MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
A few months ago I had expressed the following theory: The story we experience through Frank's eyes is actually a novel/story written by Becca, which is then revealed to us as observers at the end. As an argument for this I had mentioned that Becca showed interest in writing stories in her youth and if I remember correctly she is considering to take this up again.

I would like to take up this now with the following additions and alternatives. I have no proof for any of these, but I think they would be interesting twists:

Becca didn't write a book but created an AVN, under an alias like SmartIntitialNovels (funnily enough, SIN for short).

CNG uses quotes from sites like Patreon, Itch, and f95 as examples of reviews Becca has received for her work.

The story we are presented with, written by Becca, never happened in the actual VN world but was merely a fantasy of "Becca" who, like her story counterpart, had feelings for her stepfather that could never really come true because "Shannon" and "Frank" never had that break. In hindsight, I have to admit that this version would possibly be the most boring version for me.

• Thinking Face
  • Haha
Reactions: pgm_01 and Elhemeer

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
A few months ago I had expressed the following theory: The story we experience through Frank's eyes is actually a novel/story written by Becca, which is then revealed to us as observers at the end. As an argument for this I had mentioned that Becca showed interest in writing stories in her youth and if I remember correctly she is considering to take this up again.

I would like to take up this now with the following additions and alternatives. I have no proof for any of these, but I think they would be interesting twists:

Becca didn't write a book but created an AVN, under an alias like SmartIntitialNovels (funnily enough, SIN for short).

CNG uses quotes from sites like Patreon, Itch, and f95 as examples of reviews Becca has received for her work.

The story we are presented with, written by Becca, never happened in the actual VN world but was merely a fantasy of "Becca" who, like her story counterpart, had feelings for her stepfather that could never really come true because "Shannon" and "Frank" never had that break. In hindsight, I have to admit that this version would possibly be the most boring version for me.
Interesting idea. And the twist could be in last episode. At end of the last episode, Frank could (or Shannon) say for example:"We are done now, you cunt!!! I move out!!!" And we see flame in Becca's eyes.

If you're right Becca is as good writer as Clever Name Games, and CNG, forgive me, I think she looks better then you. :p:p:p:p

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
If my assumption that we are experiencing a story that Becca is telling us is correct, then depending on the nature, I would assume that she has changed the names of the characters, both to protect herself (and others) from Shannon's wrath (should it be a largely biographical narrative) and also to keep Beth and Vanessa out of it as much as possible. Since Beth is a billionaire heiress, it would be quite damaging to her and her enterprises to have her name associated with such stories.

If it is merely a transcription of her fantasies, then I would assume that while the tendential personalities (such as the stepfather, who is somewhat obtuse) remained basically unchanged, names were also changed.

What made me think that we might be experiencing a story whose narrator is Becca is the following fact: Becca is presented to us as a person whose core characteristics are the following: She is the lynchpin of many events and is also very attractive and extremely intelligent, and all of her plans work out and even when unexpected twists occur, they do not result in any serious consequences for the protagonists. For me, this is an indicator that the Becca we see is a self-portrayal of the narrator, a phenomenon often seen in fan fiction and the like.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
If my assumption that we are experiencing a story that Becca is telling us is correct, then depending on the nature, I would assume that she has changed the names of the characters, both to protect herself (and others) from Shannon's wrath (should it be a largely biographical narrative) and also to keep Beth and Vanessa out of it as much as possible. Since Beth is a billionaire heiress, it would be quite damaging to her and her enterprises to have her name associated with such stories.

If it is merely a transcription of her fantasies, then I would assume that while the tendential personalities (such as the stepfather, who is somewhat obtuse) remained basically unchanged, names were also changed.

What made me think that we might be experiencing a story whose narrator is Becca is the following fact: Becca is presented to us as a person whose core characteristics are the following: She is the lynchpin of many events and is also very attractive and extremely intelligent, and all of her plans work out and even when unexpected twists occur, they do not result in any serious consequences for the protagonists. For me, this is an indicator that the Becca we see is a self-portrayal of the narrator, a phenomenon often seen in fan fiction and the like.
And I agree again, especially the part about that anything fits to good together. Anybody who tried to plan something in advance knows that their plan usually doesn't survive the first step. And we here speak about 5 years.
Everything looks like a story where only Becca's part of plan works perfectly. Too perfectly.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021

Didn't I reply to that with these?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And didn't the original "Roseanne" end that way?

• Haha
Reactions: pgm_01

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Then, of course, there's a whole season of the nighttime soap "Dallas" ...
Yeah, and that twist is an eternal fan favorite to this day. You can pull off a "nothing of this ever happened but instead the narrator was dreaming/just expressing their wants in this story/captured by aliens mindraping him/whatever" but it is a much used plot device which is more likely to invalidate your whole story than to make people go "wow, that puts it in a different light". Even more so when it covers all of the story (instead of just an episode or an arc in a series). You're running the risk of M. Night Shalaladeday saying "I wish I had thought of that, it is a bit harsh though" and everybody else just leaving the premises in disappointment. And I think in this genre the call for the surprising twist is less pronounced than in TV soaps or similar (though we all will also get bored by too straightforward a story).

I also don't really see how Frank's often mentioned, um, defensive personality would be the result of a wish fulfillment story. But it could be, true.

Reactions: Elhemeer

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
As for Frank's introversion (nothing else is with him. As someone who is introverted himself, I can definitely draw parallels to Frank in some situations) would be quite simple in a wish fulfillment story: we have here the rare case of a corruption story in which the male protagonist (even though I believe that actually Becca is the protagonist of the story) is the one who gets corrupted.

From this, in such a story, the point would be about Frank: divorced and widowed man, who doesn't even know how popular he is with women, is corrupted and seduced by his stepdaughter. Only for it to come out at the end that Frank was never the real protagonist of the story, but we were just a corruption story from the point of view of the corrupted and Becca has always been the protagonist. His inner monologues and self-doubts represent the pressure of social norms, which he would resist if he gave in.

The concept of the apparent protagonist from whose point of view one experiences the story, only for it to be revealed to the viewer at the end that he was never the protagonist, but someone else at his side reminds me in some way of the anime Akame Ga Kill.

Reactions: CalamarMaligno

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
As for Frank's introversion (nothing else is with him. As someone who is introverted himself, I can definitely draw parallels to Frank in some situations) would be quite simple in a wish fulfillment story: we have here the rare case of a corruption story in which the male protagonist (even though I believe that actually Becca is the protagonist of the story) is the one who gets corrupted.

From this, in such a story, the point would be about Frank: divorced and widowed man, who doesn't even know how popular he is with women, is corrupted and seduced by his stepdaughter. Only for it to come out at the end that Frank was never the real protagonist of the story, but we were just a corruption story from the point of view of the corrupted and Becca has always been the protagonist. His inner monologues and self-doubts represent the pressure of social norms, which he would resist if he gave in.

The concept of the apparent protagonist from whose point of view one experiences the story, only for it to be revealed to the viewer at the end that he was never the protagonist, but someone else at his side reminds me in some way of the anime Akame Ga Kill.
One slight irrelevant quibble ... if this is all Becca's story, then Frank is still the protagonist of the story. The story itself is still about Frank interacting with everyone around him. Becca casts herself in the "best friend" role. In a way, her character is closer to an antagonist (not a villain, but someone who forces the protag to the actions that cause him distress at first). Being the story teller doesn't really make her the protag, but as the story teller, she does make her "Becca" the linchpin.

I will say, while I enjoy the theory, I don't really subscribe to it. Would be fun at the end if there was a new book in-game published by Becca telling a "fictionalized" version of the AVN that's a best seller.

Reactions: pgm_01

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
wtf is wrong with the MC. every girl that tries to kiss him he says "nooo, i cant i dont like it", and flirt with him saying he's cute and handsome and he goes "nooo i'm not, u can't say that" and when they're naked he's like "i shouldn't see it". the WHOLE GAME, with EVERY GIRL, family or not, if he's gay he should just say it for gods sake. even after he
he's still avoiding simple pecks in the mouth, acting like a 10 yo who's into "bros b4 hoes". for the MC alone i'd rate this a 3* at best. i enjoyed it at first when he had reasons to be avoiding intimacy but even wayyy later on it's revealed
. he doesn't act like a man at all, even the shyest girl had more guts to act first than a fully grown man with a whole lot of sexual experience. zero sense, he's not arrogant like some other games protagonists but I don't like this.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
wtf is wrong with the MC. every girl that tries to kiss him he says "nooo, i cant i dont like it", and flirt with him saying he's cute and handsome and he goes "nooo i'm not, u can't say that" and when they're naked he's like "i shouldn't see it". the WHOLE GAME, with EVERY GIRL, family or not, if he's gay he should just say it for gods sake. even after he
he's still avoiding simple pecks in the mouth, acting like a 10 yo who's into "bros b4 hoes". for the MC alone i'd rate this a 3* at best. i enjoyed it at first when he had reasons to be avoiding intimacy but even wayyy later on it's revealed
. he doesn't act like a man at all, even the shyest girl had more guts to act first than a fully grown man with a whole lot of sexual experience. zero sense, he's not arrogant like some other games protagonists but I don't like this.
he is getting there tho albeit a bit slowly. In the most recent update he wasn't that reluctant to go do stuff with the girls (except Abby of course)

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Yes, Mei. I'm really happy that's her turn to shine. But I hope she get some emotional grow too. She was (according to CNG) only a side character, but was with help of patreons "promoted", so I see that she need some grow to catch others. "One of us, one of us!!! said girls. ;)

Reactions: ramvivat
3.90 star(s) 203 Votes