iluvpink

Jan 11, 2019
Again, I don't take any responsibility for what you or anyone else does with this patch. As stated in the Read Me, it is intended to work on the base game with 'x' version. Literally any other version of the game is at your own risk. If that's a problem, please do not use the patch.

The reason I'm saying this is because if you (or anyone else) were to complain about it not working on 'x' version of the game (Android ports, updated versions of the game, compressed versions, versions without RPGM files aka the RPGM RTP), then I'd have to constantly test each one and either update the Read Me accordingly or update my patch, neither of which I'm willing nor have the time to do. That's why at ULMF (where I upload my patches initially), one of their requirements to create a translation thread is to clarify exactly what version of the game the translation patch should be used on. In fact, if you have a problem with this, take it up with the OP or whoever uploaded the compressed game, since they didn't "explicitly state" my patch doesn't work with 'x' version.
I absolutely have no problem with this. I certainly didn't intend to upset you or cause trouble. I honestly thought I was helping.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
ok.. game is honesly boring.. the battle system is boring.. I have not lost a single battle and it does not get harder it just gives enemies more hit points so it takes longer to defeat them making battles drag on. I'm already almost completed mutation in about 1.5 hours of play.. only because I grinded some in the beginning before I realize there is absolutely no need to.

Game Play: 1/5 (boring and easy to beat and very damn short)
Story: 1/5 (shitty ending where you did everything to avoid the ugly neet and you end up forced to fall in love with him leaving your husband)
Art: 4/5
Sound: 4/5

So a very boring and shitty stupid retarded ending.

Last edited:

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
ok.. game is honesly boring.. the battle system is boring.. I have not lost a single battle and it does not get harder it just gives enemies more hit points so it takes longer to defeat them making battles drag on. I'm already almost completed mutation in about 1.5 hours of play.. only because I grinded some in the beginning before I realize there is absolutely no need to.

Story: 1/5 (shitty ending where you did everything to avoid the ugly neet and you end up forced to fall in love with him leaving your husband)

Difficulty is extremely subjective in gaming; even in this thread, you'll have people complaining the game is too difficult. Heck, some folks even complain Pokemon is too difficult. Some people also just want to enjoy a casual H-game with scenes and whatnot, without too much effort, so not all games can cater to everyone. I'd probably suggest doing the H-game equivalent of a Nuzlocke if you wanna this game interesting and go for a virgin run, or limit yourself to certain items if you're the 'git gud' type of gamer. As far as the battle system ... well, it's standard RPGM. That's the vast majority of games on here, so unless you've got a better idea and want to implement it, well, too bad.

As for the story, it's an H-game. Usually plot isn't exactly the main focus. There are also multiple endings. Just because you got a single one (which is the one I actually scripted into the game) and are complaining about it doesn't mean the story is all bad. At least it's better than being locked into a linear storyline, which again, is par the course for most RPGM H-games. Why don't you try unlocking more endings before evaluating?

Reactions: RenH and f9account

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
I absolutely have no problem with this. I certainly didn't intend to upset you or cause trouble. I honestly thought I was helping.
Sorry, I didn't mean to come off that defensive. I thought you were being condescending, which wasn't your intent. I appreciate it.

kommnistulum

Feb 27, 2018

I Agree that the game should have been more difficult. (My biggest complaint is that contraceptive pills are way too common so you'll never get pregnant unless you want to which kinda neuters the whole threat of getting forcefully impregnated.) Personally I'd recommend just not upgrading your equipment and not buying healing items if you want better difficulty. Hopefully the sequel is more difficult (or at least adds a difficulty setting for people like us) because this would probably be the best ryona hentai game ever if it weren't so goddamn easy. Also the NEET ending is easily avoidable if you just don't pick the option to have him survive the beast attack when you're in the cabin.

jav253

Sep 12, 2019
The NEET ending was part of the translation mod. I thought you had to actually talk to the translators 4th wall breaking NPC to get that ending but I guess not. Normally he always dies at the cabin.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
The NEET ending was part of the translation mod. I thought you had to actually talk to the translators 4th wall breaking NPC to get that ending but I guess not. Normally he always dies at the cabin.
This is correct. You have the option to save the NEET by talking to EG at different periods of the game. Otherwise, he violates you and is killed in the canon original version of the game.

