MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
The MC in this feels like a teenage MC from a Jap anime, a bunch of girls throwing themselves at him but he's sat in the corner twiddling his thumbs while muttering I dunno whether anyone likes me

At the start it felt heartfelt that he was trying to consider everyone's feelings and make sure nothing got broken, but now he's just blind to everything and locked in his own head.
Well I think to some extent that's not surprising for Frank, if you look at him and his history more closely.

Frank is, unlike other MCs in VN, quite introverted and such tend to think over much to almost everything umpteen times.

Jessica's death still weighs on Frank, although it was over 10 years ago. Partly he blames himself for what happened to Jess. We don't know exactly what happened that night, but he blames himself for not going out that night (my theory is that baby Abby or he needed medicine and so Jessica left while Frank was watching Abby).

The divorce from Shannon and her treatment of him. So far we only have a few scenes from that time, mostly from Lilli's point of view, but it's safe to assume that Shannon definitely pulled the pants in the relationship. He could have broken up with Shannon sooner, of course, but he also had in mind what that would mean for the three girls, who are like his own daughters to him, and therefore swallowed this toad called Shannon.

When you think about it like that, it's not surprising that a rather introverted personality like Frank thinks that the good things that happen to him don't deserve to happen, or even worse, if he accepts them, it bites him in the butt afterwards.

Finally, what is far too rarely addressed here is that Lilli is not the only character who is quite emotionally broken. The same is true for Frank, for the reasons mentioned above. What's different about the two of them is that Frank deals with it differently, he eats it up emotionally, and that since he's a guy and older than Lilli, we expect him to be able to deal with it like it's nothing.

Accordingly, I also think that the friendship with Vanessa can definitely be a relief for him: As a professional who has no interest in him, he can,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
talk more openly with her about things and she can help him to see new angles that he has not seen or could not see before and thus take some of the pressure off him.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
ain't this must have loli tag? character pretty much look like teenage, :Kappa:
I don't think so. "loli" does not mean "below 18 years" but is talking about not fully developed bodies, i. e. puberty not completed.

Rannell

Jul 29, 2020
Well I think to some extent that's not surprising for Frank, if you look at him and his history more closely.

Frank is, unlike other MCs in VN, quite introverted and such tend to think over much to almost everything umpteen times.

Jessica's death still weighs on Frank, although it was over 10 years ago. Partly he blames himself for what happened to Jess. We don't know exactly what happened that night, but he blames himself for not going out that night (my theory is that baby Abby or he needed medicine and so Jessica left while Frank was watching Abby).

The divorce from Shannon and her treatment of him. So far we only have a few scenes from that time, mostly from Lilli's point of view, but it's safe to assume that Shannon definitely pulled the pants in the relationship. He could have broken up with Shannon sooner, of course, but he also had in mind what that would mean for the three girls, who are like his own daughters to him, and therefore swallowed this toad called Shannon.

When you think about it like that, it's not surprising that a rather introverted personality like Frank thinks that the good things that happen to him don't deserve to happen, or even worse, if he accepts them, it bites him in the butt afterwards.

Finally, what is far too rarely addressed here is that Lilli is not the only character who is quite emotionally broken. The same is true for Frank, for the reasons mentioned above. What's different about the two of them is that Frank deals with it differently, he eats it up emotionally, and that since he's a guy and older than Lilli, we expect him to be able to deal with it like it's nothing.

Accordingly, I also think that the friendship with Vanessa can definitely be a relief for him: As a professional who has no interest in him, he can,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
talk more openly with her about things and she can help him to see new angles that he has not seen or could not see before and thus take some of the pressure off him.
While this all true he is having sex with two of them and Beth. He is not progressing. He is in fact going backwards in the last two updates. If he can get to the point where he is, the mental blocks should be loosening not being built up again.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Well, a traumatized introvert quickly gets stuck in his patterns and is difficult to get out of them. Especially when one of his fears, being caught with one of the girls in an awkward situation, actually happens. The fact that Beth and Nessa are friends and that little has changed doesn't really make much difference.

The situation with Lilli is simply clarified with it: He wants this pseudo-first time for Lilli, that it is something special and there was no opportunity to plan this properly and to pull through. I think CNG will pull together the stay away from home a bit so we won't have 3 updates in wherever Becca will hide Frank.

That nothing has happened with Abby yet is also easily clarified: before that can happen either Lilli has to open up further to the idea of sharing Abby and become more aware that if she doesn't buck she won't lose anyone. The easiest situation is probably really simple, Abby catches Lilli and Frank, Abby pretends to be disappointed in them and joins in. Or alternate scenario: Lilli and Becca move into the transitional apartment, Becca creates a little squabble between her and Lilli so Lilli sleeps with Frank and Abby, all three share the bed and nature takes its course.

Reactions: Tavi13

Rannell

Jul 29, 2020
Well, a traumatized introvert quickly gets stuck in his patterns and is difficult to get out of them. Especially when one of his fears, being caught with one of the girls in an awkward situation, actually happens. The fact that Beth and Nessa are friends and that little has changed doesn't really make much difference.

The situation with Lilli is simply clarified with it: He wants this pseudo-first time for Lilli, that it is something special and there was no opportunity to plan this properly and to pull through. I think CNG will pull together the stay away from home a bit so we won't have 3 updates in wherever Becca will hide Frank.

That nothing has happened with Abby yet is also easily clarified: before that can happen either Lilli has to open up further to the idea of sharing Abby and become more aware that if she doesn't buck she won't lose anyone. The easiest situation is probably really simple, Abby catches Lilli and Frank, Abby pretends to be disappointed in them and joins in. Or alternate scenario: Lilli and Becca move into the transitional apartment, Becca creates a little squabble between her and Lilli so Lilli sleeps with Frank and Abby, all three share the bed and nature takes its course.
I understand everything you are saying and I agree. What I am saying is with the last two updates we should see some progression with the characters. I mean he took a shower with Abby FFS. Nothing happened with Becca since the first time except a FJ. Just because he wants a real relationship with Lilli it doesn't mean it can't include something intimate. A healthy relationship does have it. Anyway I'm not the writer, this is just my critique. A lot of AVN's get stuck in this same rut. Get up, eat, one activity, go to bed. No one reading a story wants to read that.

Reactions: isotope

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
It was a short update, but it did have a significant plot point:
Frank's harem master and side chick now know of each other and approve of what is happening. I am fine with the dream sequences because they are showing the evolution of Frank's character. In fact, in this update he was far more accepting and far less whiny about being with the girls, in both the dream and in the sauna discussion. Also, it showed an evolution in his relationship with Lili, she was openly calling him dad and came back in for a hug.. Also, the scene with her in the sauna showed that she is getting better at managing her jealousy and anger, but still has a ways to go.

I do wish the updates were longer because the story really would benefit from having more time in each update to unfold. However, CNG does not do this full time and so, considering this isn't full time, the updates have been good and released rather dependably. The story is moving along at a good pace, with the characters actually evolving.

Fake Smile

Aug 3, 2021
Just more sausage stuffing, out of focus, too many character introductions and shallow dialogue. Why don't they make shorter and more focused stories like Japanese anime and manga?

A.K.A87

Feb 3, 2021
Just more sausage stuffing, out of focus, too many character introductions and shallow dialogue. Why don't they make shorter and more focused stories like Japanese anime and manga?
This is a story driven VN, not a Japanese anime or manga. Meaning the character development is high. You may see it as shallow dialogue, other see it as a insight into the characters mind and behavior.
+ CNG is running the show on this and is doing (almost) what the view for the game was from the start.

Also: they = 1 .
For most of the games here there is no team of people working on it.

Reactions: Tavi13 and pgm_01

Fake Smile

Aug 3, 2021
This is a story driven VN, not a Japanese anime or manga. Meaning the character development is high. You may see it as shallow dialogue, other see it as a insight into the characters mind and behavior.
+ CNG is running the show on this and is doing (almost) what the view for the game was from the start.

Also: they = 1 .
For most of the games here there is no team of people working on it.
Oh my God!, I really didn't mean to offend you, I was just making an observation, sorry if I offended you, and please feel hugged.

olaf.jpg

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Since I may or may not want a hug, just in general, not restricted to this topic: different stuff, some with more story, some with less; some with more game, some with less; some with more girls, some with less; and so forth - that means there is something for everybody. If all games followed the same formula, it might get boring quickly and half of the people wouldn't get what they like. It's like "why don't they make good country music instead of that rock trash?" or "why don't they make more original movies instead of shitty sequels?" - well, that last one actually has a point, fuck sequels.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tavi13

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
So Francis is back to the "Oh no, having sex with my ex stepdaughters is bad" depsite having stuffed both Becca and Lilith like Christmas Turkeys and glazed them like cinnamon rolls?
Conscience can be fooled/assuaged/temporarily ignored; but, for people that actually have one, it has a nasty habit of coming back, despite whatever logical argument that convinced you to do what you did at the time, because it's a part of one's deep-seated emotional/moral/ethical base. Only sociopaths can actually turn it off because it was never there and turned on to begin with. Well, alcohol can, too, but that's only temporary and it usually comes back stronger after you sober up.

Justbrian74

Jul 1, 2020
I refuse to be on patreon (I do support Devs on Subscribestar), but I would actually support a patreon of someone who creates a patch that makes the MC less annoying. He can have doubts and fears, but not come across like a Don Knotts' character.

On the plus side, I liked Lilly's growth as a character. She's still Lilly, but she's moving forward nicely. I also like that Bella made a misstep at the sauna. She's always so calculated and that miscalculation makes her feel more, dare I say, realistic and endearing.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
That nothing has happened with Abby yet is also easily clarified: before that can happen either Lilli...
This is the part that many seem to be forgetting. He promised Lily that Abby was off-limits, which means there will be very little (if any) Abby content until Lily *allows* it (allows = CNG working it into the story in a way that makes sense, and doesn't make Lily leave/meltdown).

The other thing is that despite how much time has passed in the rl world, the last couple of updates have only covered a few days in the game. The previous two updates were pretty much only Saturday, and the one before that was focused on fixing the separate chapter attempt (if I am remembering the timeline correctly anyway).

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
In this game, sincerity is very important for me, especially memories, for example, the memory of how the MC was afraid to confess his love to Jess, and it’s already the end of summer and She is leaving, you read and you are very worried about it, you sympathize and it’s like you yourself are afraid of something or to lose someone...
it's so wonderful!

Or when the MC comes to the workshop of an old friend BB and he gives him a picture where He is with Jess and Abby, these memories hurt so much that She is no longer next to Him and their baby ...

This game is divine, many thanks to You developer for this!
Sex in the game is important yes, but for me it is more important, very beautiful story, I continue...
i always cry playing this :v such a weirdo i'm haha

• Haha
Reactions: Satarial

Fake Smile

Aug 3, 2021
Since I may or may not want a hug, just in general, not restricted to this topic: different stuff, some with more story, some with less; some with more game, some with less; some with more girls, some with less; and so forth - that means there is something for everybody. If all games followed the same formula, it might get boring quickly and half of the people wouldn't get what they like. It's like "why don't they make good country music instead of that rock trash?" or "why don't they make more original movies instead of shitty sequels?" - well, that last one actually has a point, fuck sequels.
The problem is that many games start out interesting as "singles again", but then they start to lose focus, and they start with what I call sausage stuffing, everything fits there, and they end up more or less, because they lost the objective, important characters and expected facts, end up being poorly finished.

Reactions: hawk784563
3.90 star(s) 203 Votes