Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
Two posts with images of the upcoming version of the game have been published on Patreon. One post was posted here, but the other one was not. This is the second set of images.

Jace_Herondale here you are!

View attachment 1975699 View attachment 1975700 View attachment 1975701 View attachment 1975702 View attachment 1975703 View attachment 1975705 View attachment 1975706 View attachment 1975707 View attachment 1975708 View attachment 1975709
Thank you very much

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
The facial reactions of Vanessa and Beth go something like this:

Beth: OMG O_O
Vanessa: It's nice that you're now clear about what you want with her, but does it have to be when we're around?

Aside from that, Abby goes on the offensive and no prisoners are taken or consideration given to civilians.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

absalon1977

Jun 5, 2018
I have a few questions about the direction of the game first i always enjoy playing the game, but very early i decided that i would ignore the lesbian couple and focus on the 3 girls at least for now, this is not a big issue but i am getting a little irritated constantly saying no too the couple and i do worry a little that at some point sexual scenes between the couple and the girls would be forced, i would prefer that we could stop the route. Then there is the asian girl if she is forced i would probadly do a restart including her, now i am almost certain she is but it would be nice too get a confirmation.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
What has been going through my mind for a couple of weeks now: what did she actually mean in this scenes?

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And lest the post end on a bland note here's my theory on why Becca never called Frank "Dad" when they were family, even if Lilli wasn't a factor:

The dynamic was very Shannon-heavy with the following dynamics from Shannon's point of view:

Shannon despised Abby, tolerated Frank, Becca, and maybe Lilli.

Frank loved Shannon, saw Becca, Abby and Lilli as his daughters

Becca was neutral towards Frank but positive towards Abby and occasionally nasty towards Lilli, had respect for her (Shannon)?

Lilli respects (possibly fears somewhat?) Shannon, despises what Frank stands for, adores Abby and has a difficult relationship with Becca

Abby fears Shannon, loves Frank as her father, Lilli and Becca are like sisters to her (or Lilli a little more so).

Which thus brings us to the following scenario:

Abby was Team Frank, Lilli was Team Shannon, albeit more out of "fear" and because she didn't like Frank. Becca was pretty much neutral. This means that the teams were very evenly matched. Now if Becca had openly shown sympathy apart from the due respect, then the balance would have shifted in favor of Frank, possibly Becca and Abby would have even pulled Lilli into Team Frank's boat, so Team Shannon would have been just Shannon. At least, I can imagine Becca thinking something like that, which her mother might think. And I think that this assumption is even realistic: Shannon has already shown for me in the flashbacks in the first meeting with Frank that she has at least narcissistic personality traits and I also think it is absolutely likely that aside from the initial attraction towards Frank, before she knew that he and Jessica were friends, she only dated him later out of resentment towards Jess to hurt her.

The scene with the judge, the fact that she never did anything to help Lilli get over the pain of losing her father (though I would even argue in her favor here that psychotherapy is still stigmatized and hard to get) and her behavior towards Abby (just because she looks like Jessica) clearly show to me that Shannon is only interested in one person, and that is herself. To others, she only does things that benefit herself in the long run:

Shannon is dating Frank? Just to get one over on Jess. The fact that Frank was well endowed was a bonus.
Shannon later marries Frank and tries to be a mother to Abby? She just won't have felt like having to deal with Lilli's problems anymore (which we saw in flashbacks was actually done to a large extent by Frank). She will have only put up with Abby so that Frank would stay.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hehe; I've said before that I thought that this was the most likely scenario :)

Frank loved Shannon
This I do not fully agree with. I think he loved the idea of her, and the memory of her, more than he loved her. I also think that by the time he realized it, it was too late to do anything about it.
Abby would have lost another home + her "sisters", Bec & Lil would have lost another father which would (most likely) have completely destroyed Lil, and he would have lost any pretense of the "happy family" life that he managed to convince himself he had.

Reactions: MrLKX

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
What has been going through my mind for a couple of weeks now: what did she actually mean in this scenes?
Whether it is true or not, Becca is under the impression that Francis is her biological father. This has been discussed ad nausium here on the forum along with arguments about timelines and stuff. I am pretty agnostic to it, but Becca slips up enough to give sufficient hints that it is what she believes. Of course, there may be other options. Maybe Shannon had an affair with Franks's father and Becca is his sister. Either way, she would have reasons to be concerned about their consanguinity.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
This I do not fully agree with. I think he loved the idea of her, and the memory of her, more than he loved her. I also think that by the time he realized it, it was too late to do anything about it.
Abby would have lost another home + her "sisters", Bec & Lil would have lost another father which would (most likely) have completely destroyed Lil, and he would have lost any pretense of the "happy family" life that he managed to convince himself he had.
Now as I said, this scenario was written from Shannon's point of view. A better comparison would probably have been that he was a useful resource available at the right time from her point of view, I agree there.

Your statement defines very well the as-is scenario, but I guess from Shannon's point of view it's pretty irrelevant. We've already seen that Shannon doesn't care about Lilli's well-being as long as it doesn't reflect badly on herself. She doesn't care about Abby as a miniature Jessica, in her eyes, anyway, and I don't think she cares much about Becca in the scenario either.

I think that Becca and Lilli are like the trophy child (Becca) and the scapegoat (Lilli) for Shannon. "Becca accomplished something impressive? Just because I raised her to be that way and she followed MY example" could be a prevailing thought for Shannon, especially in her own social environment to increase her own position outside her family. Lilli, on the other hand, is the scapegoat who's to blame every time Shannon fart sits awry. Example of this in Lilith's longing, where she snaps at Lilli why she's home so late (she didn't know Lilli's work schedule - "Why should I care about my deadbeat daughter's deadbeat job?" could be her reasoning), while Frank was absolutely in the know about it.

At this point, I would also like to speak up for Frank. He is definitely not the classic extroverted MC with pronounced self-confidence. He is rather the introverted type, who and I know this from my own experience, questions his entire decisions. He obviously never got over the death of his first wife and best friend, and his marriage to Shannon may have also left damage to his self-esteem. But you have to hand it to him that he does act intelligently in some situations. For example, when Abby's father calls. The only VN with a similar situation I know would be DfD, where the protagonist's former sister-in-law shows up at his diner. Instead of telling his (foster) daughter about her mother, this protagonist just waits until everything explodes in his face and he almost loses her to her aunt. I think Frank acted well and was able to thwart the worst fallout, the existence of Lilly and Becca was I think a good help.

Outside of the Abby's father situation, there are a few other interesting scenes where Frank shows personality: there aren't many scenes, but I think there are at least 4 (first update where Lilly hits him, at the divorce where Frank is able to react to Shannon's accusations in an upset way, at the phone scammer where I find that scene rather funny, and at the scene with Becca in the hotel where he can take the initiative).

Do I think there should be more VN like this? I don't think so. It's a delicate balancing act, but Frank is definitely a change of pace that brings some fresh air.

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
This is pretty much what he said to Lilith
1660243978051.png

Reactions: Tavi13
3.90 star(s) 203 Votes