kommnistulum

Feb 27, 2018
This is correct. You have the option to save the NEET by talking to EG at different periods of the game. Otherwise, he violates you and is killed in the canon original version of the game.
Yeah honestly it's kind of amazing that someone got it while actively trying to avoid it.

latenight

Oct 22, 2016
And another game that looks like it gonna be best but it's not. Will developers ever stop using lose-to-see-main-content-of-game cliche? Is anyone even like RPG Maker fight mechanic? Why making main feature of the game to trigger bad ending? Why make everything sad, depressive and fatalistic? It could be a good game but it too short and shallow. They needed to make MC to be locked in quarantine zone and surviving, with breaking out as a main goal. Add food and water need, change fights to seduce and distract monsters making them cum without fucking her, make pregnancy a game mechanic, when giving birth would produce different crafting items and food, giving you choice to gather resources or eat and use fetuses to create expendable items, add body change mutations after eating monster meat, with timed buffs and debuffs.
About translation, it is excellent, and translator also fixed and expanded game a bit, great job.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
And another game that looks like it gonna be best but it's not. Will developers ever stop using lose-to-see-main-content-of-game cliche? Is anyone even like RPG Maker fight mechanic? Why making main feature of the game to trigger bad ending? Why make everything sad, depressive and fatalistic? It could be a good game but it too short and shallow. They needed to make MC to be locked in quarantine zone and surviving, with breaking out as a main goal. Add food and water need, change fights to seduce and distract monsters making them cum without fucking her, make pregnancy a game mechanic, when giving birth would produce different crafting items and food, giving you choice to gather resources or eat and use fetuses to create expendable items, add body change mutations after eating monster meat, with timed buffs and debuffs.
About translation, it is excellent, and translator also fixed and expanded game a bit, great job.
LOL, sounds like you would probably prefer AZL or ZR 1/2 instead of this kind of game.
FWIW, I actually enjoy the dark and depressing theme as it's more realistic of a zombie apocalypse rather than the happy harem games with zombies. But to each their own. I do agree that GoR/being forced to intentionally lose in order to see scenes is a terrible trope that is very common in H-games, sadly. There must be a better way to implement it.

latenight

Oct 22, 2016
LOL, sounds like you would probably prefer AZL or ZR 1/2 instead of this kind of game.
FWIW, I actually enjoy the dark and depressing theme as it's more realistic of a zombie apocalypse rather than the happy harem games with zombies. But to each their own. I do agree that GoR/being forced to intentionally lose in order to see scenes is a terrible trope that is very common in H-games, sadly. There must be a better way to implement it.
You mean Zombie's Retreat and Zombie's Life? I didn't play them but they have one important difference: MC is male(they are not fucked by zombies in these games, right?).
When losing on purpose player do it to see cutscene, he has motivation, but MC doesn't have one. To make a game interesting MC should have gameplay reason to lose, like in location where she needs to be pregnant to get through the door. For pregnancy to be meaningful for MC she should gain something from it. And in place of boring fights something in style of Karryn's prison where hentai is part of fighting system, not losing cutscene. I'm talking not only about this game, but about most of Japanese hentai games, You understand that giving player a choice makes a game better, cause You added another route to this one.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Sorry, I didn't mean to come off that defensive. I thought you were being condescending, which wasn't your intent. I appreciate it.
Man, this game REALLY needs a decensoring.

So, Emerald_Gladiator, let me ask this--how hard do you think it'd be to do that? In theory, that would require basically manually decensoring every picture by hand...so I guess paying an artist. Unless you know of a better method?

Also, how difficult would it be to alter the CGs that begin the storyline? Say, for example, you wanted to make this an alternate universe story where she wasn't married and it becomes a very different storyline without NTR aspects.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Man, this game REALLY needs a decensoring.

So, Emerald_Gladiator, let me ask this--how hard do you think it'd be to do that? In theory, that would require basically manually decensoring every picture by hand...so I guess paying an artist. Unless you know of a better method?

Also, how difficult would it be to alter the CGs that begin the storyline? Say, for example, you wanted to make this an alternate universe story where she wasn't married and it becomes a very different storyline without NTR aspects.
Yeah, I can't recall too well, but I think I had someone ask me if I was interested in learning how to use decensoring programs to further my translations. But honestly, I think manually adding content or bugfixing an entire game is more than what most translators do already, and given all the MTLs flying around on this site, IMO, most people are just happy for an actual manual translation as is.

Changing out CGs isn't too difficult. The problem is coding everything because if you're going to drastically change the storyline, it'll require getting into modifying or scripting variables and whatnot in RPGM. I can definitely do that, as demonstrated by my additions to this game, but it's honestly not worth my time, since you'd better much better off just finding a new game that suits your tastes instead.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Yeah, I can't recall too well, but I think I had someone ask me if I was interested in learning how to use decensoring programs to further my translations. But honestly, I think manually adding content or bugfixing an entire game is more than what most translators do already, and given all the MTLs flying around on this site, IMO, most people are just happy for an actual manual translation as is.

Changing out CGs isn't too difficult. The problem is coding everything because if you're going to drastically change the storyline, it'll require getting into modifying or scripting variables and whatnot in RPGM. I can definitely do that, as demonstrated by my additions to this game, but it's honestly not worth my time, since you'd better much better off just finding a new game that suits your tastes instead.
How hard would it be to change out the text and dialogue in the opening CGs (and I guess the ending ones too)? As in, what tools are needed for someone else to do it?

Re: decensoring. If someone is able to do that, I think they'd probably be recruited by some of the companies, like Kagura; they need talented people like that.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
You mean Zombie's Retreat and Zombie's Life? I didn't play them but they have one important difference: MC is male(they are not fucked by zombies in these games, right?).
When losing on purpose player do it to see cutscene, he has motivation, but MC doesn't have one. To make a game interesting MC should have gameplay reason to lose, like in location where she needs to be pregnant to get through the door. For pregnancy to be meaningful for MC she should gain something from it. And in place of boring fights something in style of Karryn's prison where hentai is part of fighting system, not losing cutscene. I'm talking not only about this game, but about most of Japanese hentai games, You understand that giving player a choice makes a game better, cause You added another route to this one.
Whoops. I was actually thinking this thread was the one for Found Dead (another zombie game I translated).

Yes, I agree in theory that adding choices/options does seem to make a game better, but not everyone would agree to that. Many on this site actually prefer to be forced into situations, as it adds to the immersion of the game. For example, in many of the NTR games, it's not avoidable, and folks love that. Or in the Sarah Rotation Cut series (and similar games by that dev), non-con sex is mandatory in the story, and again, some prefer that. I've even included options in other games I've translated to avoid certain situations, but people have told me to remove that feature.

As for this game and pregnancy, you do know that pregnancy is a helpful mechanic, as you can use it to bypass enemies, and is originally required in the base game (prior to my edit) to pass that lab door you mentioned. It also veers you into a certain game ending. If you want a game that uses hentai as a part of the fighting system, there are countless more than Karryn's Prison, as Battle Sex is very, very frequent in H-games. You probably just need to search for it.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
How hard would it be to change out the text and dialogue in the opening CGs (and I guess the ending ones too)? As in, what tools are needed for someone else to do it?

Re: decensoring. If someone is able to do that, I think they'd probably be recruited by some of the companies, like Kagura; they need talented people like that.
It's not that difficult. Use the appropriate RPM software, or even T++ to do so. Then it's just a matter of finding what you're looking to change and editing the text. Of course, if you decide to post your changes publicly as a patch or as the edited game itself, I'd suggest asking the translator of the game for permission (which I usually do if I'm editing someone's translation), and then giving credit to the translator (again, in this case me) and the game dev (which I do in every game I translate).

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
It's not that difficult. Use the appropriate RPM software, or even T++ to do so. Then it's just a matter of finding what you're looking to change and editing the text. Of course, if you decide to post your changes publicly as a patch or as the edited game itself, I'd suggest asking the translator of the game for permission (which I usually do if I'm editing someone's translation), and then giving credit to the translator (again, in this case me) and the game dev (which I do in every game I translate).
How'd the game dev respond?

4.50 star(s) 17 Votes