Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
After reading through all of this, a question I'm not sure we have the answer to is whether Shannon had a brother - something may have been mentioned about an uncle to the girls or somesuch, but I simply can't remember and don't feel like digging for my external drive and probing the game. Shoot me.

Given the nature of the abrupt departure of her family, and the apparent appearance of Becca within the year after that disappearance, if the pregnancy wasn't caused by dear old dad (they had a relationship with their Abuela, so I don't think Shannon's parents were cut off from them), which I doubt, then maybe it was her brother. That, or since she seems to have a penchant for cheating with exes, she had a booty call with a guy she dated before she met Frank, the family took it badly, and they relocated to avoid scrutiny.

In any event, I'm in the "Becca and Lilly have different dads and Frank isn't either of them" camp. Whether Becca's dad is a first order relative or a rando (I wonder if she knew Bob Bourgies....), I guess we won't know that for sure until CNG makes it obvious - maybe in the side story, which would be a good venue for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tavi13

stangnomez

Jun 20, 2020
I think that the timing of Beccas birth was not an accident on CNG's part. If you do the math, the date of her conception was right around the point in the flashback story where Shannon says "We can spend the whole day doin' it and doin' it and doin' it..."", followed by Abby saying "Did you just tell me a story about how you and Shannon spent a weekend doing it?"

I don't think that necessarily means that Frank is Beccas father, but I do think that 1) Shannon was knocked up that weekend (it started with a party), and 2) Beccas paternity/potential paternity will play a role in the story at some point

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
since we know beccas birthday is march 15 I used a pregnancy calculator to confirm shannons first missed period was june 14 and if the party was last school day that weekend ( as locally hs ends last week of may) she woulda got preggo that weekend of the party, but it seems she was shipped off before they knew she was preggo for whatever reason... and it might not be exposed till end of story because patreon rules

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I don't think that necessarily means that Frank is Beccas father, but I do think that 1) Shannon was knocked up that weekend (it started with a party), and 2) Beccas paternity/potential paternity will play a role in the story at some point
totally potential test since if cng keeps this game at patreon frank won't become bloodrelated father to becky, even current situation is barely inside patreon rules.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
After reading through all of this, a question I'm not sure we have the answer to is whether Shannon had a brother - something may have been mentioned about an uncle to the girls or somesuch, but I simply can't remember and don't feel like digging for my external drive and probing the game. Shoot me.

Given the nature of the abrupt departure of her family, and the apparent appearance of Becca within the year after that disappearance, if the pregnancy wasn't caused by dear old dad (they had a relationship with their Abuela, so I don't think Shannon's parents were cut off from them), which I doubt, then maybe it was her brother. That, or since she seems to have a penchant for cheating with exes, she had a booty call with a guy she dated before she met Frank, the family took it badly, and they relocated to avoid scrutiny.

In any event, I'm in the "Becca and Lilly have different dads and Frank isn't either of them" camp. Whether Becca's dad is a first order relative or a rando (I wonder if she knew Bob Bourgies....), I guess we won't know that for sure until CNG makes it obvious - maybe in the side story, which would be a good venue for it.
Hehe; shooting would be a bit extreme, doncha' think? :)

I recently did a play through, and do not remember any mention of a brother. Might have missed/forgotten it, my memory is as sharp as a steel sieve, but I am only remembering an uncle mentioned.

Hmmm.....maybe she cheated on Frank before the party, then cheated on Trevor with the same person years later, and Becca and Lily do have the same parents after all.

Frank really is the most likely candidate (timing wise), but I just don't think Shannon is the type to not use that info against him at some point.
Even if she didn't use the info against him; why keep it a secret for 23+ years? Especially since there would have been no reason to keep it a secret after she got back together with Frank. If anything; telling him would have made him more likely to stay with her (at least in the beginning).

I REALLY hope that Shannon ends up with a side story, and not just because of the parentage question.....I seriously want to know what the deal was between her & Jess and as far as we know, they are the only two who know..

