punhetas

Nov 2, 2016
Releasing updates every month to 2 games (besides the Christmas special that is usually done) leaves every release with barely any content.
Auril should just stick to 1 game a month, or every other month so we'd have more meaty content when it comes out. Downloading 5 or 6gb for then replay every5hing to check 2 minutes of content? No thanks.

Mister66

May 15, 2021
if it's Not uploaded by Wednesday, ill post it
Just want to wait since it was Just released and want to allow those who ARE donating to the Developers to enjoy what content they DID get with this Update :sneaky:

Try not to be mad :devilish: at me for doing this, Thanks
you're right, great choice!

mtmf

Sep 6, 2017
Finally. Thank you. A reminder to whiners: download via MegaDownloader to bypass the 5gb limit.
How is that supposed to bypass the limit? Instead of starting the download and stopping at the limit forcing you to wait to continue, it just gives me and error right away saying the limit is exceeded and doesn't even start the download. It's even worse than the regular download.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
How is that supposed to bypass the limit? Instead of starting the download and stopping at the limit forcing you to wait to continue, it just gives me and error right away saying the limit is exceeded and doesn't even start the download. It's even worse than the regular download.
The other 3 download options are crap too, anon add something to the download as it's always bigger than mega, racaty looks a little bigger too, don't know if they adding spyware or ransomware in their downloads and mixdrop is just waaaaaay too slow.

noremac7777

May 11, 2018
If I recall the free version of this engine doesn't allow a save feature
Unreal? It's modular. The base engine doesn't include save functionality per-se because saving is something most games handle differently. Nothing stops you adding the ability to save yourself. The "free version" is the full engine; payment becomes necessary once your revenue from using it hits a threshold ($1M total earned free; 5% royalty after that). There are a few save systems on the user marketplace with varying features and functionality.

If the dev's using a framework within Unreal which has payment options with saving not included at the free tier then that's not something I know about.

The only thing preventing the dev from adding a 'skip to day' function is the time it would take to add specific buttons for it. The replay already exists on the laptop, so we know skipping to the scenes is possible, though it kills the dialogue for whatever reason (could be a deliberate choice by the dev).

EDIT: no wait I'm full of shit. It's right there in the base engine. There'll still be some customisation and UI work the dev would have to do to make it actually work though.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes