jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
While I'm bias since I'm a fan, I would postpone the "New Requests from Girls" and the "Info/App" upgrade until the version with the mansion if I were the dev.

I agree, it has seem these 2,1,13; have slowed the release of it since the first posting of Version 0.16.0 Progress report I saw.
I would also add that 2 and 13 goes more along with the plot of the mansion harem vibe the dev seems to going for.
As for the walkthrough I can take it or leave it, I personally don't follow most of them other than the twist (fuck that trying figure those triggers out).

I can understand the dev's reasoning for not wanting to release it the state its in, but I still agree whole heatedly with you, redproud.

2. Update - 70% completed

Improvements :
2. Info app (Quest/Tasks) - Will have a new screen and more information on it - 35% completed

NEW:
1. Oliver - we found him. Introduction of Ch3. (Business and Politics) - 30% completed
13. New requests from your girls ... buy or do stuff. 15% completed

Last edited:

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
Thanks for this satirious . Was hoping for a Simple Christmas but fingers crossed for a New Years surprise!

While I'm bias since I'm a fan, I would postpone the "New Requests from Girls" and the "Info/App" upgrade until the version with the mansion if I were the dev.

First, thematically, getting the mansion at the same time as more info on the girls is a nice Life Progression bonus for current players. That it applies backwards to Day 1 is irrelevant to people with max grind (or console cheesed) play saves who will probably move into mansion as their first pre-workday/post-workday activity. "New Year, New Me" as the saying goes.

Second, the "New Requests from Girls" will probably spark new creativity from the dev when the MC and girls are in a house. Mow the lawn, wash the car, clean the pool, et cetera. Flows naturally with the new location otherwise he's going to be working on "New Requests from Girls" twice, for pre-mansion and post-mansion.

Finishing the Sasha animation - which is enjoyable for the dev - and then the Oliver/Julia story content which is essential to the code base, is far more important than the above IMHO.
The info ap is probably more coding than anything for megalono at this point and the reason for it needing to wait for the other quests to complete so the info from those go into it.

If I am correct, then delaying it until the mansion would be counter productive. He needs to get that info ap in the wild so it can be tested and broken by users ahead of adding the mansion code. That too will need to be beaten and broken by users. Releasing them together will muddy the waters in testing and repairing. That is something none us that enjoy the game want.

Bugs suck for everyone. Bugs that are difficult to narrow down because of two major code additions on top of themselves would suck more.

Reactions: megalono

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
The info ap is probably more coding than anything for megalono at this point and the reason for it needing to wait for the other quests to complete so the info from those go into it.

If I am correct, then delaying it until the mansion would be counter productive. He needs to get that info ap in the wild so it can be tested and broken by users ahead of adding the mansion code. That too will need to be beaten and broken by users. Releasing them together will muddy the waters in testing and repairing. That is something none us that enjoy the game want.

Bugs suck for everyone. Bugs that are difficult to narrow down because of two major code additions on top of themselves would suck more.
This could be more of argument for releasing in steps (like doing; info app -> mansion with Oliver - we found him. Introduction of Ch3 -> New requests from your girls ... buy or do stuff) than dumping it all in with the mansion.
It seems the info app is a core system change and should have priority since most likely to have more calls too and from it, from other objects.

There would be nothing wrong with a 15.5 (15.x+ release) that facilitates an easier and quicker (relative term) transition into 16.0 centered around QOL (Quality Of Life), back end fixtures based, or with future proofing past issues by being smaller but more targeted upgrades or patches. Than a large content and story continuation update.

Large game developers do this all the time (think hot fix).
Its not the end of the world if you cant fit everything you want by some arbitrary time line, that you (the developer) has set that only serves to stress you (the developer) out by not making it "all done" by that time.

Slow and steady... is better than flash and burn out.

JMTC...

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
Man reading about all the pregnancies in the changelog makes me wanna play the game again but I remember playing it before and I took the asian girl as my girlfriend and for some reason automatically proceeded to marry her even tho I didn't do anything to trigger that back then. Does the game still put you in premature endings or can I actually roam around and see everything and have fun with every girl now?

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
Man reading about all the pregnancies in the changelog makes me wanna play the game again but I remember playing it before and I took the asian girl as my girlfriend and for some reason automatically proceeded to marry her even tho I didn't do anything to trigger that back then. Does the game still put you in premature endings or can I actually roam around and see everything and have fun with every girl now?
There is an option to skip the first part of the game now, and also option to play VN mode if you prefer that.
If you insist to play from the 1st part, just don't pick any option that can indicate you choose one girl (it's not that kind of game I guess)

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Will there be a scene about Lyn?
Megalono has said in the past that he will put it to a poll. If/when he does fear not it wont be long after that the MC will have Lyn's legs wrapped around him as she will be about to experience motherhood all over again.
Even if I make a laughing stock now of me, but:

Who is Lyn?
You could beat me to death and I would not be able to get who she is...

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
There is an option to skip the first part of the game now, and also option to play VN mode if you prefer that.
If you insist to play from the 1st part, just don't pick any option that can indicate you choose one girl (it's not that kind of game I guess)
So basically I should decide against taking any of the girls as my girlfriend for example? Will that prevent those premature endings? I honestly love harems and my goal would be to get them all but I kinda thought I could have all of them as girlfriends/wives at the same time.

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
So basically I should decide against taking any of the girls as my girlfriend for example? Will that prevent those premature endings? I honestly love harems and my goal would be to get them all but I kinda thought I could have all of them as girlfriends/wives at the same time.
you can have em all , not as wifes tho, ch1 doesnt really matter, just play it till you reach ch2 and then if you miss any of the 4 you can take with you, start new game from ch2 and bring em all with you.
for ch1 only thing that matters pretty much at least did in past, if you get them pregnant by any means possible, they come with you, if not they dont

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
It's been so long I played the first part of the game, but from what I can remember, basically you need to play as a sneaky bastard and not a loving man... So if you want to have them all you need to do some cheating, and shitty questionable things to make all of em pregnant so they can become your girlfriends/wives (except 2 girls, but one of em will be available on part 2).

Last edited:

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
There are no "premature endings". All of the girls end up married to you (or at least your live-in girlfriends, I don't recall), so you are not being railroaded into anything other than the harem of all the girls. I guess maybe you were operating on the assumption that because you married the first one, you couldn't then marry, or at least repeatedly breed, every other girl you see - That just isn't the case.

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
^ I never get the ending from all my play through, but reading from his post and also I remember some reports from other user in the past, that there exists an ending that ends up you only married one girl on the 1st part of the game.
This thread should've had multiple endings tag if it's true.

attilaacar

Feb 6, 2019
I'm playing Simple Days-0.15.1. I can't hit Secret with the red syringe. If I'm going to shoot, how will I do it?

3.90 star(s) 94 Votes