pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
I'm fairly certain, it is quite possibly the P.I. that was hired, to keep tabs on Frank and Abigail, that tipped him off.
Pay rather close attention to the dialogue near end of Chapter 1 when meeting the lawyers. The P.I. has been observing since after Jessica's passing. Which is before Frank and Shannon got reacquainted.
Yup. Originally thought it was Becca with a disguised voice, but after the lawyer reveal it has to have been either the PI or the lawyer.

Reactions: opurt666

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
So far, I think we only have the following leads:
It was a male caller and Frank didn't know the voice.

Personally, I have a few suspects there:
1. Becca. She is extremely clever and cunning. There's no way Shannon could have hidden that from her. Also, she wasn't surprised when Frank told her who her mother was having the affair with. She does say something along the lines that she suspected, but I suspect she had more than that. Even if she didn't make the call herself, she still would have had a friend make the call.

2. Someone in Jessica's family, namely the father. Possibly he had a guilty conscience about how he and his wife treated her. Maybe he kept an open eye on Abby and Frank from a distance after hearing that Frank married his daughter's adversary to avoid a drama like Shannon vs Jessica happening again. What argues against this is that Frank might have recognized the voice. However, Jessica and Frank had no contact with Jessica's family for many years. So enough time for the voice to change a bit and a phone can reinforce that.

3. this party girl's family lawyers. As we know the family, primarily the brothers and the mother, had guilt because their daughter/sister was the one who ran over Jessica. We likewise know that they kept an eye on Frank and Abby. What argues against this is that the topic of divorce came up and Abby was pretty composed, at least more so than Frank. So it would have made perfect sense to bring that up to convince him that you're on his side.
4. someone we don't know yet, but may yet get to know.

To be ruled out:
1. Abby's father. I don't know if he knew Abby's father's voice by then, but he probably would have recognized it after his phone call at the latest.
2. Lilly's father. To rub it in Frank's face. What speaks for it: Unlike Shannon, he wasn't really surprised to be caught by Frank. Considering that he just left his wife and daughter, it's also just an indication that he's a callous asshole.

-----

The private investigators are also an interesting thought. The only question then is: Did they not tell the lawyers that they had informed Frank? Even though they may have exceeded their authority, the lawyers could have used that to convince Frank that they were on his side.

Whoever did this, I hope it gets cleared up for us and for Frank.

Reactions: pgm_01

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
I'm fairly certain, it is quite possibly the P.I. that was hired, to keep tabs on Frank and Abigail, that tipped him off.
Pay rather close attention to the dialogue near end of Chapter 1 when meeting the lawyers. The P.I. has been observing since after Jessica's passing. Which is before Frank and Shannon got reacquainted.
Could have been Shannon's bull (Lilith's father) in a perverse way. Come and see me rail your wife. :PogChamp:

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
well the ver 10.3 was earlier than the last of the versions which was 13, chapter 1 is a condensation of ver 1-13

zerofreak

Mar 13, 2019
So far, I think we only have the following leads:
It was a male caller and Frank didn't know the voice.

Personally, I have a few suspects there:
1. Becca. She is extremely clever and cunning. There's no way Shannon could have hidden that from her. Also, she wasn't surprised when Frank told her who her mother was having the affair with. She does say something along the lines that she suspected, but I suspect she had more than that. Even if she didn't make the call herself, she still would have had a friend make the call.

2. Someone in Jessica's family, namely the father. Possibly he had a guilty conscience about how he and his wife treated her. Maybe he kept an open eye on Abby and Frank from a distance after hearing that Frank married his daughter's adversary to avoid a drama like Shannon vs Jessica happening again. What argues against this is that Frank might have recognized the voice. However, Jessica and Frank had no contact with Jessica's family for many years. So enough time for the voice to change a bit and a phone can reinforce that.

3. this party girl's family lawyers. As we know the family, primarily the brothers and the mother, had guilt because their daughter/sister was the one who ran over Jessica. We likewise know that they kept an eye on Frank and Abby. What argues against this is that the topic of divorce came up and Abby was pretty composed, at least more so than Frank. So it would have made perfect sense to bring that up to convince him that you're on his side.
4. someone we don't know yet, but may yet get to know.

To be ruled out:
1. Abby's father. I don't know if he knew Abby's father's voice by then, but he probably would have recognized it after his phone call at the latest.
2. Lilly's father. To rub it in Frank's face. What speaks for it: Unlike Shannon, he wasn't really surprised to be caught by Frank. Considering that he just left his wife and daughter, it's also just an indication that he's a callous asshole.

-----

The private investigators are also an interesting thought. The only question then is: Did they not tell the lawyers that they had informed Frank? Even though they may have exceeded their authority, the lawyers could have used that to convince Frank that they were on his side.

Whoever did this, I hope it gets cleared up for us and for Frank.
Hope it's not the private investigator, it shouldn't have any impact. I wouldn't like to be a new character, seems cheap.
All the other options are ok for me.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
yes pay attention ... the lawyer did make reference to Shannon ... but they had no idea what she was upto .... and had to stay out of things with MC's life .. it was the son's that helped MC make money selling real estate ... other than the son's .... the law firm stayed out of their lifes until after the divorce ....

zerofreak

Mar 13, 2019
yes pay attention ... the lawyer did make reference to Shannon ... but they had no idea what she was upto .... and had to stay out of things with MC's life .. it was the son's that helped MC make money selling real estate ... other than the son's .... the law firm stayed out of their lifes until after the divorce ....
Well, the investigator was observing he and Abby, and they know about the divorce so it's quite reasonable or think that they could find something regarding the cheating, even if the lawyer didn't recognize in their first meeting.

• Angry
Reactions: ImperialD

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
now that you mention it the lawyer said the the mother passed away months ago and they were dragging their feet to ensure the divorce was finalized before they informed MC of the winfall keeping shannon out of the picture.... makes most sense if it were law firm or brothers having made the call... from the begining I though becca had a friend call for her....

Reactions: D Dog and ImperialD

pepperbaer1

May 5, 2019
Hello, I'm playing this game for the first time. I really like it. but. why does meiko have to wear such an ugly dress on the first date with aby and lil?

Tr89

Aug 13, 2018
Decided to do a walkthrough MOD for this one. Enjoy!

Edit: Updated to Ch. 1 v1.0 (Gotta start a new save, I did the mod from scratch and the dev changed stuff. New save is per the dev, nothing I could do about it.)
i am getting image 'bg 192f001' through 'bg 192f004' not found

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
Ok, am I the only one that thinks that Lilith being compere to Ellen Page in Super is kinda ironic when Ellen come out as trans and became Eliot? Like she has all that insecurities about not being feminine enough then she is compared to the actress that comes out as trans and becomes a man.

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
ok assuming I didn't miss one there are 108 choices in chapter 1 (actual choices not things you must do as in only 1 tab to click) I decided since I had to start over I would click save for each choice and I have 18 filled pages (x6 per page)...

and becca is bestgirl hope to see mei on her knees soon :p

3.90 star(s) 202 Votes