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
since we know beccas birthday is march 15 I used a pregnancy calculator to confirm shannons first missed period was june 14 and if the party was last school day that weekend ( as locally hs ends last week of may) she woulda got preggo that weekend of the party, but it seems she was shipped off before they knew she was preggo for whatever reason... and it might not be exposed till end of story because patreon rules
While birthday minus 9 months is a good rough calculation, life is not so simple. Some pregnancies are a bit off from that. The period of course doesn't align necessarily perfectly with the conception, and so forth.

Also the game is set in Canada, where school lasts (according to google) until late June.

I still stand by the idea that maths may not work because CNG didn't do the perfect simulation by getting to impregnate some school girls right before school's ending and seeing how it plays out. Lack of research I'd say ;)

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
totally potential test since if cng keeps this game at patreon frank won't become bloodrelated father to becky, even current situation is barely inside patreon rules.
Actually, I'm pretty sure it does violate them already. Patreon doesn't use a definition for incest that requires blood relations, because the laws of many places don't require blood relations to charge under incest laws. It's all down to whether or not they get reported - which I don't think will depend on if Frank ends up being Rebecca's bio dad.

Reactions: Cartageno

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
School calendars are set by local school districts, not nation wide.
I agree, I think something significant has happened at the home front nessecitation shannons removale from the home, I personally suspect she either was caught playing with daddy or someone in the household or got caught with some other guy in her room, if she thought MC was father she would have used that as leverage in their marriage...

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
School calendars are set by local school districts and provinces. Some start in mid/late August, so they end in late May/first of June.
Okay, I stand corrected (as I said I only googled it) but does that not also mean that any date (within the spectrum) can be construed to allow for the story working or not, so it isn't really a useful information?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Actually, I'm pretty sure it does violate them already. Patreon doesn't use a definition for incest that requires blood relations, because the laws of many places don't require blood relations to charge under incest laws. It's all down to whether or not they get reported - which I don't think will depend on if Frank ends up being Rebecca's bio dad.
yea since frank is basically abby's daddy (he has raised her since she was just a baby) and was lilly's and becky's dad (sorta) for a while so there are "few" flags but as long as patreon shows no signs it's ok.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Hehe; shooting would be a bit extreme, doncha' think? :)

I recently did a play through, and do not remember any mention of a brother. Might have missed/forgotten it, my memory is as sharp as a steel sieve, but I am only remembering an uncle mentioned.

Hmmm.....maybe she cheated on Frank before the party, then cheated on Trevor with the same person years later, and Becca and Lily do have the same parents after all.

Frank really is the most likely candidate (timing wise), but I just don't think Shannon is the type to not use that info against him at some point.
Even if she didn't use the info against him; why keep it a secret for 23+ years? Especially since there would have been no reason to keep it a secret after she got back together with Frank. If anything; telling him would have made him more likely to stay with her (at least in the beginning).

I REALLY hope that Shannon ends up with a side story, and not just because of the parentage question.....I seriously want to know what the deal was between her & Jess and as far as we know, they are the only two who know..
Nerf gun, only. But beware, I have quite the arsenal myself and I'm a crack shot. ;)

I couldn't remember a brother or other male relative, so it was just wild speculation for those that really want real incest somewhere in the background, if not the foreground, of this story.

The "same father for both, but not Trevor" is an interesting thought, but I doubt it will play out that way. Not that siblings can't be very different, but Becca and Lilly have such different body types that different fathers would make sense. Genetics get weird, but, if you look at a family like the Kardashian/Jenner sibs, you can tell there were three male doners: Robert K., OJ, and Bruce. Kourtney and Kim clearly had the same daddy, as did Kendall and Kylie; Khloe is OJ's all day long - from facial features to height.

I think the "three girls, three different sperm donors, none of them Frank" is what we'll eventually find is the truth of the relationships.

stangnomez

Jun 20, 2020
1) The party was June 4, and Shannons move was sometime either end of June or beginning of July. The timing works for unsafe sex->missed period->parents freaking out to get her away from 'bad influences'

2) While I wouldn't put it past Shannon to use Beccas paternity as leverage, I'm not sure how she could have done so. Frank knowing that he was Beccas father would have given him leverage in the form of custody over Becca if they split early on, and later Frank and Becca had developed a relationship that was already uncomfortably strong from Shannons perspective

Edit: and that's even assuming that she is sure Rebecca is Franks. If she had fooled around at the party before no pants weekend, she might have the added worry of what happens if a paternity test is ever needed/done

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I think we can definitely be sure of one thing:

At the time Becca learned that Frank and her mother were once a couple ages ago, and she learned their ages at that time and the time period, she will probably have compared that to the approximate time period in which she was conceived.

Then, once she was older, she will probably have somehow organized a paternity test to find out if he is her father.

At this point, Frank is simultaneously and not Becca's father until we learn more about that. It's highly likely that even Shannon doesn't know who Becca's biological father is and she actually never brought up the possibility that Frank could be it because she was actually afraid that it would then - from her point of view - be Frank + Abby + Becca teaming up against her.

Should, and I say this with a big if, Frank be Becca's father and Becca know this, then there are also good reasons why this was never brought up:

1. family peace. Shannon would have made a fuss about it, guaranteed.
2. she had her potential father there. That's all she needed.
3. Lilli: I think it would have been even more difficult for her psychologically if it came out that Frank was Becca's father and at that time Becca and Abby would have been biological half-sisters, which would have inevitably made them closer and she (Lilli) would have been the only one in that family without her father.

For me personally, it doesn't really matter whether he is or not.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
So Schroedinger's Dad - I can live with that ;)

That is actually something I use here quite often. Way more often than anywhere else.

Another thing:
I go back through the plot and am at the point where Lilli finds Abby and Frank. Is it just me, or is Abby's hug for Frank, in addition to the rules, also a kind of punishment for Lilli? At least that's what I feel when I look at her facial expression. And I must correct myself. It's definitely some kind of punishment from Abby for Lilli. She explicitly asks for a kiss and Lilli has turned away at this point. I think this falls under the heading of " affectionate severity".

csmk14

Mar 12, 2020
I think we can definitely be sure of one thing:

At the time Becca learned that Frank and her mother were once a couple ages ago, and she learned their ages at that time and the time period, she will probably have compared that to the approximate time period in which she was conceived.

Then, once she was older, she will probably have somehow organized a paternity test to find out if he is her father.

At this point, Frank is simultaneously and not Becca's father until we learn more about that. It's highly likely that even Shannon doesn't know who Becca's biological father is and she actually never brought up the possibility that Frank could be it because she was actually afraid that it would then - from her point of view - be Frank + Abby + Becca teaming up against her.

Should, and I say this with a big if, Frank be Becca's father and Becca know this, then there are also good reasons why this was never brought up:

1. family peace. Shannon would have made a fuss about it, guaranteed.
2. she had her potential father there. That's all she needed.
3. Lilli: I think it would have been even more difficult for her psychologically if it came out that Frank was Becca's father and at that time Becca and Abby would have been biological half-sisters, which would have inevitably made them closer and she (Lilli) would have been the only one in that family without her father.

For me personally, it doesn't really matter whether he is or not.
I was thinking about this a couple years ago. :) https://f95zone.to/threads/single-again-v1-16-clever-name-games.46941/post-4536037

Reactions: MrLKX

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
The "same father for both, but not Trevor" is an interesting thought....
Oh; you can pretty much ignore that, I don't think that is it at all.
That was more of a random, well that would seriously mess us all up, thought than anything else.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
By the way, something crossed my mind: The personalities (Dominant and Submissive) of each family member and their place in the pecking order. This is how I see it:

Before the divorce, I call it family 2.0
1. Shannon: Pompous and quick-tempered dominant.
2. Frank: Caring and submissive.
3. Becca: She describes herself as a mix of dominant and submissive, but I would call her more subtly dominant.
4. Lilli: Quick-tempered dominant like her mother, but with a good heart.
5. Abby: Submissive.

