Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I don't even care that much about Abby and I know that it has been only a few in game weeks since the story began, but it has been almost 4 years since the game was first released. It's kind of wild that there is still no sex scenes between the mc and Abby. Maybe if you're playing for the first time, it might feel like things are progressing fast because you never had to wait for any update. But for me it is actually starting to make the game feel really boring. It's not like the game has outstanding visuals that take a lot of time to create and I've seen the exact same animations in a shitton of other games. The plot is not very realistic to begin with so the "slow burn" type of progress feels really unnecessary.
Ok mini rant is over.
To answer the last part: some just like the hunt more than the goal, whether realistic or not. You might not be one of them, which is fine.

And I do get that "real life" wait also comes into play, but in my eyes there's nothing worse than rushing things in game (when they weren't planned to be rushed to begin with) just because of outside aspects. Would make the whole feel of the game, whether you like it or don't, fall apart.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
To answer the last part: some just like the hunt more than the goal, whether realistic or not. You might not be one of them, which is fine.

And I do get that "real life" wait also comes into play, but in my eyes there's nothing worse than rushing things in game (when they weren't planned to be rushed to begin with) just because of outside aspects. Would make the whole feel of the game, whether you like it or don't, fall apart.
Like I said if you play the game for the first time things probably don't feel like they are progressing that slow, it has only been a few in-game weeks. But after 4 years of development it is a little annoying that the mc is trying convince himself that he doesn't want to escalate things and be with Abby when he already is having sex with his other step-daughters.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
But after 4 years of development it is a little annoying that the mc is trying convince himself that he doesn't want to escalate things and be with Abby when he already is having sex with his other step-daughters.
Another part of it is that the game begins with obvious interest from Abby, before anything else is on the table. It's the very first potential relationship that the story teases. So to have it be the last relationship to pay off (which it will be, no matter how many more years that takes) makes it even more frustrating. It's why I haven't played the last 3/4 releases and don't intend to play another one until the Abby situation is resolved one way or another (though, obviously, he's eventually going to have sex with her). Since I'm not a patron, the dev shouldn't care what I think, but if I was a patron (and cared about Abby) I'd be pretty annoyed.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
If you play partial games that are under development and it upsets you that game progress isn't affected by time passing in the real world, then it's probably something you should reconsider ... or at least wait for "slow-burn" games to be more developed and play something else in the mean time.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
In terms of effort: DAZ is more complex to use than HS1 and 2. It is therefore to be expected that comparatively "short" updates will take more time than in HS. A comparatively small paying fanbase compared to a project such as Eternum, which is a giant in comparison, also makes a difference, as less is possible financially. Last but not least, here is a point that I only suspect but have no proof of: I suspect that CNG is a relative beginner when it comes to animations and creating VNs in general. Compared to the beginning we had animations that looked very bumpy, I had commented "It looks like the characters are standing on a spinning disk when they turn around". In comparison, more recent animations seem much smoother. They may still not be perfect in some places, but you have to acknowledge that CNG has definitely improved in this aspect.

My conclusion is that for the size of the patreons (just under 2600) it's ok, especially when CNG is basically learning on the fly. Especially when a certain other DAZ dev has 8700 supporters (so more than three times as many) and much smaller updates, progress in the plot is much smaller and they publish much less reliably (yes, CNG doesn't always manage to meet his deadline either, but here at least it's only delayed by a few days if that, which is absolutely fine).

Hese_1

Feb 27, 2018
MrLKX I concur with you, i think the newer animations looks better than the ones in the beginning of the game. CNG is definetely improving and animation quality has gone up significantly.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
So, Frank does a good job of filling Lilly's hole? Yes, I think she'd agree!
I would say that she is definitely satisfied. At least Frank has never had any complaints about this.

A little anecdote: A few days or weeks before the update, I had wondered "What happened to the siblings Frank met back then and initially thought were a couple?" and then the sister actually appears in this update.

What was going through my mind yesterday: Each of the sisters will have their own story, apart from the main story. The order is Lilly, Abby, and Becca.

The first part of the plot was pretty much the Lilly plotline until Lilith's longing, we learn more about her problems and every now and then we had Abby plotlines that allow for later things in Abby's plot (Abby's birth father, story around her mother) but also move Lilly's plot forward (when Abby was upset Lilly herself, who wasn't quite on his good side at the time, admitted that even she couldn't blame him for it) and the line "You're as much a daughter to me as Abby is to me" has a weight to it that's impossible to deny.

Currently, we're primarily in the Abby storyline now, with the confrontation with her father, Abby becoming more confident and not taking any more shit from Shannon, and secondarily Lilly and her healing process taking very big steps (from "I don't trust you with Abby" to "I don't trust Abby with you") and I would also argue that she's also very slowly opening up to the idea of Abby and Frank.

It may be a long road, depending on how it's handled, but there's definitely movement from "if you touch her I'll castrate you" to the mutual teasing that they do now (like Frank joking about Abby and Lilly getting married and Abby being surprised that Lilly gets pregnant and the kids look like Frank). I could well imagine that there will be a big jump in the next update. But if there is, it will depend on whether CNG releases Abby's story by then. Before then, I think definitely not.

That leaves the final chapter: Becca. Abby and Lilly have had a big conflict to overcome so far, which was dramatic for them both in the beginning (because it made sense narratively). Now what, if any, could be the big conflict with Becca? It would definitely have to be something that she doesn't see coming and that kind of pulls the rug out from under her. The general plot line, so far, is obvious, at least in theory: all her machinations behind the scenes, like how Lilly's ex-boyfriend lost his job.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I would say that she is definitely satisfied. At least Frank has never had any complaints about this.

A little anecdote: A few days or weeks before the update, I had wondered "What happened to the siblings Frank met back then and initially thought were a couple?" and then the sister actually appears in this update.

What was going through my mind yesterday: Each of the sisters will have their own story, apart from the main story. The order is Lilly, Abby, and Becca.

The first part of the plot was pretty much the Lilly plotline until Lilith's longing, we learn more about her problems and every now and then we had Abby plotlines that allow for later things in Abby's plot (Abby's birth father, story around her mother) but also move Lilly's plot forward (when Abby was upset Lilly herself, who wasn't quite on his good side at the time, admitted that even she couldn't blame him for it) and the line "You're as much a daughter to me as Abby is to me" has a weight to it that's impossible to deny.

Currently, we're primarily in the Abby storyline now, with the confrontation with her father, Abby becoming more confident and not taking any more shit from Shannon, and secondarily Lilly and her healing process taking very big steps (from "I don't trust you with Abby" to "I don't trust Abby with you") and I would also argue that she's also very slowly opening up to the idea of Abby and Frank.

It may be a long road, depending on how it's handled, but there's definitely movement from "if you touch her I'll castrate you" to the mutual teasing that they do now (like Frank joking about Abby and Lilly getting married and Abby being surprised that Lilly gets pregnant and the kids look like Frank). I could well imagine that there will be a big jump in the next update. But if there is, it will depend on whether CNG releases Abby's story by then. Before then, I think definitely not.

That leaves the final chapter: Becca. Abby and Lilly have had a big conflict to overcome so far, which was dramatic for them both in the beginning (because it made sense narratively). Now what, if any, could be the big conflict with Becca? It would definitely have to be something that she doesn't see coming and that kind of pulls the rug out from under her. The general plot line, so far, is obvious, at least in theory: all her machinations behind the scenes, like how Lilly's ex-boyfriend lost his job.
There is nothing wrong with the thinking behind this, but the graphic that CNG uses to depict when the next updates are coming out list the main story in order of progress and expected release and the Side stories in a similar list ... and Becca is listed before Abby, implying Becca's side story -- and thus her "story defining moment" -- will come before Abby's.

That said, both side stories currently have the same number. That could either mean he's just doing the images for both first, or it just means he's doing the images as the moments he plans to highlight happen in the main story and they're at the same place so far (I presume he has some kind of outline for all this based on how his walkthroughs are done).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: MrLKX

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Good point. My assumption just stemmed from the thought that from a dramaturgical standpoint, it makes sense that Abby comes before Becca because she has the most layers of secrets around her, whereas Abby is very straightforward. But well, I'm curious to see how CNG will do it.

Reactions: Elhemeer
3.90 star(s) 203 Votes