MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
Not much into sandbox games, but holy shit am I glad to have tried this one. I've sunk alot of time into Love and Vice, but this is way better than your 1st game man. Keep up the good work MakinWaves. Even tho this isn't a traditional VN since the sandbox, I'm still going to say that the way the story is and all the choices that are forshadowing stuff this is my 2nd favorite "VN" of all time looking forward to seeing how the story pans out and I will be joining your patreon come the 3rd of January.
Thank you very much! I had hoped this would turn out as a refinement of what I did with l&v, so glad to see you're finding it more enjoyable to play.
Got great potential. In terms of the sharing like the different categories, I'll call it (big dick, slob, black etc are they/could they be combined or are they all individual if that makes sense and can the "landlady" be with all of them at once or only the one with highest points or something if that makes sense like with a black guy one night then a slob the next or if its combined like a slob black guy and it might be a good idea or at least I think it would be great if we could see the dreams she has ideally more than a couple renders to see what it might look like later down that route ill call it and also good for the people who want some sex scenes early as I assume it's going to be at least not until the update after the next for some sex scenes with landlady and other main love interests also is the limit going to be 3 dreams or are more going to be added and with the other characters have different dreams like older men for the landlady daughter for example etc. Sorry for all questions quite excited and interested to see where it goes good luck with the game.
So my thinking right now is Evelyn's dream stuff will influence her choices in guys if you encourage her to start dating again. So she'll have a different pool of candidates depending on what dreams you gave her. Maybe some different options will combine together, but we'll have to see since too many different options will mean more renders to do etc. I can't promise to do more renders for the dream content itself, since renders are already bottlenecking the game's production and you'll be seeing results in the dating system anyway. But maybe I can throw a few in at some point, I'll keep the idea in mind. Might make for a nice ability you can unlock later to glimpse into their dreams.

In terms of other characters, I can't say right now how I'll go about it. Harley should have a similar system, and yeah likely a few different topics to Evelyn.

Not gonna lie, the first time I saw the thumbnail for this one, I kinda just scrolled passed it.. but ended up trying it today, and honestly? I REALLY feckin like it so far.

Like, the character models look good (though the lil emo/goth chick's hair tho?.. yikerssss:WutFace::ROFLMAO:), and I'm also really interested in the story itself.

Really curious to see the progress for developing the MC's stats and whatnot, as well as the further developing of relationships..

But yeh, keep this thing going fam.. It's rare that I can find a vamp or occult VN that makes me wanna keep coming back and has me eager to see more and play more.(y):cool:

Also, MAJOR bonus for me? The MC's character looks guuuuuuud:sneaky: Always thought that model looks hella sexy (personal opinion).. Like, bend me over daddy:devilish: :LOL:
Thanks for trying it out! There's a lot to come in terms of developing your character and of course the girls. Felt like this niche was very under utilized so just had to do something about that.

Nobody likes Harley's hair metal look :cry: I might have to run a poll at some point to decide if I change it or not.
Interesting start. Haven't played L&V in a long while; never really felt like it needed the extra girls, but this seems more suited to it.
tbh, I still kinda zoned out with the super-long intro, but that might have been post-Christmas-food-coma. Once it got to the familiar-yet-improved gameplay it felt right at home though. Love that the characters (at least the mother/daughter) look fairly unique; not a look I'd have chosen but that's what makes it interesting.

Not much else to say this early one ... uuh, Bloodlines 2 is going to suck. But at least there's this now :whistle:
Yeah the intro is longer than I would have liked. I did write it more than two years ago at this point. Though it's been refined a fair bit since then, I still probably would have structured it differently if I was to do it all again. Problem is there was a lot of information to get through and things to establish. Takes some real skill to do all that in a super concise and entertaining manner.

deedmore

Mar 15, 2020
Nobody likes Harley's hair metal look :cry: I might have to run a poll at some point to decide if I change it or not.
You gotta keep it man, its the good kind of unique, very fitting for a goth character, black metal/cure/80's goth vibes which it absolutely rocks. Too many people want the same basic overused designs, stay true to your vision. I don't think one character's hair is going to make it a no play for people.

Oct 17, 2020
Thanks for trying it out! There's a lot to come in terms of developing your character and of course the girls. Felt like this niche was very under utilized so just had to do something about that.

It really is under utilized honestly. Most of the other games I've played in a similar category either go MIA/Abandoned, or the first part is good, and then all just goes completely downhill from there.

And I'm really looking forward to the development for both the MC and the girls, especially the story tbh. Like I said, it's kinda rare to find a game like this that has an intriguing storyline and character development and whatnot; so yeh.. keep going man!
Just wish I could find something similar with some LGBTQ choices too in a way.. maybe a lil bi action.. that's even more rare than anything lmaoo:cry::LOL:

Also, in regards to Harley's hair.. uhhmm.. yeh hahaha :LOL:
Like, I don't mean it in a rude or mean or, like, judgey as fuck way, ya know? I only said that because that's more of my personal opinion than anything else lol.. I mean, I can overlook it if it's kind of her shtick, in a way lolol:LOL:

Anyway, I look forward to seeing more from ya! Goodluck n godspeed fam:cool:

• Red Heart
Reactions: MakinWaves

MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
If FAT Larry (with a F-A-T) won't make an at least cameo appearance i'm going to pout!
I could never do Fat Larry justice!
You gotta keep it man, its the good kind of unique, very fitting for a goth character, black metal/cure/80's goth vibes which it absolutely rocks. Too many people want the same basic overused designs, stay true to your vision. I don't think one character's hair is going to make it a no play for people.
Well thanks for that input. It seems a bit divisive, but I'll see how things go once her content is actually available. People might warm up to it or get even more frustrated! Even if only 50% are fine with it, then I'll keep it going. I just have to be wary of my own tastes not resonating with the audience.
It really is under utilized honestly. Most of the other games I've played in a similar category either go MIA/Abandoned, or the first part is good, and then all just goes completely downhill from there.

And I'm really looking forward to the development for both the MC and the girls, especially the story tbh. Like I said, it's kinda rare to find a game like this that has an intriguing storyline and character development and whatnot; so yeh.. keep going man!
Just wish I could find something similar with some LGBTQ choices too in a way.. maybe a lil bi action.. that's even more rare than anything lmaoo:cry::LOL:

Also, in regards to Harley's hair.. uhhmm.. yeh hahaha :LOL:
Like, I don't mean it in a rude or mean or, like, judgey as fuck way, ya know? I only said that because that's more of my personal opinion than anything else lol.. I mean, I can overlook it if it's kind of her shtick, in a way lolol:LOL:

Anyway, I look forward to seeing more from ya! Goodluck n godspeed fam:cool:
Well I hope the story turns out to your liking. It's probably going to be the most challenging aspect of the game to get right. I am planning on using it as a framework to drive character interaction and player choice, so we'll see how that goes.

In terms of bi content, the closest I'm probably going to get is mtf trans content. I don't have any confidence in my ability to dude x dude in a way that's actually good. And I'm not sure if token representation of it is really going to appeal to many, seems more like a thing that would have to be present in the whole game. But if a good opportunity pops up, maybe I'll take the chance to do something new.

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018
Love the dommy mommy look. Hopefully shes not the only girl with the athletic/fit/muscular build.
Keep Haleys hair its metal as fuck.
Also need to add some chocolate to this dessert. Maybe a thick black milf.

Im assuming vampire the masquerade was a big influence. Makes me hope a kindred from the east (Asian vampire from like china or japan) werewolf, mage, ghost (Geist), changling, and mummy ladies make an appearance. Sorry for all the suggestions its seems the possibilities are endless.

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to more.

Reactions: deedmore

MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
Love the dommy mommy look. Hopefully shes not the only girl with the athletic/fit/muscular build.
Keep Haleys hair its metal as fuck.
Also need to add some chocolate to this dessert. Maybe a thick black milf.

Im assuming vampire the masquerade was a big influence. Makes me hope a kindred from the east (Asian vampire from like china or japan) werewolf, mage, ghost (Geist), changling, and mummy ladies make an appearance. Sorry for all the suggestions its seems the possibilities are endless.

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to more.
Oh she won't be the only one if I have my way. I do more than vampires planned, but I don't want to go too crazy as I've already got quite the number of vamp girls already to come! I can't talk about it too deeply without going into spoilers, and it might be a while before other stuff starts appearing as actual characters. Combat missions should involve a fair bit of monster hunting though, and that should be coming much sooner.

• Love
Reactions: quinfax

sagerock820

Nov 5, 2023
Just finished playing through, I think. I got the message that the Evelyn content had reached the end. I enjoyed it. There are very few sandbox games I play but this one will be added to my list to continue playing. Good job on this first release MakinWaves! Part of the draw was the potential sharing content. Very few games do it right. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in your game.

MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
I'll be honest I do not think I've managed to level up anything yet so I definitely need to play some more.
If you bring up the objective screen (the flag icon) you can find details for basically all the content and what stuff levels up your prestige etc

Reactions: Ryno890
Oct 18, 2020
I think I got a bit lost on the menus and stuff. Is the ability to play the alternative stuff like the love content post corruption focus still going to be possible here? Or once you chosen a route, the other is lost? How will that work out? Will it remain relatively the same as Vice?

4.80 star(s) 18 Votes