Jun 19, 2021
I can't speak for the one on Fap, I haven't dl'd from there. I can say that the version here is the one that gets leaked from the Dev's sources (ie: it is the "real one").
As for the saves being compatible....no idea. I personally wouldn't trust that there won't be issues since they are not from the same source, but it might be fine. I would do a feesh play, but I also don't mind replaying this one.
ah ok. i tryed the saves transfer and it seemed to work but once im done with this update ill redo the game just cause y not

Reactions: Tavi13

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
But in general the idea that Jess used to be like Shannon, but evolved from that while Shannon stayed the way she was is quite fascinating.
She wouldn't even have had to have been as bad as we see Shannon being, although that is a possibility, it could have just been a kids-being-kids thing. I have some youngish nieces & nephews so I get an occasional reminder of just how casually cruel kids can be to each other, even when there is no malice intended, and especially to a kid that doesn't perfectly fit the social "norm" of the school. If even half of what we suspect of Shannon is accurate, I would bet that she didn't fit the social norm.
We also get a hint that Jess wasn't (quite) as nice as Frank remembers, or wasn't before she and Frank got close, when we "see" them together for the first time at the pool. I don't remember the exact quote but Jess implies that she broke the nose of one of Shannons friends, and was willing to do it again. Not really something that is in-character from a sweet, pacifist type.

I think the animosity between Becca and Shannon is/was very mutual. Regardless of who Becca's father turns out to be, she would be a constant reminder of when Shannons life took a 180. Shannon being resentful of Becca for "destroying her life", and holding her responsible for it, is perfectly in-character for a narcissist. It doesn't matter that Becca had no control over being born or anything that followed, it would have been Becca's fault. It is easy to see where Becca learned to be cold/manipulative from, and why she started treating mom the way mom treated her.

Reactions: Vollezar

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
what does this incest game have?
well abby has been raised by mc since she was born even he isn't biological dad so mc is as close real dad as possible w/o bloodrelation and becky and lilly aren't biological daughters either but still mc is only dad they know.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
She wouldn't even have had to have been as bad as we see Shannon being, although that is a possibility, it could have just been a kids-being-kids thing. I have some youngish nieces & nephews so I get an occasional reminder of just how casually cruel kids can be to each other, even when there is no malice intended, and especially to a kid that doesn't perfectly fit the social "norm" of the school. If even half of what we suspect of Shannon is accurate, I would bet that she didn't fit the social norm.
We also get a hint that Jess wasn't (quite) as nice as Frank remembers, or wasn't before she and Frank got close, when we "see" them together for the first time at the pool. I don't remember the exact quote but Jess implies that she broke the nose of one of Shannons friends, and was willing to do it again. Not really something that is in-character from a sweet, pacifist type.

I think the animosity between Becca and Shannon is/was very mutual. Regardless of who Becca's father turns out to be, she would be a constant reminder of when Shannons life took a 180. Shannon being resentful of Becca for "destroying her life", and holding her responsible for it, is perfectly in-character for a narcissist. It doesn't matter that Becca had no control over being born or anything that followed, it would have been Becca's fault. It is easy to see where Becca learned to be cold/manipulative from, and why she started treating mom the way mom treated her.
I never really got the impression from Jess that she was a pacifist. In fact, to me she was a confident young girl (later woman) who only showed weakness when you really got under her skin (The rumors and that she didn't have great contact with Frank when he was dating Shannon). As I see it, the dynamic when Frank came along was Shannon and her clique vs. Jessica, so X vs. 1. That she once broke the nose of one of Shannon's clique I find quite understandable, if a line was crossed and it was a knee-jerk reaction. What is going through my mind right now: Didn't Lilli do something similar years later to protect Abby?

I think Jess was a self-confident and strong-willed young woman, in her youth perhaps also a little tomboy (interestingly, again a description that also describes Lilli well). The dynamic with Frank showed that she could let her guard down with him and there was trust there.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
That she once broke the nose of one of Shannon's clique I find quite understandable, if a line was crossed and it was a knee-jerk reaction.
I find it understandable, and probably justified, as well. There were times in my misspent youth where I found the odds against me and went for the face myself. The nose is actually a hard to miss target.
It was the casual way that she mentioned doing it again that leaves me with the impression she wasn't always as nice as she was around Frank/that Frank remembers her being. The way she said it caused Shannon to back down (as much as her personality would let her anyway). Shannon reacted as if she knew exactly how serious Jess was being.

Pacifist might be the wrong word; Frank remembers Jess as always being on the receiving end (which is fair, that is where she was when they met), and only reacting in a defensive way. I think there are hints that there is a lot more to that story, and it goes way beyond simple bullying. The level of mutual animosity that Shannon and Jess share, always has a reason.
The problem with only having Franks perception is that we know he is prone to see the best in people, while ignoring their flaws.

jclosed

Dec 3, 2019
Hmm... I think it's right that Frank did not knew everything about Jess, but...

The incident when Jess broke that nose hm? Well - You just as well can come up with a scenario that explains the animosity between Jess and Shannon, while at the same time paint Jess in a less violent way.

I can imagine a time when Jess and Shannon where best friends, until the named incident. I can imagine Shannon doing a guy in her clique a "favor" by telling him Jess is "easy prey" and pushing him to "get her". This could easily made that guy overconfident and when it was a real jerk it could just as easily escalate into a near-rape situation (the guy not accepting "no" for an answer). Jess then broke that guy's nose to avoid being raped. If Shannon then sided to that guy and told Jess to don't take it that seriously (maybe because Jess had "fun" in the past and Shannon failed to see the difference between really being forced and having some playful fun), I can imagine that would lead to that animosity. In that case Jess expected to see Shannon defend her and get that jerk out of her hair, while Shannon did exactly the opposite, and thus broke their friendship.

That also would explain the threat from Jess to break that nose again when he came in her neighborhood. That guy was a total jerk rapist against Jess, but just another guy for Shannon that did not do anything explicitly wrong in her eyes. And so the hatred between those two was born.

Now I think about that. maybe it was that same Jerk that got Shannon pregnant? It would not surprise me. In that case Shannon would never admit she was wrong, and maybe flee to another town avoid that humiliation. Hmm... Just an idea...

Do not forget that Frank lived a long time with Jess, and if she was really that aggressive it would have popped up for certain at some time. Frank would not turn a blind eye if Jess behaved like a total jerk now and then. It would at least have him question her nature. The fact that this did not happen, shows that Jess was not aggressive by nature. Frank can be oblivious for sure, but he's not THAT blind.

Last edited:

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Another interesting fact, and probably the only one where they were ever in consensus, is that the two never fought directly in front of Frank. If he came to it, the two have always stopped according to Frank. I think this behavior of the two women is it then perhaps also as consequence that during his marriage with the Shanunt he had with her the rose-colored glasses on.

I think Jess was so relaxed about the broken nose because people like Shannon only back down when they know you mean business. Physically Shannon and her friends couldn't get to Jess because they knew what that would mean, plus I think that would have caused conflict between Frank vs. Shannon even if the aggression was coming from one of Shannon's friends. I think that's why Shannon dated Frank in the end: so she could hurt Jess without risking getting punched in the face herself.

This also gives a new perspective on the breakup: Shannon was never really interested in Frank beyond the physical and was therefore so casual about it.

Then later, when her first husband left (which you can't even blame Trevor for, even if he's a bastard himself) and she met Frank and Abby, I think she was kinda grateful for a certain amount of time. If only because she no longer had to worry about the problems with her daughters alone. The bio also says that she seriously tried to be a mother to Abby for a while.

As someone who holds the view that people change almost exclusively for the worse, if at all, I think her real personality came out again, though, with a fundamental realization (or rather assumption, since she thinks Abby is Frank's daughter): She could hurt Jess for a time, but she could never defeat Jessica, and despite everything she did, the two did find each other. I could even imagine that she thinks that she herself was the reason they got together in the end, which is exactly the opposite of what she probably wanted to achieve. That must have been hell for Shannon.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
I can imagine Shannon doing a guy in her clique a "favor" by telling him Jess is "easy prey" and pushing him to "get her"....../snip
The only problem with this, is that it was a female friend that ended up with the broken nose. I don't blame Jess, or mean to paint her as being unnecessarily violent/aggressive. Shannon's friends were going after Jess as a group, and she fought back, but that is also a clue about Jess.
It is rare for a person to fight back against a group. People normally try to run, or at least curl up on themselves for protection, when badly outnumbered. It sounds like Jess went on the offensive, which leads me to believe that she is no stranger to fighting. Whether deliberately or by accident; Jess also went for the nose, which is the easiest way to take someone out of a fight.

Frank can be oblivious for sure, but he's not THAT blind.
This I disagree with. Frank can, and has been, that blind. Just look at his relationship with Shannon & how much he ignored for the sake of keeping up the illusion of a normal family life.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
As someone who holds the view that people change almost exclusively for the worse
I disagree with this, but I know too many people in rl (myself included) that have changed for the better. It may not be common, most people won't change because they have to admit to themselves there is something about themselves that needs to change, but it I have seen it often enough that I wouldn't dismiss it as a possibility.
Jess could have simply outgrown the Middle/High School "popular girl" mentality. There is nothing overtly aggressive, or violent, about it. They just think they are the queen, and every school had that type. Jess losing that mentality might have been due to the fallout from the rumors, which is why Frank knew nothing about it.

I think that's why Shannon dated Frank in the end: so she could hurt Jess without risking getting punched in the face herself....
Agreed. He was the new guy when Shannon first saw him, which made him interesting. She then realized that Jess was in love with him, Frank was apparently the only one that didn't know it, so she snatched him up as a jab at Jess.

On a side-note; I am warming up to the idea you had that Shannon and Jess are somehow related. A lot of things would make a bit more sense if that ends up being the case.

Reactions: hrimthyrs

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
On a side-note; I am warming up to the idea you had that Shannon and Jess are somehow related. A lot of things would make a bit more sense if that ends up being the case.
What theory exactly? That one of Jess' parents had something with one of Shannon's parents? They wouldn't even have to be half-siblings or anything. I'm imagining a scenario like that: A parent of Jess (henceforth eJ) and a parent of Shannon (henceforth eS) were at a school event. The other parent didn't show up, for whatever reason, and eJ and eS get to talking at some point. The chemistry is good so far, the event ends and nothing happens. The two meet, randomly, but every now and then and talk and they decide to go out for coffee together. At this meeting, there may be a major downpour and the two may share an umbrella or one may drive the other home because one of them had come on foot or by bus. And at some point it comes so far that the spark jumps over and romantic feelings arise.

However, whatever the reason may have been that they both couldn't stand each other, we agree that it must be something that either embarrassed/uncomfortable them both or that could make Frank possibly think worse of them.

If there really was romantic interest on Shannon's part for Jess, I think it might have played out similar to the scene where Lilli gave Frank a nice black eye:

Shannon confronts Jess, Jess gives her an ultimatum. Unlike Lilli, however, Shannon says no deal and the two have been at each other's throats ever since.

We don't know what year Single Again is set in, but I would assume around 2019. That would mean:

Shannon, Frank and Jess were born sometime around 1980.
Abby and Lilli around 2000.
Becca around 1996 and Meiko around 1995.
The year Meiko was born must also be around the year Frank moved and met Jess and Shannon.

I did some research and apparently Canada had a fairly early advancement of LGBT rights, so my thesis is not necessarily correct. At the same time, we know very little about Jess and Shannon's parents, so it may well be that they were religious nuts, or outwardly liberal and open, but if suspicion had fallen on Shannon or Jess, that would have changed quickly.

Who has time and leisure can look if somewhere is mentioned for how many years Vanessa and Beth are married, since when same-sex couples are allowed to marry in Canada and what that says for our given timeline. Maybe we will find a new clue or new theories what the problem of the two was with each other.

And I think there is hardly a picture of Becca that shows her better in her role as an unpredictable wild card. Also, I think I need to make a collection of my favorite scenes with Lilli. There are some heartwarming and emotional scenes with her.

Last edited:

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
I don't think she is responsible for that, but I could be wrong. I think she found out about it, decided to put her plans into action by taking advantage of it, and arranged for Frank to catch them though. It isn't hard to imagine her convincing her boyfriend to call Frank & ask him to rush home, all she would reallly have to do is ask him. Frank never met the bf, so he wouldn't recognize his voice.
I agree with that, i'm alwats thinking about, becca calling him to rush home, someone did it, if not becca's fingers, Abby's fingers did :V

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I agree with that, i'm alwats thinking about, becca calling him to rush home, someone did it, if not becca's fingers, Abby's fingers did :V
But there we are again in the scenario that Abby, especially Grabby Abby, can't keep secrets. I think the following scenario is possible: Becca caught one of the detectives who was supposed to be keeping an eye on Abby and Frank and gave them a choice: "You call this phone number at this hour on this day, or you can explain to my stepfather what you were doing here and why you're spying on him and his stepdaughter."

Tl;dr

Becca. In one way or another definitely her.

Reactions: Tavi13 and imadumb

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
But there we are again in the scenario that Abby, especially Grabby Abby, can't keep secrets. I think the following scenario is possible: Becca caught one of the detectives who was supposed to be keeping an eye on Abby and Frank and gave them a choice: "You call this phone number at this hour on this day, or you can explain to my stepfather what you were doing here and why you're spying on him and his stepdaughter."

Tl;dr

Becca. In one way or another definitely her.
becca "forcing" the lawers is definitely the best thing i'll see one day, if thats true, i wanna it so hard now haha

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes