tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019

Hey everyone,
Single again version 0.04 is now out for the $10 tier and up. All the bonus stuff is also available. 0.03 is now available for free.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I'm enjoying the game overall, wish I could do a custom name instead of being stuck with Frank as the MC name. Look forward to seeing where the game goes storywise.

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
I exchanged some messages with him and he fought with the idea of making your own name but went with a name because he wanted to use a bunch of different nicknames for the characters during conversations and it would have been a mess, but it could still happen at some time

I'm enjoying the game overall, wish I could do a custom name instead of being stuck with Frank as the MC name. Look forward to seeing where the game goes storywise.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I exchanged some messages with him and he fought with the idea of making your own name but went with a name because he wanted to use a bunch of different nicknames for the characters during conversations and it would have been a mess, but it could still happen at some time
Ah, thanks for letting me know. I just happen to hate a person named Frank IRL and so it is very off-putting. Obviously I am just one person but I would cheer like mad if I could change the MC name.

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
Ah, thanks for letting me know. I just happen to hate a person named Frank IRL and so it is very off-putting. Obviously I am just one person but I would cheer like mad if I could change the MC name.
I actually just sent him a message about changing MCs name and leaving the girls, that way he can still use his nicknames just not for Frank, so will see what happens.

PS. cant remember who mentioned it but i did tell him about Divorce, lol, hopefully its fixed

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I actually just sent him a message about changing MCs name and leaving the girls, that way he can still use his nicknames just not for Frank, so will see what happens.
Yeah, the girls are fine - no issue there. I would say that being able to use a custom MC makes it more immersive for players so if he is not sure then that is something to consider (you probably already said that to him). Anyway, I'll just go ahead and try not to transfer any IRL hatred onto the main character. LOL

Reactions: MoreLinks

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
For those who dont know theres going to be Side Stories, theres only 1 going right now but this is special thing you get for a higher patron 20$.

Side Stories

I plan on making side stories that tie into the main game. Essentially these stories will focus on one of the characters in the game, showing what they have been up to during the events of the main game. The end of each side story will line up with a major event in the main game and provide an alternate view of what lead to the event. (Side stories will only be available to the $20 tier)

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
MrFriendly

You can use either unren or enable dev mode renpy to extract the game files and then take the script.rpy file load up notepad and drop the script file onto it and then search for Frank's name and change it to what you want. Save as - change save as type - to all files - scroll down to script.rpy file and overwrite it. If game is open close it and bring it back up and the name you picked is what will appear for his name. Both unren and enable dev mode renpy can be found on the site.

Now others might use his name when talking to him so select edit - replace - find what - Frank - replace with - whatever you picked - find next - replace - replace over and over till you got them all. Just make sure the name isn't part of a script line like for pulling up a picture or something otherwise you'll get a error when you hit it. If no script lines use the name you can just click replace all to mass change the name with one click.

Back up script file just in case for quick change back to try again if something gets messed up.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
MrFriendly

You can use either unren or enable dev mode renpy to extract the game files and then take the script.rpy file load up notepad and drop the script file onto it and then search for Frank's name and change it to what you want. Save as - change save as type - to all files - scroll down to script.rpy file and overwrite it. If game is open close it and bring it back up and the name you picked is what will appear for his name. Both unren and enable dev mode renpy can be found on the site.

Now others might use his name when talking to him so select edit - replace - find what - Frank - replace with - whatever you picked - find next - replace - replace over and over till you got them all. Just make sure the name isn't part of a script line like for pulling up a picture or something otherwise you'll get a error when you hit it. If no script lines use the name you can just click replace all to mass change the name with one click.

Back up script file just in case for quick change back to try again if something gets messed up.
Thank you, I will do that next update. Right now there isn't a lot of content so I'm not going to play through it again. However I will save your post so I can get rid of Frank in future.

Reactions: Cernunnos.

Blubberino

Mar 25, 2017
Looked like a promising plot, but after 30 minutes I couldn't take it anymore. Unreasonable behaviour left, right and centre from every single character, making everyone very unlikeable. On top of the author using his own unrealistic interpretation of how divorces and prenups work simply so they fit with his story, I just got too many warning bells with this one and will drop it.

On the plus side, the renders are nice I guess. If you can get used to the doll-like anime girl look. But if you are looking for a comprehensive story or believable characters, maybe play something else.

Reactions: bigphil963
3.90 star(s) 203 Votes