GreggoryLove

Aug 1, 2021
Just wanted to say that I love the game so far. Great renders, animations, characters, and writing. I like that I don't instantly hate the MC within 15 mins of playing the game too. A lot of games think the MC has to be uber-pervert or a dick for some reason. I will say that the MC repeating over and over and over, etc... that this is "wrong" gets to be a little repetitive especially considering his thoughts and actions at other times.

For the most part though, this is a game I'd recommend to anyone who likes the genre. Even those that might be looking for "true" incest games I believe will enjoy this.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I agree with you there. As someone who cares more about the plot than the Lewds, I enjoy the interaction between the characters. Lilith was exhausting at first, but if you pay attention, you'll notice that she's growing as a character. My personal favorite moments:
Lilli's first voluntary hug to Frank.
When Frank tells her that she is a good daughter. You can really tell at this point that this statement means a lot to her (it's probably also the first time anyone's told her that, Shannon's not the kind of person who would say that, and her dad took off) and you have to remember, Lilli almost calls Frank Dad here, albeit accidentally.
When Lilli really opens up to Frank for the first time and she finally accepts him as her father.

His self-doubts are exhausting, but since CNG probably wants to have a relatively realistic approach also justified and he has them only with his girls and to some extent with Mei (although here less than with the girls) and even with him we see some progress.

What I would like to see, and I hope CNG sees this, that the VN gets a (better) proofreader. It does get a bit distracting at times.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Both also have, according to Abby,the same death stare. Fortunately, Lilli is more sympathetic and has better taste in hairstyles (I don't think teenage Shannon's haircut suited her at all).

I also can't help but notice that while she obviously has some of her mother's traits (the effervescent temper), I also notice that she has some things that remind me of Jessica:

Very affectionate to people she likes.
An unlucky hand when it comes to men.
A troubled relationship with her parents.

So I can't help but think that if Jessica were still alive and Abby brought Lilli home, Jess probably wouldn't be too thrilled at first, but would probably quickly thaw out towards her when she realizes that Lilli and Abby are good friends, Lilli and she (Jess) are not different in certain ways, and their friendship drives Shannon crazy.

Speaking of Shannon's insanity, it's safe to assume that the conflict between Lilli and her mother is based on this friendship with Abby (or as Shannon sees it: mini-Jessica) and they are both quite strong-willed and such similar personalities repel each other like two poles of the same name on a magnet. I could also imagine the mystery of the enmity between Shannon and Jessica playing into it somehow as well. But we won't see if and how until CNG addresses that. The simplest assumption would be that Shannon has always been a bitch, but aside from the obviousness of that, if that was the only reason it wouldn't have been such a mystery.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamesonwulf

Jellyluve

Apr 17, 2017
I think the Mega download link (PC) on the OP isn't updated to the latest version.
Mega - SingleAgain-0.13-pc.zip
The other PC links - SingleAgainCHP1-1.0-pc.zip

Last edited:

Illianne

Oct 28, 2021
hI,
I just would like to ask something. I don't know why, but for this game like the stand alone Lilith's Longing, i don't have any musics. It's normal, or i missed something ?
I'm using the windows app by the way.
Thank's by advance

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
hI,
I just would like to ask something. I don't know why, but for this game like the stand alone Lilith's Longing, i don't have any musics. It's normal, or i missed something ?
Thank's by advance
I think these games do not have any sounds. But I am not 100% sure as I always mute everything almost eminently after I started the game.

Reactions: GetOutOfMyLab

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
hI,
Thank's by advance
No music or sound in "Chapter 1" (up through 0.13). I think I saw something in the Discord room about adding it into the upcoming editions, but I'm not certain about that. If you aren't in the room, look at the first post in this thread for the link, and if it isn't there, search this thread for "discord". I know I got it from this board.

Oct 29, 2017
Minor bug (not a patron so can't post it there): Two instances of the character's name just use Frank rather than [Frank] in script 0.13.rpy, so it uses the default name rather than the customized one. Happens during the story about Jessica.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Minor bug (not a patron so can't post it there): Two instances of the character's name just use Frank rather than [Frank] in script 0.13.rpy, so it uses the default name rather than the customized one. Happens during the story about Jessica.
"Last day before college at the campfire with Crystal", yeah. Just came to look whether somebody had posted it already. Can confirm this not from the script but from in-game experience. "Frank chokes on his drink." and "Frank coughs."

Also, he insists he and Jess are just "freinds". While she is just happy just having a "dink" in her hand.

Vorsoth

May 14, 2021
I have question: this Single again in version 0.13 is final?? I have question because in game description is Version: Chapter 1 and it seem than it is final. Thanks for explanation.

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
I have question: this Single again in version 0.13 is final?? I have question because in game description is Version: Chapter 1 and it seem than it is final. Thanks for explanation.
Chapter 1 is chapter 1. The next release will be the beginning of chapter 2

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Chapter 1 is finished, bugfixes and typo eradication notwithstanding.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I've been thinking a lot about Shannon lately. Just because she is not a love interest in the game doesn't mean she has to be a monster. It wouldn't be very interesting if she was just a wicked stepmother trope. If she is found to have understandable motivations for acting as the antagonist she could be a tragic character that we could grow to understand and - who knows? - maybe even love. As the saying goes every sinner has a future and every saint a past. No matter what she has done to this point, she isn't beyond redemption. We really don't know why she has sex with her ex husband. People have sex for all kinds of reasons that have nothing to do with love or even lust. The entire day when Frank caught them was some kind of set up aimed at ruining their marriage. But to what end? Who benefits? Shannon and her ex didn't end up together afterward. All that resulted was a broken home.

Her worse act was her accusations against Frank, but nobody has asked the question of why she behaved as she did at the divorce proceedngs. Why did her lawyer give her such shitty advice? Why is she so desperate for money? Why is she drinking herself to death? She is suffering just as much as the protagonists that we follow and nobody gives much of a shit. Is she struggling with substance abuse or mental health problems? Becca has a plan that will totally cut her mother out of the family and take her place as the matriarch, which she has been planning for 5 years. What happened 5 years ago to get this plan rolling? What turned her into Electra of Argos?

I have never seen a woman with so many knives sticking out of her back. It is almost comical how many people have gone out of their way to fuck her over. Basically everybody but Frank. My thoughts are that Shannon is in deep trouble and she doesn't see any way out of it. She is behaving like a trapped animal and it is obvious that somebody is doing everything they can to destroy her. Perhaps all this is happening to her because of some other wrong she did. It may be that her ex or somebody else was blackmailing her. She could have turned to her ex only because he was in some position to help her. Maybe she took on an enormous amount of private debt because Frank wasn't pulling his weight financially and that bill is coming due. There are any number of explaination for her increasingly desperate and erratic behavior. It could be that someone actively seeking her discrace and humiliation is the inciting incident of the entire game.

TL/DR Shannon is serving as the villain of the piece when in reality she is just a person who is spiraling downward because of one big mistake. But she could be more in the story and would be a much more interesting character if we had a chance to see things from her point of view.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
TL/DR Shannon is serving as the villain of the piece when in reality she is just a person who is spiraling downward because of one big mistake. But she could be more in the story and would be a much more interesting character if we had a chance to see things from her point of view.
Well, I see more than "one bad mistake" here, basically every flashback (that includes her) shows flaws in character. Yes, she hasn't been treated too nicely by the MC who also only saw her as a kind of rebound from a "break up I didn't have because we never were a couple because we never had feelings for each other anyway, damn, why am I always so sad when I think about it" oblivion and thus treated her differently than he should've. Still, she is (or was in her youth) conceited and self absorbed.

And while I appreciate where you are coming from - it IS more interesting to know about the characters in a story, what drives them, and so on - I don't think this will be Shannon's story. Sometimes you just need an antagonist to make a story work, even if they have redeeming characteristics, even if they have good reason to act how they act, this would be part of a different story. In my eyes, Single Again is not about Shannon at all. It is about a father and his (step) children. And maybe some people close to him. A spin off may work but don't let her take over this story which isn't about her. She is a side character, an enabler of the story, not so much a focus IMO.

As for the odds, it has already been stated that she is not and never will be a love interest in the game (context: her cheating scenes therefore do not qualify as NTR), so any redemption and "we will all be one big happy family again" arc seem unlikely to me.

(Also I don't want to see the uproar in these forums if she became closer and reconciled - even in a non LI way - since many people on many threads have stated things along the line of "fool me once - shame on you, fool me twice - shame on me", meaning they do not accept redemption arcs from cheating as easily. Even if others very much like such developments. This thread will become a battlefield.

Reactions: TheFurs and v1900

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
I've been thinking a lot about Shannon lately. Just because she is not a love interest in the game doesn't mean she has to be a monster. It wouldn't be very interesting if she was just a wicked stepmother trope. If she is found to have understandable motivations for acting as the antagonist she could be a tragic character that we could grow to understand and - who knows? - maybe even love. As the saying goes every sinner has a future and every saint a past. No matter what she has done to this point, she isn't beyond redemption. We really don't know why she has sex with her ex husband. People have sex for all kinds of reasons that have nothing to do with love or even lust. The entire day when Frank caught them was some kind of set up aimed at ruining their marriage. But to what end? Who benefits? Shannon and her ex didn't end up together afterward. All that resulted was a broken home.

Her worse act was her accusations against Frank, but nobody has asked the question of why she behaved as she did at the divorce proceedngs. Why did her lawyer give her such shitty advice? Why is she so desperate for money? Why is she drinking herself to death? She is suffering just as much as the protagonists that we follow and nobody gives much of a shit. Is she struggling with substance abuse or mental health problems? Becca has a plan that will totally cut her mother out of the family and take her place as the matriarch, which she has been planning for 5 years. What happened 5 years ago to get this plan rolling? What turned her into Electra of Argos?

I have never seen a woman with so many knives sticking out of her back. It is almost comical how many people have gone out of their way to fuck her over. Basically everybody but Frank. My thoughts are that Shannon is in deep trouble and she doesn't see any way out of it. She is behaving like a trapped animal and it is obvious that somebody is doing everything they can to destroy her. Perhaps all this is happening to her because of some other wrong she did. It may be that her ex or somebody else was blackmailing her. She could have turned to her ex only because he was in some position to help her. Maybe she took on an enormous amount of private debt because Frank wasn't pulling his weight financially and that bill is coming due. There are any number of explaination for her increasingly desperate and erratic behavior. It could be that someone actively seeking her discrace and humiliation is the inciting incident of the entire game.

It's all very nice and all, but these are mostly only your fan theories. I don't think Shannon will get a redemption arc. Maybe some reasoning behind her and Jess's rivalry but nothing more.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Shannon is unredeemable. Period.

The why is utterly unimportant. She's an adult and responsible for her choices and actions. With regard to her mistreatment of the MC, she's a repeat offender. Her actions in the divorce were fully considered, vindictive, and premeditated. She was attempting to destroy the MC's life. Without the sisters' intervention she may well have succeeded. She is still intent on preventing any interaction between the Becca and Lily and the MC. She is completely unapologetic, in fact she seems to believe that she has nothing for which to apologize. The MC has been forced make legal preparations to combat her expected action to get a share of the house and monies that have come to the MC and Abby after the divorce is final.

3.90 star(s) 202 Votes