After the divorce, this dynamic changes somewhat. However, since only Shannon "leaves" the family in this picture I would call this list family 2.5.
1. Frank Caring and submissive. With traces of dominance (such as when Lilli crosses a line in her problem phase. he puts her in her place and she listens to him).
1. Becca: Continues to be subtly dominant. She lets Frank think he has his hands on the rudder, but in fact she manipulates events to a degree as yet unknown.
3. Abby: Actually has a change from submissive to subtly dominant like Becca. You can see this in the way she enforces her rules in the loft and also in the way she puts Lilli in her place after she gives Frank a black eye. Frank himself says that Lilli was usually only so calm when she was put in her place by Shannon.
3. Lilli: Clearly more submissive with traces of dominance. It is obvious that her quick-tempered nature has been grief management and self-protection. After she accepts Frank as her father, this recedes noticeably, although she still has her moments. However, it shows more and more how she might have developed if her heart had never been broken.

On the whole, Lilli and Abby have made the greatest character developments for me. The one develops more and more into an image of her mother, while the other also has characteristics of her own mother, but uses them for good, for those who are important to her.

I also assume the following scenario: When Frank says to Abby that he sees so much of her mother in her and that she is becoming more and more like her, she suddenly became very quiet. I assume this is because she is unsure if Frank sees her as just a substitute for her mother, whom he still loves, or if he is aware of her own personality and she may be worried that Frank will accidentally call her Jessica at some point as the dynamic gets tighter.

Reactions: Tavi13 and pgm_01

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
or if he is aware of her own personality and she may be worried that Frank will accidentally call her Jessica at some point as the dynamic gets tighter.

hmmm, interesting take on an abby quandry

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
or if he is aware of her own personality and she may be worried that Frank will accidentally call her Jessica at some point as the dynamic gets tighter.

hmmm, interesting take on an abby quandry
That's an interesting aspect of this VN, it does have its quirks ("Kay") but offers some potential for speculation and analysis for people interested in that sort of thing.

Another interesting facet that crossed my mind:

Frank's real name is Francis, however most people call him Frank. The exceptions are Shannon and Jessica. While Jessica always affectionately called him Franky, I can't think of any instance where Shannon doesn't call him Francis.

Even Lilli, who didn't have a very high opinion of him for a long time, always called him Frank, although it's safe to assume that Shannon called him Francis around the girls. This implies two things to me: even if she was never aware of it she respected Frank at least a little bit and for Shannon I have the following suspicion:

Shannon never really loved Frank, sexual attraction quite possible (hence the first meeting of Frank and Shannon), but never emotionally anywhere near the way Jessica loved him. I even go so far as to say that she only dated Frank to hurt Jessica, since that was a way to hurt her without her being able to fight back. That would also be a possible explanation for the cold breakup when Shannon had to move away.

When the two met again after years, Frank was a logical decision:

It is much easier to raise children with a reliable partner than alone.
He had a child himself, so he will know how to deal with children.
He had the "equipment" to scratch her itch.
He is someone she could keep pinned down quite easily.

Abby's resemblance to Jessica then only became a problem because Shannon is quite a narcissist who can't stand being second fiddle, even if she never really loved Frank. To Shannon, Shannon and only Shannon is important. Herself and after that the Great Flood. The resemblance was ultimately a trigger that told her: someone chose the person she loathed above all else over her. Abby thus became a symbol that her own worldview was a farce and was reminded of it every time she saw Abby. For someone like Shannon, this must have been a living hell.

And I thought about how Abby could make it so that especially Lilli would conform to her (Abby's) involvement.

We know that Lilli knows about Abby's rules, I even assume that she more or less knows Abby's long-term plans, but doesn't tell them to Frank so that they won't be realized.

I think the simplest variant is the following: Abby catches Frank and Lilli in the loft. She initially acts upset, especially towards Lilli's double standards.This will then possibly come down to Abby establishing a new rule that if the others want to keep her out of activities, she'll go along with it all the more.

The whole thing would be just for show, of course. We have already seen in updates that she is becoming much more dominant and somewhat manipulative in fulfilling her goals, not to the extent that Becca is, but it is still apparent. If that is the case, I definitely have to revise my earlier statement that Abby is the most vanilla ice creamy of the three sisters.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes