VN Ren'Py Sins of Summer [Dev Thread]

Jun 6, 2017
I think Nevereast made a post here yesterday, but has since deleted it. All his older posts with art in other threads seem to be gone, not only here but also on patreon, twitter and slushe.
Doesn't look good at all tbh... At least this thread is still up...

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
What did he posted or said ?
And you right. Patreon post all done, only his first post on Oct 29, 2021 is still there.
His account on Twitter like on Deviantart still up but everything deleted.
Not looking good, not looking good indeed. I liked his art and from the conversations we had private he seems to be a very chill and nice guy. He also made me one Pic I wanted...
Pls dont tell me he is gone without telling anything..

Jun 6, 2017
I think there was a new picture with the elf chick and some news about personal issues. It didn't seem negative about his future work, but it was pretty late for me and I was half asleep. I was hoping to get a better read of it today.

It really sucks that his elf set has disappeared from slushe/patreon...

At least he didn't close/delete this thread (don't know if he can actually do that) and the patreon is up, only paused again.
I really hope he doesn't just torch everything and disappears...

NeverEast

May 26, 2017
I'm still around... I've been working the last couple of days on getting my life back in order to start really producing when it comes to game development/renders. As for the deleting/removals, I did it in this thread specifically just due to the fact it wasn't related to the subject matter and it wasn't getting as much feedback as news about actual development. Just trying to keep us, and more importantly myself, on track here.

As for Patreon, Slushe, etc... Most of my work up to this point has been a learning experience, and I've learned a TON. I'm wanting to actually start producing stuff I can be proud of rather than pieces that will get me a few likes/comments. So it's more of a new slate for me to actually say "Now we're getting started." If anything, I think that should be more exciting than anything. I'll also be updating patreon soon. I just want to make sure that I have everything I want to say in order first.

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. I enjoy doing this too much :KEK: .

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
I'm still around... I've been working the last couple of days on getting my life back in order to start really producing when it comes to game development/renders. As for the deleting/removals, I did it in this thread specifically just due to the fact it wasn't related to the subject matter and it wasn't getting as much feedback as news about actual development. Just trying to keep us, and more importantly myself, on track here.

As for Patreon, Slushe, etc... Most of my work up to this point has been a learning experience, and I've learned a TON. I'm wanting to actually start producing stuff I can be proud of rather than pieces that will get me a few likes/comments. So it's more of a new slate for me to actually say "Now we're getting started." If anything, I think that should be more exciting than anything. I'll also be updating patreon soon. I just want to make sure that I have everything I want to say in order first.

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. I enjoy doing this too much :KEK: .
Jesus bro you gave me a heart attack!
I thought you got "canceled" for what ever the reason may be these days, or you might having some real big issues.
I wont pry, seems you have your problems and taken them care of is prio nr.1.

Glad you still alive and decided to answear.
I will drink to you today my friend!
May your health and wealth be enormous like the MC dick in your game :devilish:

Zavijava_

Oct 19, 2020
Good to see you're still around :D I felt bad a while ago pruning you off my Patreon subscriptions because of budgeting, since your renders are truly superb. Good luck with all your IRL stuff, and I'm certainly looking forward to whatever you come up with!

Reactions: mochojuan8

NeverEast

May 26, 2017
Gallery_002.png

So a little dev update. I've been working on getting the UI and game mechanics squared away. I keep seeing around F95 that sandbox features in most games I frequent are getting some extreme hate lately, so I'm kind of on the fence of even continuing down that path. As for story, writing is going great! Rendering? Fantastic, I've been extremely happy with my results lately. My only bottleneck at the moment is that I'm just one person working on this with a mediocre machine, so it's just going to take some time. Oh! And I finally settled on a decent cock size for MC; I've pretty much matched him up perfectly with Danny-D... and it's staying that way!

Zavijava_

Oct 19, 2020
Mmmmmmmm, that render is beautiful! :love::love::love: The MC looks good too IMO.

The sandbox question makes me somewhat nervous as well, since my own project is based on a sandbox.

Maybe this is wishful thinking but I think a good number of people, even the ones who normally complain, will tolerate a sandbox as long as the interface isn't crap (Milfy City comes to mind as an example that's decently easy to navigate; I've also seen some really bad ones but I won't throw shade), and as long as there's a point to it (It's much more appropriate for games like Milfy City, where there's several independent paths for the player to choose from/ignore. IMO sandboxes aren't needed just for the sake of a binary choice between "visit a waifu for an extra scene / get on with the main story"). If done well, a good sandbox can make me feel immersed in a game, more than if it was a VN.

Some people will definitely kneejerk-ignore your thread when they see the "sandbox" tag :( but I think a lot of people will meet you halfway as long as the experience isn't frustrating.

Definitely excited to see where this game goes! :D

• Red Heart
Reactions: NeverEast
Jun 6, 2017
You guys should do what you think fits best in you games imo.
That being said I've never faulted a game for not having a sandbox, but I've hated games that had shitty grindy sandboxes.
It's really fun to be able to be able to explore the map, approach side quests at your own pace and have repeatable events, but a lot of games use the sandbox for some shitty grind.
As long as you don't make you locations too convoluted to navigate, have a quick way to return to the 'map' and have something showing where characters are I'm all for sandboxes with sandboxes.

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
View attachment 1749336

So a little dev update. I've been working on getting the UI and game mechanics squared away. I keep seeing around F95 that sandbox features in most games I frequent are getting some extreme hate lately, so I'm kind of on the fence of even continuing down that path. As for story, writing is going great! Rendering? Fantastic, I've been extremely happy with my results lately. My only bottleneck at the moment is that I'm just one person working on this with a mediocre machine, so it's just going to take some time. Oh! And I finally settled on a decent cock size for MC; I've pretty much matched him up perfectly with Danny-D... and it's staying that way!
Dat ass :sneaky:
The MC looks fine and also his size. Glad you didnt reduces him more then necessary.
While I understand "some people" want to see a more "realistic" dick size, but people should understand we are there not only to bang milfs, but to subjugate them sexualy. :devilish:
You need all the tools we can get, and the bigger the tool, the better the outcome.

The thing with sandbox...well, what can I say.
I never had a problem with such genre before but like you said, people have a hate boner to it. Probably because mostly of such sandbox games are pointles click fests and dont offer you much for it.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

mochojuan8

Jul 26, 2019
View attachment 1749336

Amazing, I have big expectations about this!

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
So I've finished Nicole's character images, so I'm starting on Elizabeth's (the mom/landlord in my VN). Figured I'd share a preview of what I'm working with. I actually recently had someone tell me they didn't like the way she looks... :(

View attachment 1879335
The previews look very good. Don’t pay too much attention to the criticism right now. Make the renders and story exactly as you intended.

It will find its audience. It probably won’t be easy but it will be more worthwhile and satisfying. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Viggy and NeverEast

Zavijava_

Oct 19, 2020
IMO they both look incredible. I would love to be the unwitting intern Nicole hires for "stress relief" ;) And Elizabeth is lovely! As always, your renders are some of the best. (y)

• Red Heart

NeverEast

May 26, 2017
Did you morphed her face since the previous arts, cuz here she really doesn’t look that appealing?
Nope, same character. To be fair, in almost every other picture I've put her in she's had the "come fuck me face" on, so that's probably why it's not as "appealing" :KEK: