Wicks99

Apr 21, 2024
Sorry if this is a repeat question that has been asked before, but I'm kinda confused what is the relationship between Sicae and MBIML.

I'm playing MBIML and reached Prologue Episode 5, very nice game so far... Then I browsed into Sicae which is also being developed by the same team. From what I can tell there are some overlapping characters between Sicae and MBIML and even the MC has the same name Kei.

So are these two games related or one is the sequel / prequel to the other? I remembered in MBIML at the start there was mention that players should play both games to better "understand" the story? So which should I be playing first to make chronological sense?

Feb 21, 2023
Sorry if this is a repeat question that has been asked before, but I'm kinda confused what is the relationship between Sicae and MBIML.

I'm playing MBIML and reached Prologue Episode 5, very nice game so far... Then I browsed into Sicae which is also being developed by the same team. From what I can tell there are some overlapping characters between Sicae and MBIML and even the MC has the same name Kei.

So are these two games related or one is the sequel / prequel to the other? I remembered in MBIML at the start there was mention that players should play both games to better "understand" the story? So which should I be playing first to make chronological sense?
The two play in the same universe. They share several characters, who do actually meet and are part of events in the respective other story. Listing everything would blow up this post.
If you want a detailed timeline of both games including details for the characters, a user made this incredible overview. It's heavy spoilers though if you have not yet played both works.

TLDR: Same universe. Share characters. Sicae story starts two years before MBIML.

Reactions: Dunner and Wicks99

Wicks99

Apr 21, 2024
The two play in the same universe. They share several characters, who do actually meet and are part of events in the respective other story. Listing everything would blow up this post.
If you want a detailed timeline of both games including details for the characters, a user made this incredible overview. It's heavy spoilers though if you have not yet played both works.

TLDR: Same universe. Share characters. Sicae story starts two years before MBIML.
Oh that's interesting, I thought it would be some sort of prequel / sequel thing... seems like it's more of a time overlap with different MCs (why must it be same default name? so confusing! LOL). Thanks for the summary and link to the overview (only read the summary timeline to avoid spoilers), that really helps!

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Oh that's interesting, I thought it would be some sort of prequel / sequel thing... seems like it's more of a time overlap with different MCs (why must it be same default name? so confusing! LOL). Thanks for the summary and link to the overview (only read the summary timeline to avoid spoilers), that really helps!
Well it is also a prequel as there are things in MBML that spoils the future of Sicae.

Wicks99

Apr 21, 2024
Well it is also a prequel as there are things in MBML that spoils the future of Sicae.
Argh... decisions decisions... I suppose at least it's not the same MC so I can live with a bit of spoilers. But I believe the story is at a much more advanced stage in MBIML than Sicae since this prequel came out later and only has 5 episodes. Or would it make more sense to pause MBIML at prologue Ep5 and finish Sicae before coming back?

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Argh... decisions decisions... I suppose at least it's not the same MC so I can live with a bit of spoilers. But I believe the story is at a much more advanced stage in MBIML than Sicae since this prequel came out later and only has 5 episodes. Or would it make more sense to pause MBIML at prologue Ep5 and finish Sicae before coming back?
I played MBIML twice first without playing Sicae 2nd time I did. I enjoyed the game alot more after playing Sicae as I noticed background characters that were actually LI from Sicae and would of not noticed them otherwise but you might be far enough that you missed most of them.

4.60 star(s) 18 Votes