Angmir

May 29, 2017
Do you want to know my unofficial edits to this game, or on other works I've translated?
Your edits are fun, and the extra content you make is definetly a bonus

But out of respect for the original, best to make them entirely optional.
For an example - I didn't mind the EG guy appearing in this game, as it is not a very serious game, but you could say it breaks immersion somewhat.
Why not make a choice at the very begining of the game asking:

"Do you want to see the extra content or original only?"

Reactions: Yukihirou

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Your edits are fun, and the extra content you make is definetly a bonus

But out of respect for the original, best to make them entirely optional.
For an example - I didn't mind the EG guy appearing in this game, as it is not a very serious game, but you could say it breaks immersion somewhat.
Why not make a choice at the very begining of the game asking:

"Do you want to see the extra content or original only?"
It's difficult to do that, since anyone who's done version control knows that branching is incredibly flawed and problematic.
And with a game like this, scripting/coding extra features into the game means that removing them isn't easy.

I could just translate exclusively and not include extra features at all in the first place, but I find it more enjoyable to help users, since there are far more complaints about the things that are lacking in the original game than the things I've added. For example, EG (the character) by himself allows you to:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And this isn't including the other things I've also added, such as bugfixes to the original game, or stylistic choices in translation (for example, you're discussing the AMWF issue, but that's actually something I myself like, added, and don't intend to stop adding to future games I translate if it fits the story or theme. Another is SH references, which the original game does not include, because I think it's a huge opportunity missed).

I'm happy to remove EG, or minimize his appearances (or hide him better) for the sake of immersion in future games. However, I don't hear enough people requesting that, and I've also added him in previous games for similar reasons, without any gripes. It's also why I very clearly tell everyone "IDGAF" in my ReadMe's, because there aren't enough translators in our community (and even fewer who actually care enough/know enough coding to add value to the game they're translating) and too many critics, lol (no offense).

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
I'm happy to remove EG, or minimize his appearances (or hide him better) for the sake of immersion in future games. However, I don't hear enough people requesting that, and I've also added him in previous games for similar reasons, without any gripes. It's also why I very clearly tell everyone "IDGAF" in my ReadMe's, because there aren't enough translators in our community (and even fewer who actually care enough/know enough coding to add value to the game they're translating) and too many critics, lol (no offense).
EG is fine. For immersion purposes, just make him a nonhuman entity, like a ghost, hologram, invisible narrator, one of Marvel's Watchers, etc. That way people's immersion isn't broken by asking "so is he just standing there, why is he not helping, what's the deal?"

Reactions: Yukihirou

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
EG is fine. For immersion purposes, just make him a nonhuman entity, like a ghost, hologram, invisible narrator, one of Marvel's Watchers, etc. That way people's immersion isn't broken by asking "so is he just standing there, why is he not helping, what's the deal?"
Fair. I've hidden him pretty hard in other games, so I might just do that more in the future.
That way, he'll be more of a resource for completionists or people who need help/access to features, and won't bother people who don't actively seek him out. I guess I went a little overboard this time since I wanted to add more features to this game, but didn't want to break continuity by adding him in only one place, lol.

He is a bit of a 4th wall break, and as my avatar, I suppose he is a non-human entity, but I get your point.

xXUwUXx

May 12, 2020
It's difficult to do that, since anyone who's done version control knows that branching is incredibly flawed and problematic.
And with a game like this, scripting/coding extra features into the game means that removing them isn't easy.

I could just translate exclusively and not include extra features at all in the first place, but I find it more enjoyable to help users, since there are far more complaints about the things that are lacking in the original game than the things I've added. For example, EG (the character) by himself allows you to:

And this isn't including the other things I've also added, such as bugfixes to the original game, or stylistic choices in translation (for example, you're discussing the AMWF issue, but that's actually something I myself like, added, and don't intend to stop adding to future games I translate if it fits the story or theme. Another is SH references, which the original game does not include, because I think it's a huge opportunity missed).

I enjoy the extra content you added.

Angmir

May 29, 2017

Like I said - your additions were welcome. I thought making them togleable would be easier, but since you said it is not, then it is perfectly fine. EG man was ok in this game ;-)

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
I enjoy the extra content you added.
Like I said - your additions were welcome. I thought making them togleable would be easier, but since you said it is not, then it is perfectly fine. EG man was ok in this game ;-)
Yes, that was exactly what I meant, sorry if I was unclear. Don't want to get people breathing down your neck for bugfixes unrelated to translation. ^_^;;
Hahaha, I don't take any offense. I apologize if I seem defensive; just wanted to explain my reasoning.

Grimreaper24

Nov 23, 2019
If you're referring to this game, it's in the ReadMe. For other games I've translated, you'll need to see their respective ReadMes.

It would help if you gave us more information.
Nevermind I figured out the reason my phone was just being slow I've downloaded it sorry for the inconvenience

yangjuelek

Oct 8, 2018
bit of a review :
great game
and its not mtl
thats rare
will be even better if Sally is a virgin (idk, use the usual beta male husband getting nervous and cant get it up on first sex?)
if she is, this game can have the same level as Oneone1 games

got some question about the ending tho :
my first run, im going for the pure end / loyal to husband end
but somehow, with minus lust and 0 infidelity, i got sidetracked to the nerd;s route right after the final boss

i assume theres a "branch" on the route ?
i think its the sleeping in the hunter's hut right before the Crusher busts in
thankfully i made save there
i pick stay together(3rd option) and kept the nerd alive

i assume the 1st one (sleep first) will get you raped by the nerd
and the 2nd one (watch guard first) i already checked, will get the nerd killed

thats why i reload my save and pick 3rd option

so, my question :
1. do i have to let the nerd die to reach the loyal/good ending ?
2. how many ending anyway ? i assume slut route, nerd route that i got, and true end ?
3. theres also the choice of trusting the nerd or not from E.G (aka translator's npc lol) , he asks do you trusts the nerd or not, idk if thats a branching , but i picked yes i trust the nerd option on my first run.

Reactions: f9account

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
so, my question :
1. do i have to let the nerd die to reach the loyal/good ending ?
2. how many ending anyway ? i assume slut route, nerd route that i got, and true end ?
3. theres also the choice of trusting the nerd or not from E.G (aka translator's npc lol) , he asks do you trusts the nerd or not, idk if thats a branching , but i picked yes i trust the nerd option on my first run.
1. Yes, since canonically, that's how it was in the base game. There were no options, it just is.
2. Not counting the Nerd ending, 3 endings in total. Mess around with infidelity and popping out loads of monsters.

Or just lurk through the thread. It's only 7 pages and this question has already been answered in one form or another anyhow.

Reactions: yangjuelek

yangjuelek

Oct 8, 2018
1. Yes, since canonically, that's how it was in the base game. There were no options, it just is.
2. Not counting the Nerd ending, 3 endings in total. Mess around with infidelity and popping out loads of monsters.

Or just lurk through the thread. It's only 7 pages and this question has already been answered in one form or another anyhow.
damn
kinda feel bad for the fat fck

Reactions: RenH
4.50 star(s) 17 Votes