MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Like I said, I think it depends on how you interpret their end goal in the scenario.

Is it simply to have Frank for herself and her sisters? Definitely not. I think if Frank and Shannon's marriage had been more harmonious and Shannon had treated Abby and Lilly better, then the plot would never have gone in the direction it did. In my hypothetical scenario where Jess never died and Abby and Lilly went to the same school and became friends (with Jess helping to drive Shannon crazy) Shannon died about 10 years ago and Frank and Jess adopted Shannon's daughters (and all have a better mental state), Becca actually never has a reason to break up the marriage. Again, she may have developed a crush on Frank at some point, but probably grew out of it eventually. For the very reasons you mention: because she would know that if it was exposed for some stupid reason, no one would forgive her. That said, I think Jess, even if her personality is only shown to us through Frank's perception, would be a better mother figure for Lilly if only because it's not much worse than Shannon and I think Becca therefore has no reason to act in this scenario. Becca may be ruthless, and I personally wouldn't want her as an enemy, but unlike her mother, she wouldn't put her own interests above the welfare of Abby, Lilly and Frank.

But all this theoretical stuff aside, as I'm probably one of the few people with an interest in the scenario.

As I said, I have a suspicion that if Becca was involved, that it was a test. If the test was passed, Shannon would have kicked Trevor out, Frank would have come home and he would have seen Shannon kick Trevor out. They probably would have talked about it (Frank and Shannon that is) and if there was a spark of good in Shannon, she would have at least started to question herself and her actions and become a better mom and wife.

Is it realistic that Shannon could pass such a test? Personally I think not, but I think that the infidelity would probably have happened sooner or later, or in the worst case it could even have escalated into violence. It may sound far-fetched, but both Lilly and Shannon have very fiery tempers and I think if it wasn't for Becca and Abby (and yes, Frank too), it would have escalated at some point. I would even go so far as to assume that if it wasn't for Abby and Becca Lilly would have eventually run away and lived a life on the streets.

TL; DR: Would Becca have done it for selfish reasons? No. Would she have done it to see if there was something good in Shannon or to protect her little sisters (Abby and Lilly)? Absolutely.

Reactions: Macar

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Like I said, I think it depends on how you interpret their end goal in the scenario.

Is it simply to have Frank for herself and her sisters? Definitely not. I think if Frank and Shannon's marriage had been more harmonious and Shannon had treated Abby and Lilly better, then the plot would never have gone in the direction it did. In my hypothetical scenario where Jess never died and Abby and Lilly went to the same school and became friends (with Jess helping to drive Shannon crazy) Shannon died about 10 years ago and Frank and Jess adopted Shannon's daughters (and all have a better mental state), Becca actually never has a reason to break up the marriage. Again, she may have developed a crush on Frank at some point, but probably grew out of it eventually. For the very reasons you mention: because she would know that if it was exposed for some stupid reason, no one would forgive her. That said, I think Jess, even if her personality is only shown to us through Frank's perception, would be a better mother figure for Lilly if only because it's not much worse than Shannon and I think Becca therefore has no reason to act in this scenario. Becca may be ruthless, and I personally wouldn't want her as an enemy, but unlike her mother, she wouldn't put her own interests above the welfare of Abby, Lilly and Frank.

But all this theoretical stuff aside, as I'm probably one of the few people with an interest in the scenario.

As I said, I have a suspicion that if Becca was involved, that it was a test. If the test was passed, Shannon would have kicked Trevor out, Frank would have come home and he would have seen Shannon kick Trevor out. They probably would have talked about it (Frank and Shannon that is) and if there was a spark of good in Shannon, she would have at least started to question herself and her actions and become a better mom and wife.

Is it realistic that Shannon could pass such a test? Personally I think not, but I think that the infidelity would probably have happened sooner or later, or in the worst case it could even have escalated into violence. It may sound far-fetched, but both Lilly and Shannon have very fiery tempers and I think if it wasn't for Becca and Abby (and yes, Frank too), it would have escalated at some point. I would even go so far as to assume that if it wasn't for Abby and Becca Lilly would have eventually run away and lived a life on the streets.

TL; DR: Would Becca have done it for selfish reasons? No. Would she have done it to see if there was something good in Shannon or to protect her little sisters (Abby and Lilly)? Absolutely.
I said earlier what RogueKnight said...and we very rarely agree on anything lol.

Becca simply would not have orchestrated the cheating (as the story/characters are laid out to us). There are/were/would have been far too many variables for her to have any real guarantee of them working out as she wanted. Even the smallest potential and possibility of completely destroying both familes, losing her sisters and Frank would have stopped her. That would have gone too far and crossed a line even she wouldn't cross...far too much lose with no real guarantee of success.

As RogueKnight said also, she knows Frank better than he knows himself, and even though he would understand it was done for the greater good, he'd never forgive her for the actual act and all the potential and possible ways it could have gone (and likely would have gone) sideways. Just too many variables she would be unable to control.

Now...if she saw hints, that her mother was heading in that direction, caught her and Trevor talking etc...discussing a reuinion...or saw them having a coffee somewhere...then sure, I can see that she may have nudged one to stay in touch...to try and how to say...propogate it happening but no more, she would still be reliant on them two actually doing something. That however, is a far different to actually orchestrating her mother cheating. I just can't see it with the way her character is written.

The phone call? Whether it was her...disguised voice, got a friend to call Frank..whatever, doesn't matter. That would be a 100% guaranteed success rate knowing how Frank would react and again, I'm pretty damn sure that was set up by Becca, she just needed the right time and place. That scenario may have happened 10 times before, but if she knew Frank would not be able to get there in time etc, for whatever reason, she would have held off. She had to have a moment where she knew, guaranteed, Frank would catch them. (and sure, I'm happy to entertain she 'made sure' the house would be empty and told her mother the house would be empty) to help try and speed things up perhaps. Even then though, she is still relying on other people doing something they might not.

Setting up and orchestrating the actual cheating itself? Far too much stuff could go wrong and backfire in her face, even if she did want to do that. I guess though, ultimately in time, we will find out one way or the other heh. If you are correct though, I'd personally be very disappointed and it would sour her for me.

Last edited:

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
I think you're way overthinking and overcomplicating the steps MrLKX to be honest. Generally phase 1 of a big operation is the data gathering and resource gathering part. So there's a fairly decent chance that phase 1 was possibly nothing more than Becca finding out who was in and who was out of her plan for Frank. Becca would have to have spent quite some time, even with her smarts, to really be sure about the interest, and commitment, of Lily and Abby. No point in including anyone in the early phases if they'd never in a million years accept the late or final outcomes.

Reactions: Maviarab and MrLKX

Sinthetic

Apr 30, 2018
God damn. This game is really tempting. But that's all it is. Just a non stop tease fest tempered by constantly having to listen to OP beat himself up with guilt. OP does a pretty good job of stringing you along. I've been playing this for RL DAYS straight and we still haven't fuck Abby.
The game is summed up with these lines:

Rebecca says, "You two took your time. What took so long?"
Lilly says, "You know Frank, he takes forever to get changed."
Abby says, "Yeah, you'd think he was one of us."

That's right. You can put in graphics showing Frank's ridiculously huge dong, but playing as Frank makes you feel like you have a huge gaping pussy.

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
God damn. This game is really tempting. But that's all it is. Just a non stop tease fest tempered by constantly having to listen to OP beat himself up with guilt. OP does a pretty good job of stringing you along. I've been playing this for RL DAYS straight and we still haven't fuck Abby.
Quick note: on these forums, OP generally means Original Post - the first post on the first page for each game, where game updates are linked.

Leaving me imagining that post beating itself up, or stringing anyone along.

Then again, I do have a bizarre sense of humor.

girlfairdev

Mar 15, 2020

:ROFLMAO:I get his point though. The tedious nature of this MC really does have some repelling power. Overall it's a real drag on the entertainment value of this game.

Sinthetic

Apr 30, 2018
Quick note: on these forums, OP generally means Original Post - the first post on the first page for each game, where game updates are linked.

You know what I meant. The original poster, i.e. the writer.

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
You know what I meant. The original poster, i.e. the writer.
Yes, I obviously did, as I responded with silly humor rather than confusion. I just wanted to be sure you understood that OP has a significant, special, F95 meaning, in case you might not know. I generally find that speaking in the same terminology as the community I'm communicating with speeds understanding, as long as I understand what I'm saying.

Macar

Aug 25, 2019
I think you're way overthinking and overcomplicating the steps MrLKX to be honest. Generally phase 1 of a big operation is the data gathering and resource gathering part. So there's a fairly decent chance that phase 1 was possibly nothing more than Becca finding out who was in and who was out of her plan for Frank. Becca would have to have spent quite some time, even with her smarts, to really be sure about the interest, and commitment, of Lily and Abby. No point in including anyone in the early phases if they'd never in a million years accept the late or final outcomes.
If that's all it was though, there wouldn't be any need for secrecy. And the newest update shows that whatever those earlier phases are, she KNOWS Frank is not ready to hear it. It's something he'll be mad about. And yes, Frank will definitely be mad to hear that she orchestrated it at first. But he'll come around. Just like he did with everything else. Plus, it's not like Becca could MAKE Shannon cheat. All she could do is manipulate the situations for it to occur, maybe plant the idea. She can't force anyone to do something that they don't want to do. Her manipulation tactics aren't mind control. It can be seen as doing Frank a favor by revealing Shannon for who she really was. These are the arguments Becca will probably use, and Frank will eventually come to agree.

Macar

Aug 25, 2019
Setting up and orchestrating the actual cheating itself? Far too much stuff could go wrong and backfire in her face, even if she did want to do that. I guess though, ultimately in time, we will find out one way or the other heh. If you are correct though, I'd personally be very disappointed and it would sour her for me.
I'd say it's for riskier to try to manipulate Frank and Lilly into fucking. FAR more things could go wrong there. And Frank even made that argument early on. But he came around.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I'd say it's for riskier to try to manipulate Frank and Lilly into fucking. FAR more things could go wrong there. And Frank even made that argument early on. But he came around.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, whatever happens, while I'm not a fan of Becca's manipulations, I suspect I'll be able to live with it ... hopefully Frank will too.

Otherwise this is heading for one heck of a Shakespearian ending ...

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
If that's all it was though, there wouldn't be any need for secrecy. And the newest update shows that whatever those earlier phases are, she KNOWS Frank is not ready to hear it. It's something he'll be mad about.
Frank will be pretty mad if/when he knows that Becca knew Shannon was cheating for months, or possibly years, and held that back just to use it for her own plans, rather than because people might be hurt.

Think about it.

However, that's a forgivable kind of hurt, just about, so long as Becca was always working on making things 'right' in her own way. Frank would definitely not like it, and it would cause temporary distrust, derailing all her current plans, thus Becca would have to keep it secret, for now at least. But eventually he could find out without it ending their relationship, or without it remaining undiscovered but meaning their entire relationship was based on deception, and never truly hers.

Creating the situation, or encouraging it, that isn't forgivable. It makes her every bit as culpable as Shannon and Trevor, and a full-on co-conspirator in the offense itself. Frank could not forgive this without forgiving Shannon and Trevor too, and how likely do you think that is? Heck, even if that's how you are playing Frank, how acceptable to most other players do you think that would be?

So no, I don't see the writer having decided to implode his audience that way.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes