ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
Wait a minute. If the MC gave Jessica his Grandmother's wedding ring, I wonder if he was crazy enough to give the same ring to Shannon, cause I doubt she'll give it back. If it's worth something that is.

• Angry
Reactions: Havik79

wittnotyoyo

Jan 31, 2020
She was never bad towards the MC...only Jessie. Now, whether or not she was nice to the MC for ulterior motives or not is another matter, but she was always pleasant towards him. As for getting together...well, Jessie died remember, he had a child to look after and Shannon came back on the scene (with 2 kids of herself). Not that unusual actually in reality, I've seen it happen numerous times between sworn enemies at school...but as adults they have matured (to a point).

Also if you bother reading, the MC himself says he needed help, he was clueless and didn't know what to do or how he would deal with her on his own with certain subjects. He was looking for a mother for Abigail.
It makes sense to get back with an ex who he has a history with after becoming a widower yes. That is why I specified the MC getting together with Shannon in high school. You didn't even understand my comment so spare me the condescension about reading the game.

When I was in high school I would never have hung out with someone who treated my best friend like trash. I wouldn't have kept a best friend who became friendly with someone who treated me like trash. The MC saw Shannon and Jessica interact within minutes of meeting Shannon. He knew their relationship was horrific and still made the decision to spend time with Shannon at huge expense to his relationship with his best friend.

EDIT: removed an extraneous "read".

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
It makes sense to get back with an ex who he has a history with after becoming a widower yes. That is why I specified the MC getting together with Shannon in high school. You didn't even understand my comment so spare me the condescension about reading the game.

When I was in high school I would never have hung out with someone who treated my best friend like trash. I wouldn't have kept a best friend who became friendly with someone who treated me like trash. The MC saw Shannon and Jessica interact within minutes of meeting Shannon. He knew their relationship was horrific and still made the decision to spend time with Shannon at huge expense to his relationship with his best friend.

EDIT: removed an extraneous "read".
I wonder what happened to the person who killed Jessica?
Or was it a hit and run. I wonder who was driving.
This is like that mystery move namie named " Clue".
If the criminal got away, I bet it was someone Jessica knew.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
This is like that mystery move name Clue.
If the criminal got away. I bet it was someone Jessica knew.
Unless I've got my games mixed up...... you do know who the person is that hit Jessica. He's the employee you fired and then let him leave the office when he was clearly intoxicated, after which he hit her with his car while driving drunk(er). But I don't recall that the MC knows more than that.

wittnotyoyo

Jan 31, 2020
Unless I've got my games mixed up...... you do know who the person is that hit Jessica. He's the employee you fired and then let him leave the office when he was clearly intoxicated, after which he hit her with his car while driving drunk(er). But I don't recall that the MC knows more than that.
I think you are thinking of Light of My Life.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
light of My Life dude.

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
It must have been a real quick revelation or I was clicking too fast in the beginning.
What I wonder is why did Shannon marry the MC or vice versa.
They have nothing in common. They are complete opposites, good versus evil.
Not to mention the MC didn't have much money in the end.
But at least he was smart enough to provide for Abby, in his own way.
Most girls like to go out with the bad boy type.
In this case, it was the other way around.
Man, was he asking for it.

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Strong second to this. It feels weird that the MC would hang out with let alone develop a relationship with his best friend's mortal enemy.
pretty sure I understood it just fine ;)

Reactions: MrFriendly

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
I wonder if Darla is going to be included in the Harem in some future update?
I didn't get that Darla scene. One minute they are doing it, just the BJ part and then I thought she was going back to the table.
I turn around and she's naked and stuff and they go at it again., weird scene sequence.

Last edited:

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
Pretty sure you're wrong.

Then why doesn't your answer apply? I know for a fact that Jessica died after high school. Shannon left before the end of high school. Jessica's death had nothing to do with the MC getting together with Shannon in high school.

Your answer also implies that Shannon had 2 children before she met the MC. You may be right on this one but I doubt it.

I don't want to have to re-read the game but I don't remember Shannon having any kids when she was dating the MC in high school. If someone else will confirm that the reason the MC got together with Shannon in high school was because of her two kids I will be back to apologize.

It makes me wonder who the father was and where the kids were when Shannon was going to parties, hanging out at the pool, pursuing the MC or throwing shade at Jessica. I also wonder why the MC never mentions them, did Shannon give them up to their dad or something?

See, you actually answered why the MC got together with Shannon the second time. This is obvious because your explanation includes things that happened after the first breakup. If your response had included events or information from while the MC was in high school that would have implied an understanding of my post.

Answering a question that I did not ask implies that actually you did not understand just fine. :eek:
Who knows how many times Shannon cheated, maybe 2 times, maybe 200.
All we know is you can't believe anything she says.
We'll never know who the father or fathers are until she stops lying and cheating so much.

VigoSuave

Apr 14, 2019
Does anyone have theories on why the MC and Shannon got together in high school?

Given the relationship dynamics between Shannon, Jessica and the MC I don't understand how or why the MC would spend enough time with Shannon to develop a relationship.

Shannon intruding on the friendship between Jessica and the MC makes perfect sense given what we know about their feud and future Shannon.

MC recently moved to town. Jessica goes above and beyond to make him feel welcome, settled in and to develop a friendship. Just from the initial few meetings it feels like a betrayal for the MC to get to know Shannon. It isn't like MC and Shannon met and bonded before he knew about the dynamic between Shannon and Jessica. He learns about it almost immediately after meeting Shannon.

MC being a horny teen and Shannon being available is about all that I can come up with. Teenage brain is a while ago so who knows maybe the decision makes sense. I just can't see spending time around let alone developing a relationship with someone who I know goes out of their way to hurt someone I care about.

I fear it is shoehorned in to give us the storyline of Shannon and Jessica's daughters being best friends.
Not so much a theory on why they got together in high school, but a theory of why she left him in high school. Consider that Lilith and Abby are the same age and Becca is older. Maybe a year or two had passed before the MC got together with Jessica while she was pregnant with Abby. Therefore, Shannon was pregnant with Lilith at the same time. Given the time frame, she would have had Becca at least a year or two earlier. My theory? Shannon left the MC after her parents found out she was pregnant with the MC's child...Becca. Just a theory, obviously.

Reactions: wittnotyoyo

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
Not so much a theory on why they got together in high school, but a theory of why she left him in high school. Consider that Lilith and Abby are the same age and Becca is older. Maybe a year or two had passed before the MC got together with Jessica while she was pregnant with Abby. Therefore, Shannon was pregnant with Lilith at the same time. Given the time frame, she would have had Becca at least a year or two earlier. My theory? Shannon left the MC after her parents found out she was pregnant with the MC's child...Becca. Just a theory, obviously.
Obviously she was pursuing him and ended in marriage.
She had no choice being dumped by his ex with 2 daughters and little income.
MC was just in the right place, right time. Shannon just took advantage of his emotional state after losing Jessica. He was thinking of what was best for his daughter at the time. She needed a family and a mother and one thing led to another and they got married.
The fact that Shannon was his ex made it easy for her.
Probably made up some sappy story to get him to take part of the responsibility off her hands.
He took care all all 3 daughters until he caught her cheating.
And in a way he still does. Too bad that is a one bedroom apartment or all 4 or more would be living together.
Make that Harem big, bigger then big.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
This is like that mystery move namie named " Clue".
If the criminal got away, I bet it was someone Jessica knew.
Whoops, no, I did have my games crossed up. It was in Light Of My Life where that happened, not in Single Again.

I shall play the "I'm 65, so my mind is gone" card. cough

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
It must have been a real quick revelation or I was clicking too fast in the beginning.
What I wonder is why did Shannon marry the MC or vice versa.
They have nothing in common. They are complete opposites, good versus evil.
Not to mention the MC didn't have much money in the end.
But at least he was smart enough to provide for Abby, in his own way.
Most girls like to go out with the bad boy type.
In this case, it was the other way around.
Man, was he asking for it.
Meh, quoted the wrong post. See my post above.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The question is. Who was she cheating with?
Shannon begged the MC not to tell his daughters.
What's the big mystery? I just hope the MC at least punched him or something.
Wasn't it said that Shannon was cheating with the the girls' father?

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Does anyone have theories on why the MC and Shannon got together in high school?

Given the relationship dynamics between Shannon, Jessica and the MC I don't understand how or why the MC would spend enough time with Shannon to develop a relationship.

Shannon intruding on the friendship between Jessica and the MC makes perfect sense given what we know about their feud and future Shannon.

MC recently moved to town. Jessica goes above and beyond to make him feel welcome, settled in and to develop a friendship. Just from the initial few meetings it feels like a betrayal for the MC to get to know Shannon. It isn't like MC and Shannon met and bonded before he knew about the dynamic between Shannon and Jessica. He learns about it almost immediately after meeting Shannon.

MC being a horny teen and Shannon being available is about all that I can come up with. Teenage brain is a while ago so who knows maybe the decision makes sense. I just can't see spending time around let alone developing a relationship with someone who I know goes out of their way to hurt someone I care about.

I fear it is shoehorned in to give us the storyline of Shannon and Jessica's daughters being best friends.
Yeah that make no sense.
Jessica is the first person the MC met when he moved to the new city. She and he became friends it would seem natural that they dated. There was no backstory to Shannon (that I recall), just BAM! the MC is dating Shannon.
If the dev wanted to have Jess get pregnant by another guy all he had to do was have them break up after high school as each went to a different college. Why? Maybe the MC and Jess wanted to major in something different and different colleges were each renowned for that major so they had to go to different schools.

I do wish we didn't see the MC's face. It's mostly POV, and that character is not what I envision the MC looking like.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes