MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
I think I got a bit lost on the menus and stuff. Is the ability to play the alternative stuff like the love content post corruption focus still going to be possible here? Or once you chosen a route, the other is lost? How will that work out? Will it remain relatively the same as Vice?
You have to choose a route with this one. With the render based visuals this time around, there's more potential to have each be more distinct, and have more inconsistency between them. So route locking seemed the best choice.

If you want to do both, well hopefully over time you'll have plenty of other reasons to make a second play through more interesting.

MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
Android version now available, added links to the OP.

Did some UI work to make it playable on mobile. Should hopefully work on a variety of screen sizes but if you experience issues, please report them and ideally give me details of your device!

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Tip: When the game asks you who a certain lady is, type "mom" instead of "landlady" and "sister" instead of "roommate". I made the grave mistake of leaving everything as it is, and the dialogue loses all meaning. The MC starts saying "landlady" all the time without even calling the woman by her name (who obviously lives in the same house) and you realise that nothing makes sense.
On top of that, I overwrote the save, so I had to start from scratch :HideThePain:.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Tip: When the game asks you who a certain lady is, type "mom" instead of "landlady" and "sister" instead of "roommate". I made the grave mistake of leaving everything as it is, and the dialogue loses all meaning. The MC starts saying "landlady" all the time without even calling the woman by her name (who obviously lives in the same house) and you realise that nothing makes sense.
On top of that, I overwrote the save, so I had to start from scratch :HideThePain:.
This is kinda what I meant back here.... the dialogue structure isn't written to truly be variable - seems like it'd make more sense just to force those relationships unless some other mechanism can be put in place to make it flow without.
This is a lot of work, unless someone could figure out a smarter way to do it, but have you ever considered adding interpolated articles besides pronouns to the dialogue? As it is now, (and most games), the titles are restricted to descriptive pronouns like "sister"/"Friend" etc, as just calling them something like "Hazel" (how non-incest dialogues would flow instead of heavy usage of relationship pronoun) results in something like "My Hazel was in the bedroom".

Even though I prefer non-incest, I tolerate it because much dialogue in games like these sounds overly clunky with the relationship pronouns inserted everywhere. People don't constantly refer to their friends as "my friend/my landlord was over there", they just say "hazel/evelyn was over there".

I suppose I could just insert a custom dictionary replacing all instances of "_your [evelyn.rel]" with "[evelyn.rel]" etc, but that might also knock out proper sentences.

MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
Sorry I'll add a means to change this stuff in character settings at some point.

This is kinda what I meant back here.... the dialogue structure isn't written to truly be variable - seems like it'd make more sense just to force those relationships unless some other mechanism can be put in place to make it flow without.
I'll try and keep it in mind going forward when writing the dialogue. Unfortunately it'll never be ideal when customization is involved.

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
I'm playing the first few days, when the game starts its sandbox mode, and so far I like it (y), apparently we can do things during the day (the concept of torpor with the sun doesn't exist) and we have a "father" for the first time, at least in my case (in all the vampire games I've tried, my sire has always been a woman :cool:).

Two very small visual bugs:
1) When you open the phone in sandbox mode, the messages are dated 01/01/1970.
2) The game uses the sister's default name in the dialogues when was checking the pictures in the mother's room and also in the phone's menu (in my case, she's the only one whose name I changed, so I noticed it, maybe it happens with other characters, but I don't know).

Reactions: MakinWaves

MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
I'm playing the first few days, when the game starts its sandbox mode, and so far I like it (y), apparently we can do things during the day (the concept of torpor with the sun doesn't exist) and we have a "father" for the first time, at least in my case (in all the vampire games I've tried, my sire has always been a woman :cool:).

Two very small visual bugs:
1) When you open the phone in sandbox mode, the messages are dated 01/01/1970.
2) The game uses the sister's default name in the dialogues when was checking the pictures in the mother's room and also in the phone's menu (in my case, she's the only one whose name I changed, so I noticed it, maybe it happens with other characters, but I don't know).
Nice to hear you're enjoying it. I decided to not make these vampires catatonic during the day since I have a hard time rationalizing how they could survive/grow with such a major flaw. And yeah, I think most go with a female sire, so I went with a dude. I can do more with it when there's no clear romantic dynamic.

Thanks for reporting the bugs. The second lot I've already fixed for the next release.

neennah

Feb 2, 2020
The idea behind isn't too original - not very successful guy becomes a vampire, changing to an Alpha and getting himself embroiled in the secrets of the night.

However, its definitely one of the best examples of the genre. For a first release there is lots of content, the female leads are attractive and original (the Mom is a bit of a body builder, but still shapely ad sister, who we've not seen much of yet, is a good looking goth type). It's not two scenes and they're in bed, but neither is the build-up so slow and tedious you end up skipping the game - getting that balance is something few games do and this is one of them.

looking forward to more updates

TheLionGuy

Oct 13, 2021
Will you be giving the option to download an update only? I can see myself wanting to try every new update but I can also envision this game getting pretty big. Not the sort of thing I want to redownload every time.

MakinWaves

Love & Vice
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
Will you be giving the option to download an update only? I can see myself wanting to try every new update but I can also envision this game getting pretty big. Not the sort of thing I want to redownload every time.
I'll look into it when it when the time comes.

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
I wanted my other one to be close to finished by now, but that just didn't work out. I started Sins to help manage my burnout, and without that, development might have gone sideways.
Do you know when Love and Vice gonna finish?

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
I want to get up to the game's endings this year, but I do make a habit of underestimating how long development will take.
Will you develop both games simultaneously or one at a time? Also since you're the only dev I'm aware of that's making two completely different games can you tell me the development process of both games if it's ok? How long does an update for each game take to develop, and which one is harder(probably the 3D) to make?

Reactions: Fantasyerotica1234
4.80 star(s) 18 Votes