Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
If the girl sucks of the dog and fucks with the dog, that would be cheating yes if you are in a relation with that girl unless you are ok with it in advance. Same with an open relationship, if you choose to be in one together that is not cheating anymore, but something you agreed to. If your girl has sex with another woman without your knowledge or agreement it is cheating as well. Do not think a dog can NTR since he is not a thinking creature capable of being evil unless in context of a story. :p

Now in games situation is slightly more muddied since we have the situation with LI's that you are expected to be in a relation with and often are even forced into a relation with. So in a way for some those LI are like someone you are forced by your parents to marry in a year with whether you like it or not. You may not yet care for her but you know you will have to spend your life with her for game purposes. :p
You did not need to explain the dog stuff... o_O

In fact, I encourage you not to next time.

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
But what if you are in a relationship with the dog and in an open relationship with the girl
while the neighbour's dog is the father of a relatives dog whose also the dogfriend of the first dog
while the lizard people are having a circle jerk?!? :ROFLMAO:

While this is all highly OT but I wonder why on earth the anti NTR crusaders
would consider a cheating ex a Love Interest as that would be required for it truely being NTR.

That's some weird logic and wouldn't it make them closet cucks or cucking lovers? :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
But what if you are in a relationship with the dog and in an open relationship with the girl
while the neighbour's dog is the father of a relatives dog whose also the dogfriend of the first dog
while the lizard people are having a circle jerk?!? :ROFLMAO:

While this is all highly OT but I wonder why on earth the anti NTR crusaders
would consider a cheating ex a Love Interest as that would be required for it truely being NTR.

That's some weird logic and wouldn't it make those closet cucks or cucking lovers? :unsure:
Well The NTR tag is way too widely used. It was cheating though, no doubt about it and I suspect the wailing would have been way less if you had not had to endure that scene another three times. We already knew Frank was scarred by that episode after first time, just letting him wake from a bad dream in cold sweat would have worked plenty well enough after that. Repeating it without adding anything new to that scene that made it worse or explained more of why it scarred him so badly was actually bad writing in my opinion.

Reactions: MrFriendly

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Well The NTR tag is way too widely used. It was cheating though, no doubt about it and I suspect the wailing would have been way less if you had not had to endure that scene another three times. We already knew Frank was scarred by that episode after first time, just letting him wake from a bad dream in cold sweat would have worked plenty well enough after that. Repeating it without adding anything new to that scene that made it worse or explained more of why it scarred him so badly was actually bad writing in my opinion.
I'll disagree because in each interaction we got a little more information, the first we learned that she cheated, the second we learned the persons face, the third we learned their name, if all of this is used in the future it was good writing, if the dev doesn't use that information then I'll agree with you about it being bad writing.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I'll disagree because in each interaction we got a little more information, the first we learned that she cheated, the second we learned the persons face, the third we learned their name, if all of this is used in the future it was good writing, if the dev doesn't use that information then I'll agree with you about it being bad writing.
That makes sense ty.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
That was information though that could have been given in first scene, especially since it did not have more impact after episode 4 or even after episode 6 as it had in episode 1.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
The way I remember it is you see more and more each time the scene was "dreamed". So it is not exactly the same scene, it is a tease of a dude's ass in the bedroom, then you see both people (but not the wife's face), then the third time you see the wife's face.

I agree however the NTR tag is way overused. If there is a cheating tag, then use that. To me, I dislike NTR, but NTR is to someone you are in a relationship with. The point of NTR is to show the consequences of your actions by making your partner step out.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
That was information though that could have been given in first scene, especially since it did not have more impact after episode 4 or even after episode 6 as it had in episode 1.
Maybe, but then it would be a memory, not a nightmare, I think the idea of using multiple scenes to actually show that this is a reoccurring nightmare works best, but I don't know, also I think each thing had more impact being done separately, at least to me, each time you could "feel" Franks pain of having to relieve it, and it was more akin to him remembering slowly the details.

Reactions: Ayhsel

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
The way I remember it is you see more and more each time the scene was "dreamed". So it is not exactly the same scene, it is a tease of a dude's ass in the bedroom, then you see both people (but not the wife's face), then the third time you see the wife's face.

I agree however the NTR tag is way overused. If there is a cheating tag, then use that. To me, I dislike NTR, but NTR is to someone you are in a relationship with. The point of NTR is to show the consequences of your actions by making your partner step out.
Nah the intention of NTR is to have someone you care about raped into enslavement by an asshole NPC, who is unstoppable and almighty and will never pay for his crimes. It is never a great guy you would like to have some drinks with or would like your sister to date IRL.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020

I need more reactions to give praise to you beautiful people.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Well the repetition of the scene makes sense from the point of view of a visual novel. Visual novels like this one are written is first person view, primarily. So the repetition helps to put in the player mindset that MC is really haunted by this scene, as in real life, he can't avoid remembering it.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Nah the intention of NTR is to have someone you care about raped into enslavement by an asshole NPC, who is unstoppable and almighty and will never pay for his crimes. It is never a great guy you would like to have some drinks with or would like your sister to date IRL.
I wish I could disagree, but I don't have any examples of the opposite, actually, there is a game that you can help your best friend hook up with one of the love interests, but I don't remember the name.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Well the repetition of the scene makes sense from the point of view of a visual novel. Visual novels like this one are written is first person view, primarily. So the repetition helps to put in the player mindset that MC is really haunted by this scene, as in real life, he can't avoid remembering it.
Yes, that is a way better version of what I meant.

Reactions: Ayhsel

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Maybe, but then it would be a memory, not a nightmare, I think the idea of using multiple scenes to actually show that this is a reoccurring nightmare works best, but I don't know, also I think each thing had more impact being done separately, at least to me, each time you could "feel" Franks pain of having to relieve it, and it was more akin to him remembering slowly the details.
Yeah but that is actually what people had a problem with. Having to relive it time after time. Sometimes as a dev you are doomed if you do and doomed if you dont. Also never underestimate fact, that when you start to like a character after a few episodes that starts to hit harder. it is not for nothing that in movies a rpe is often at the very start before you start to care for the person, emotionally easier to deal with.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Yes, after I wrote it I saw your comment. It seems the effect did work, as two different person understand it that way.

Or we are two crazy guys seeing what they want.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Letting him wake from a cold sweat after a nightmare would have done the same after you had seen scene once first. In my opinion dev hammered home the point way too much. :)

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Yeah but that is actually what people had a problem with. Having to relive it time after time. Sometimes as a dev you are doomed if you do and doomed if you dont. Also never underestimate fact, that when you start to like a character after a few episodes that starts to hit harder. it is not for nothing that in movies a rpe is often at the very start before you start to care for the person, emotionally easier to deal with.
True, but then we have the artistic view, and what story the dev wants to tell, but I do understand, as I said before in another thread cheating/NTR scenes literally make my heart hurt, no matter who the character is, so I get why people would complain.

Reactions: LemuresXL

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Could we please come back to the game and stop these inane discussions about what does or does not constitute fucking NTR?
Who the fuck cares?

I can't wait for the date with Rebecca... :love:
That is still 5 updates away, Frank still needs to man up and Rebecca needs to get over the idea that if Frank touches her, kisses her or compliments her or someone else he is not a pervert trying to rape someone. It is almost like rebecca is the one with the PTSD instead of Frank.

Reactions: MrFriendly

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Could we please come back to the game and stop these inane discussions about what does or does not constitute fucking NTR?
Who the fuck cares?

I can't wait for the date with Rebecca... :love:
Why? This is one of the most polite conversation on the topic. but yeah i want to see what happens on the route where you
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes