hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
It could also be it was the time for the PI's annual check-in, and in the process of getting settled in so he could get pictures as Frank and Abby got home from work and school he saw Wazface the abandoning father and Shannon arriving for their nooner and called Frank of his own volition.

Satarial

Jul 27, 2022
Hi! :)

Very cool game with good humor, I really like it (y)
I love Becky she's adorable and little Abby, they create such funny situations sometimes :LOL:

p.s. I love the memories of MC about Jess, about how he tells his little Abby about her mom,
it's so heartwarming...

Last edited:

McHela

Sep 16, 2020
I say. Patience is the key! Remember to inhale... and exhale... and inhale... and exhale... Breathing is a key point.
We will get an update as we are about 99.99% sure that (Cleaver name games) is still working on (Single Again)!

jclosed

Dec 3, 2019
Yeah - Just be patient. It will come some day for sure. Just don't get to fixed on a certain period. It's ready when it's ready.

Don't forget it's the author that also has created Frank, so I think it's a bit like: "Should I release it? No, No, No what would the audience think about that.... But I want to release it... No, I just can't! How would the Internet judge me..... But I still feel the urge to.... No, No, No, It's not ready.... But everyone is waiting! But, but....I Just Can Not Do That... I just can't... But I must! No - Don't think about it.... But Still.... No, I can't sink that low.... Should I? ... But, but, but, but......."

Hey - Just joking guy's. Please don't take it too seriously ;)

Last edited:

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
What theory exactly?
2a. We know little about their parents. Possibly one of Jessica's parents had an affair with one of Shannon's parents, which shattered Shannon's parents' marriage while Jessica's parents may have gotten back together.

2b. Shannon's father had an affair with Jessica's mother from which Jessica was born. Shannon's mother either forgave her husband or separated and married someone else. Jessica's mother in turn either married the child's father or someone else depending on what Shannon's mother did. Shannon was then raised by her mother to hate Jessica.
I am warming to both of these theories actually, I find them both very plausible, but slightly more towards 2b.

There is just something about the animosity between Jess and Shannon that seems very, very personal. Although the information we have comes from Frank's perspective (skewed or not), the worst was pretty much over by the time he comes into their story. All he sees is the fallout from it.
It could just be narcissistic jealousy that Jess's parents marriage survived when Shannon's parents didn't, especially if Shannon's mother was the same way that Shannon is, but it really seems like there is more to it than that. I also don't think that either of them would have found something like that to be important enough to hide from Frank.

I think that is what is throwing me, and why I want their side-story so much. What is so important that they would hate each other the way they did, but that neither of them ever wanted Frank to know about? 2b answers that question a little bit better than 2a, but neither of them perfectly answer it.

If there really was romantic interest on Shannon's part for Jess, I think it might have played out similar to the scene where Lilli gave Frank a nice black eye
This is very possible, or (as you mentioned before) maybe they experimented with each other at some point, but I just don't see why they would hide it from Frank. The rest of the world? Maybe, especially if it was the time before/where being in a same-sex relationship was just becoming acceptable, but why hide it from Frank? Especially if he asked after Jess married him? I can see Shannon not bringing it up once they were married, no point in crossing that line at that point, but why would Jess still hide it?

Unless they didn't hide it from Frank; the piece of the puzzle that we are missing could simply be that Frank already knows, and just isn't telling Abby (and by extension, us).

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
As for hiding an affair of the parents: I guess that the story should not be made public. We know little about their parents except that Shannon's parents eventually deported her and that Jess' parents gave her a choice: "Either abortion or abandonment."

I think it's entirely possible to assume that Shannon's mother ticks similar boxes to Shannon herself, narcissistic and mainly concerned with appearances to the outside world. "What will the neighbors think when they find out my husband had an affair? I'd be the laughing stock of the whole neighborhood!"

But yes, we are definitely missing information and I would like to see that cleared up.

Why Jess would hide the fact that she had at least experimented in the direction of bisexuality, I would explain it this way: She does trust Frank but I think she was just extremely cautious. I mean her boyfriend in college got her pregnant and then discredited her and her family disowned her just because she got knocked up and she didn't want to abort the child. That she has at least trust fears there is not absurd and I think from a certain degree even to a good partner 100% trust is not possible. The 0.01% always remain in the back of the head.

And I have a new thesis regarding Becca's father:
Trevor is out of the question, even if we assume Shannon was only 8 months pregnant there is less than 1 month left for Shannon to finish college, get a job at the burger joint, meet Trevor and get knocked up by him. Theoretically possible but I find it extremely close and yet quite unlikely.

I've been grappling with the theory that Shannon had an affair and had been thinking a bit about how it could have come about if Shannon and Frank were together a hell of a lot?

Someone from the school is out of the question. It certainly would have come to light at some point and there's some chance Jess would have found out about it. I think she would have definitely intervened if Shannon had betrayed Frank, even if she stayed out of their relationship.

What I suspect: the whole thing won't have been more than a one-time thing. I suspect Shannon will have had a girls' night out with her friends at a disco or something. There they had drunk too much and she was hit on by a guy. Her friends either didn't intervene or were otherwise busy themselves or too drunk so they couldn't do anything. The whole thing then ended in a toilet and with a bun in the oven for Shannon. I also had the suspicion that maybe substances were slipped in so that Shannon would have been more "willing", but then discarded it because for me it doesn't fit so much into the style of the plot so far.

This scenario would also make an interesting counterpart to Lilli, who I said would be at risk of becoming like her mother if she didn't have Frank, Abby, and Becca:

Frank was a stable father figure for Lilli and kept telling his girls "no drinks from strangers."

Becca drilled that into Abby and Lilli again.
Becca once said something along the lines that Lilli would eventually get knocked up by some guy if Frank didn't take care of her.

Abby looked out for Lilli and hardly drank anything herself when they were out together.

I don't know if this is intentional on CNG's part to develop such an image or if my brain is just trying to find parallels that don't exist.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Why Jess would hide the fact that she had at least experimented in the direction of bisexuality, I would explain it this way: She does trust Frank but I think she was just extremely cautious....
I agree up to a point, which is why I said *if* he asked again after they were married. I think she would have trusted him enough to tell him, *if* this was the case, and *if he brought it up again. Lots of if's, and we don't know if he asked again or not.

Someone from the school is out of the question. It certainly would have come to light at some point and there's some chance Jess would have found out about it
I am not discounting it being someone from the school. I actually find it to be more likely that it was a principal/teacher, than a random encounter.
It is kind of scary how often schools in the real world have covered up teacher/student relationships (whether all of the participants were willing or not), especially older male/younger female, and it would be even easier if the parents agree to the cover-up rather than going public/to the police. It would be real easy to convincingly work that into the story.

This scenario would also make an interesting counterpart to Lilli, who I said would be at risk of becoming like her mother if she didn't have Frank, Abby, and Becca:
This is a good point though, especially since we are assuming that Becca knows that:
A) Trevor isn't her father
-and-
B) neither is Frank (which a simple DNA/Ancestory home test would have been able to prove).

I don't know if this is intentional on CNG's part to develop such an image or if my brain is just trying to find parallels that don't exist.
I am really beginning to wonder how much, if any, of this is intentional on CNG's part, and how much of it was simply a typo that we took off with.
Now we have all run so far with it, CNG swings by on a throw-away account to follow the fan-fic

Reactions: MrLKX

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I think in the long run there are only 2 ways we can find out the truth:

1. Abby wants to confront her maternal grandparents and in the process, along with Frank, finds old diaries of her mother that have been put into storage. This would also have the advantage of giving us a glimpse into Jessica's personality without it being distorted by Frank's perception.

2. confrontation with Shannon. Shannon blows a fuse and she yells out what happened between her and Jess because she loses her temper.

I have no proof of this, but I wouldn't be surprised if CNG leaves everything so mysterious to make us ponder and while he ghosted the forum, either to amuse himself or to pick up ideas, for things he still wants to clear up, but has no idea how yet. Probably both.

My guess for the future: Shannon teams up with that party girl who has Jess on her conscience to somehow get Frank out of the vacation house. Both women agree to go fifty-fifty, but plan to double-cross the other afterwards so that it's all-nothing split. Also, I could imagine Abby's biological father getting involved. Either he wants his daughter come what may and allies himself with Shannunt or he is manipulated by her into thinking Frank is doing something with Abby.

Reactions: Tavi13

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
I think in the long run there are only 2 ways we can find out the truth:...
Hmmmm.....maybe......I think option 1 would work with the story (that we have so far) better than option 2, but not by much.
I'd have to check, which I am too lazy to do right now, but I think I remember both of Jess's parents being on-board with kicking her out. If that is the case, I doubt either would hold onto her personal belongings for so long.
Maybe one/both (are both of her parents still alive? I forget) found some stuff in the attic after Jess passed, and hung onto them then out of regret though. I personally believe the story is heading in that direction with them giving Abby's bio contact info for Frank.
I've seen way too many people suddenly want to "make things right" when they get closer to the end of their lives, and they have to be 60+ (based on Frank/Shannon being 39, and Jess being in the same grade as them).
I can see Jess's parents suddenly wanting to be in Abby's life again, especially since that would be all they have left of Jess. They could easily be using the bio like a testing ground to see how Frank/Abby are going to react. That is really the only logical reason for the bio to ever have been in contact with Jess's parents in the first place.

As for Shannon getting pissed? I dunno' there are so many opportunities for that to already have happened, and she still hasn't mentioned it. I can see it happening; Abby looks/acts so much like Jess, that Shannon might actually forget who she is yelling at, but I'm not sold on the idea yet.

My guess for the future....
I can see Shannunt & Party-Girl teaming up, or at least see Shann trying to, but I don't know how well that would work out. We would need to meet her/get a look at her personality, but I doubt that Party-Girl would keep Shan around long enough to get manipulated by her. She might be willing to use Shannon, but....hmmm.....we'll have to meet her before I have a real opinion on her.

My personal take is that this is going to end up being a four-way, and (sadly) not the sexy kind involving Frank and the main girls.

1) Shannon isn't finished yet, and is going to go absolutely ballistic very shortly.
2) Abby's bio & her grandparents have their own agenda. I think it is going to be the regret route, at least for the grand(s), and until it comes out that Frank & Abby are a thing (if/when that happens).
3) Party-Girl is going to want more money, she doesn't really care about the house, and the lawyer/brothers are going to be involved in that arc. It might even end up with the house being sold back to the oldest brother, and Frank gets to "rent" it as needed/wanted.
4) Somewhere in there Lily will have to face the Frank/Abby situation. Abby might be able to calm her down eventually, and will probably be the one that sells her on the idea, but Lily is going to be just as ballistic as Shannon is about to be when it happens. That might even be how Shannon ends up finding out....

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Hmmmm.....maybe......I think option 1 would work with the story (that we have so far) better than option 2, but not by much.
I'd have to check, which I am too lazy to do right now, but I think I remember both of Jess's parents being on-board with kicking her out. If that is the case, I doubt either would hold onto her personal belongings for so long.
Maybe one/both (are both of her parents still alive? I forget) found some stuff in the attic after Jess passed, and hung onto them then out of regret though. I personally believe the story is heading in that direction with them giving Abby's bio contact info for Frank.
I've seen way too many people suddenly want to "make things right" when they get closer to the end of their lives, and they have to be 60+ (based on Frank/Shannon being 39, and Jess being in the same grade as them).
I can see Jess's parents suddenly wanting to be in Abby's life again, especially since that would be all they have left of Jess. They could easily be using the bio like a testing ground to see how Frank/Abby are going to react. That is really the only logical reason for the bio to ever have been in contact with Jess's parents in the first place.
My information: Nothing is known about Jess' father, we only know that Abby's biological father got Frank's number from Jess' mother. Which, by the way, is an interesting side note: Where did they get Frank's number? Did they have contact for a short time after the funeral? I can't really imagine that Frank would willingly give them his number.

Another theory, complementary to yours: maybe Jessica's father died a while ago and Jessica's mother is now trying to get in touch with her last relative through Abby's father? The theory that maybe they are getting soft with age is not entirely far-fetched. Frank, Shannon and Jess are or were around the same age, Frank and Shannon are currently 39, so that doesn't rule out Jessica's parents being around 60.

My personal take is that this is going to end up being a four-way,
becca.jpg

and (sadly) not the sexy kind involving Frank and the main girls.
Sadly, I don't have a screenshot of the text message history where Becca says Frank made her boobs sad.

4) Somewhere in there Lily will have to face the Frank/Abby situation. Abby might be able to calm her down eventually, and will probably be the one that sells her on the idea, but Lily is going to be just as ballistic as Shannon is about to be when it happens. That might even be how Shannon ends up finding out....
I think the easiest situation for Lilli to accept the Abby-Frank situation is really for Abby to catch Lilli and Frank, for her to pretend to be upset and angry, and then kind of weasel her way into the whole act. She gets her way, Lilli isn't upset, and Frank doesn't get castrated. Everybody wins. Aside from the whole Shannon finds out thing. But you also have to compromise.

Satarial

Jul 27, 2022
Guys, stop writing different nonsense because it does not make sense :)

Moreover, sometimes you contradict yourself, write where the number was taken,
and then ask the question - where is the number from? :LOL:

and these spoilers are not needed, especially when they are not about anything.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: isotope and Tavi13
3.90 star(s) 203 Votes