user0609

Dec 17, 2018
0.21 is still broken, dx12 and dx11 render, both dwm crash, I have no money to buy a new gpu, so ... pass, and good luck Auril in future experiments "how to break a working game even more"

V0idSeeker

May 20, 2019
0.21 is still broken, dx12 and dx11 render, both dwm crash, I have no money to buy a new gpu, so ... pass, and good luck Auril in future experiments "how to break a working game even more"
I got an RTX 3070 and this still happens. Either this is bad coding or Auril is a time traveler.

Mr_SID133

Dec 5, 2019
It was a mistake to put new technology in an unfinished game with serious optimization problems in its previous versions, I wish I had kept the graphic options of v0.19

Reactions: rKnight

jayman_85

May 2, 2018
The game ran fine until a few patches ago when they started messing with RTX features.
Not entirely true. The game has shit performance and RTX features make it even worse. No way should a game like this use 60-70% of an RTX 3080 at 1080p on DX11. DX12 with DLSS runs 3 times worse than DX11 despite also looking noticeably worse.
RTX features should have been introduced when the game was complete, not because the dev got a new RTX card and wanted to test raytracing

Jan 19, 2021
Can anyone help me? I keep running out of video memory with an RX 570 that has 4 GB of VRAM. I already tried deleting OST_Game in %appdata% and tried to run the game at the lowest possible resolution and graphical settings in fullscreen, windowed, and fullscreen windowed.

ishida336

Jan 11, 2019
5800X, 16GB RAM, and a 3070, and it still crashes out unless I force it to DX11, which appears to just disable and break all the RTX stuff anyway, man, just take the RTX shit out and not completely break the game trying to play with it.

Or switch to Vulkan or something.

tomo65

Dec 29, 2016
I just downloaded v0.21b version and still have this same problem when launching the game. I still have to resort to add -dx11 after the target shortcut for the game to work. The performance indeed did improved though. I was getting around 40 fps before but now I'm getting 50 fps average.
View attachment 1614357
Even after adding -dx11 and all that jazz, 0.21b won't launch, same error.
Ryzen 3900x RTX 2070super.
Any ideas guys?

SantaDomingo

Oct 3, 2018
Okay! I played the new version and it ran just fine (Radeon masterrace here), just the performance was a little shitty, but that's to expect when you add physics in Unreal. BUT I stumbled across some annoying bugs: you shouldn't use the TV in the trailer to watch the VHS, that caused blackscreen for me, loading a savegame helped though. Also starting something in the gallery with time lapse on had the same effect. And DON'T pick up the key to the brothers room before you need it. I did that and I didn't have it anymore and couldn't pick it up when I had to get in there. So I hope that helps.

Reactions: NukaCola

mav99

Jun 8, 2020
Sure maybe the RTX features are a little rough but with 2.35 I can run Ultra Performance on my RTX 3090TI and it holdsup pretty well even at 4k with RTGI and everythiing maxed. Seeing that PSVR on the table and the glow raytraced was unreal! took screenshots but WCG and will lose the effect but that PSVR the way the wands lit up awesome. I applaud the initiative!

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Sure maybe the RTX features are a little rough but with 2.35 I can run Ultra Performance on my RTX 3090TI and it holdsup pretty well even at 4k with RTGI and everythiing maxed. Seeing that PSVR on the table and the glow raytraced was unreal! took screenshots but WCG and will lose the effect but that PSVR the way the wands lit up awesome. I applaud the initiative!
Does mirror work correctly if you have Ray Tracing on? Currently Kira hair is missing when you pose in front of the mirror and the mirror in the bathroom is just broken.
Not really a problem and I know it's complicated to design working mirror in video games. That is why most indie games and sometime even AAA games don't have it. But it will still be nice if the mirror work correctly.
OST_Game-Win64-Shipping_2022_01_30_04_11_19_881.jpg
OST_Game-Win64-Shipping_2022_01_30_04_11_41_494.jpg

drpavelcia

Aug 19, 2018
Does mirror work correctly if you have Ray Tracing on? Currently Kira hair is missing when you pose in front of the mirror and the mirror in the bathroom is just broken.
Not really a problem and I know it's complicated to design working mirror in video games. That is why most indie games and sometime even AAA games don't have it. But it will still be nice if the mirror work correctly.
View attachment 1623425
View attachment 1623427
Nope. Side note, I've been digging through the game's files using Umodel and they're a mess. Character models in weird places, clothing attached to multiple copies of the same model, etc. I wanted to create a nude mod, but you can either disable the entire character model, or make the clothing use a default checkerboard texture. No way to hide the clothes, unless you can do the modding in UE itself, which I'm not sure about.

Edit: Even trying to mod using UE didn't work. I'm guessing you have to modify the mesh for the character model, but that's an entire headache I don't want to go through.

Last edited:
Reactions: NukaCola

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
I keep getting crashes involving not enough memory. WTF? Since when did this require more than 6GB VRAM/16GB RAM?

user0609

Dec 17, 2018
I keep getting crashes involving not enough memory. WTF? Since when did this require more than 6GB VRAM/16GB RAM?
Since Auril decided to add RT and DX12 to the game, and because Auril have no idea how to integrate this features properly game crashes on many pcs.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes