AKozOfBliss

May 30, 2017
Maaan, I hadn't even realised it was 6GB in size. And made on RPGMaker?... Really?... Odd choice...

I might come across as mean, but... it seems to me like the dev might be a bit of a newbie tackling a project with a name that carries a lot of weight and expectations to go along. Seems a bit ill-advised, imo. Setting himself up for heartbreak. Though I might be wrong about my impression.

Haven't played the game itself, so take my words with a pinch of salt. I'm just speaking from a very surface level.

Though, to be honest, I do reckon modernising Simgirls is possible. But it's just that only remastering its graphics is not gonna cut it.

To truly remake Simgirls into this modern age, I think you gotta sit down and think hard about the game's mechanics, their core essence, their aim, and how to achieve the same goals using more modern design theory and sensibilities.

The original Simgirls is too dated for its mechanics to be translated 1-to-1 into a modern iteration. So I believe it is essential, for a truly modern Simgirls to succeed, that the mechanics be fundamentally rebuilt from the ground up. To give it the Final Fantasy VII Remake treatment.

On a brighter note, however, I do have to praise the teaser.
It was fairly well done, to be honest. And it managed to get me really excited about a game I hadn't properly seen, and before I started reading about all of the issues. The dev has good sense, at least in that regard.

Last edited:

SirTwist

Nov 5, 2017
If it were me remaking this game, I would have, possibly, remade it with Ren'py rather than RGMaker. I would also have just updated the art work to include 3d, or more 3d look. But kept, basically, the same look as the original. The reason I would have done it in Ren'py over flash, is that flash isn't being used, as much, anymore. And Ren'py is a bit more flexible on things.

APSabot

Apr 27, 2020
Do not play this game. it's entirely comprised of terribly written, though surprisingly well animated, unskipable cutscenes. "But Sabot!" I hear you say "Good writing is subjective" What if I told you each cutscene was basically lifted directly from DNA^2, as in the original manga. What if I told you it was the same early 90's style with barely any player agency and barely any gameplay. "It's a demo!" I hear you say. Yes, A 6 GB demo with nearly an hour of unskipable cutscenes with no fast forward here's the game: Assign girls stat farming tasks, assign girls modeling jobs: both text based and entirely passive. then do one text social activity, skip time, get told you have to navigate on the map to the next cutscene, right now you can't do anything else.

repeat until the demo ends.

those passive farming bits with 1-2 rpgm style "idol battle" . . . That's the gameplay. That's the GOOD PART! the cutscenes are that painful to read.
But Again, nicely animated. and the voice acting is even competent.

Did i mention it was voiced? Yup, it is, and its actually ok, the dialogue itself is just shit.

Last edited:

Elmsdor

Dec 23, 2017
It's the oG Dev himself back in the day. Had a site called BlackSpears. I even bought the artbook too haha. And it played on some wierd Macromedia thing.

Guess we see how this goes!

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
SimgirlsRemake-1.5.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.

We're doing a funding run! !​

Reactions: Gabaw

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Interesting and certainly a tall order to "remake" something like this. The problem I think the dev will run into here is that Half of what made Simgirls what it is comes down to its art style and characters. Both of which come from the early 90s anime "DNA2".
One either dies a vomitting nerd or lives long enough to change into the villain the Megaplayboy.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
View attachment 2297718

Overview:
Remaking Simgirls, one of the most played dating sim games in the World.
It is a Flash game first released on Newgrounds back in 2002.

Gameplay:
Thread Updated: 2023-10-01
Release Date: 2023-08-24
Developer: Simgirls - -
Censored: No
Version: 1.5.1
Language: English
Voiced: Japanese
Other Games: Link
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

Uhhh.... depending on the accuracy of the remake... it may need the Netorare tag.

I will say I am yet to see a well done AICG though :KEK: so can understand the hate.

1.00 star(s) 4 Votes