
done by UnRen v0.8 (Sam@F95zone) & Cruncher v0.4.1 (bas@F95zone)

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.
thank you

Reactions: darkslayer5
4.10 star(s) 127 Votes